CARL AZUZ, CNN STUDENT NEWS ANCHOR: It's the most awesome day of the week, and we're glad you're spending part of it with CNN Student News. I'm Carl Azuz. You're in for 10 minutes of commercial-free headlines starting right this second. First Up: Foo

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(八)月

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Im Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember. On our program this week, we tell about the disease tuberculosis. It is one of the world's leading infectious diseases. We also tell abou

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(四)月

Bacteria Discovered To Recharge Cell Phone A microbe called Rhodoferax Ferrireducens,found in the mud at Oyster Bay,Virginia,has been discovered to transfer electrons directly onto an electrode

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 有声杂志阅读

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Adam Navis. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Kajal is nine years old. She lives i

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

First up today, a man from Massachusetts is charged with plotting an attack on Washington D.C.. One official says Rezwan Ferdaus was never really a threat, but he was the target of the undercover FBI investigation. Law enforcement officers has been i

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(十)月

This is Scientific American 60 second Science, I am Christopher Intagliata, got a minute? It's no secret cigarettes can yellow your teeth. But tobacco smoke has another, unseen effect. It can wipe out the healthy bacteria in your mouth, leaving the f

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

This is Scientific Americans 60 Second Science, I am Cynthia Graber, this will just take a minute. Compounds found in the herb thyme have antibiotic properties. Now scientists have demonstrated that thyme might have a future role in fighting acne. A

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science, Im Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? Last month's salmonella outbreak got over 1,500 people sick. And one reason salmonella may be such a heavy hitter is that it actually hijacks our immune response

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

This January, the country Turkey will join a handful of European nations that require visual health warnings on every pack of cigarettes. These images include things like diseased lungs and a foot sporting a toe tag. But maybe a Petri dish overrun wi

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Successes Against Tuberculosis, But Not Everywhere By George Grow Broadcast: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Bob

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Bacteria are amazingly adaptable. They live in hot springs, in the dead sea and of course inside people where they can dish up some truly nasty diseases.

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This'll just take a minute. If you want to shell a walnut, it helps to have a nutcracker. And if you want to digest seaweed, it helps to have the right enzymes. Now, a study in the jo

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This'll just take a minute. The Patriot Act and the Bioterrorism Preparedness Act were passed in 2001 and 2002. These laws in part cover research on pathogens and toxins thought to

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Conventional poultry farms use antibiotics extensively, which contributes to the rise of antibiotic-resistant pathogens. But farms that turn to organic

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(八)月

Next time you get your debit card out, you might want to use it to buy some hand wash. A study has found that nearly one in 10 bank cards contains faecal matter. Cash is little better with one in seven bank notes containing high levels of bacteria si

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

[00:01.51]Einstein had already become world- famous [00:04.21]when a young ex-lawyer, [00:06.06]returning from the First World War, [00:08.04]started work at the Mount Wilson Observatory [00:10.39]in California.Using the most high-powered [00:13.50]t

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(286) / 评论(0) 分类 北师大版高中英语模块7(选修)

1. Congressional leaders will head back to the White House tomorrow. They try to work out a deal to raise the debt ceiling and cut federal spending. President Obama says hell reject any short-term solution to the problem. 2. A massive dust storm swep

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(七月)

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Im Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember. On our program this week, we tell about the disease tuberculosis. Tuberculosis can be deadly if not treated the right way. It is a serous

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(四)月

Amd of course, you've just heard and you already know that we're running out of antibiotics. 当然,你一定听说过,而且你早就知道了,我们快要没有有效的抗生素了。 Bacteria are incredibly multi-drug-resistant right now, a

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

The reason that Vibrio fischeri is doing that comes from the biology. 费氏弧菌的发光现象来自生物学上的原因。 So again, another plug for the animals in the ocean, Vibrio fischeri lives in this squid. 接下来,我们再来看一个海

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇