New Treatment Found for Ebola Fever 埃博拉出血热的新疗法 From VOA Learning English, this is Science in the News. Im Bob Doughty. And Im Faith Lapidus. Today we tell about Ebola hemorrhagic fever and a promising treatment for the disease. We

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十)月

he people who, who work on the origin of life 今天研究地球生命来源的专家认为 on earth today seem to have come to the conclusion 海底的高热火山口 that the most likely place for life to have begun 是最可能开始出现生命的地

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 神秘的月球

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Its graduation season. And some scientists got to wondering whether the folks who shake hundreds of hands while passing out diplomas run the risk of coming

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

释义: go wrong 搞错 像 get 一样,go 也会在后面接形容词,表示变成什么样的意思。像食品过期(go bad)一样,表示从一个状态转变为另一个状态。go wrong 表示变差。 例句: I couldn't take calls. The

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 外国人日常短语

Hi, it's All in the Mind on RN. Today, why the gut has been dubbed our second brain. David Perlmutter: There are some absolutely avant-garde researchers who have finally made a huge leap and have decided to look for brain answers outside of the brain

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

In a bid to prove that showering is overrated, an American scientist hasnt had a bath in 12 years. Instead, he sprays his skin with a mist containing live bacteria, which he claims has kept him clean all these years! 为了证明洗澡是小题大做,

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

We now know that there are a lot of microbes living deep within the Earth, many of which have nothing at all to do with the organic world. 我们现在知道了,有大量微生物生活在地球内部的深处,其中许多与普通的有机世界毫

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

They have been found living in boiling mud pots and lakes of caustic soda, deep inside rocks, at the bottom of the sea, 我们还发现细菌生活在沸腾的泥潭里和烧碱池里,岩石深处,大海底部, in hidden pools of icy water in t

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Mitochondria manipulate oxygen in a way that liberates energy from foodstuffs. 线粒体支配着氧,释放食物中的能量。 Without this niftily facilitating trick, life on Earth today would be nothing more than a sludge of simple microbes. 没有

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

英文歌词 there's something I've got to say 我有一些想说的 you always with me even though you far away 我觉得你总是在我身旁,尽管你我很遥远 talking you on my cell 在我的电话里讲话 just the sound of yuor vioce 就像是你的声音 makes my heart melt,oh girl

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

释义: go wrong 搞错 像 get 一样,go 也会在后面接形容词,表示变成什么样的意思。像食品过期(go bad)一样,表示从一个状态转变为另一个状态。go wrong 表示变差。 例句: I couldn't take calls. The

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

But then if you think about it, the squid has this terrible problem 但是如果你再深入地想一下,这乌贼会有一个可怕的问题, because it's got this dying, thick culture of bacteria and it can't sustain that. 因为在它的体内,

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

And the final thing is, again just to reiterate that there's this practical part, 最后,只是再一次重申,这个研究的实际应用方面, and so we've made these anti-quorum sensing molecules that are being developed as new kinds of the

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

And what I would hope that I could further argue to you is that this is the invention of multicellularity. 我希望能进一步地说服你们的是,这就是多细胞生物的起源。 Bacteria have been on the Earth for billions of years; humans

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

To finish I'll just show you the strategy. 最后,我只跟你们说一下战略。 And this one I'm just using the interspecies molecule, but the logic is exactly the same. 在这里,我们只是使用跨菌种分子,但是思维逻辑是一模一

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

So we went back to molecular biology and started studying different bacteria, 所以我们回到分子生物学的方法,开始研究不同的细菌, and what we've found now is that in fact, bacteria are multilingual. 我们现在已经发现,事

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

We also then went to look at what are these molecules -- these were the red triangles on my slides before. 我们同时也研究了这些小分子,这些就是我刚才幻灯上的小红三角形。 And so this is the Vibrio fischeri molecule. This

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Why this is interesting is because in the past decade we have found that this is not just some anomaly of this ridiculous, 这个发现之所以有趣,是因为在过去十年间,我们发现这种现象不只局限在这种古怪的、 glow-in-t

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

What was actually interesting to us was not that the bacteria made light, but when the bacteria made light. 事实上,我们感兴趣的部分并不是细菌会不会发光,而是细菌何时发光。 What we noticed is when the bacteria were alo

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Withdrawing money from ATM machines is a common habit for most of us. However, cleanliness tests in Britain have revealed that cash machines are just as dirty as public toilets, and many of us are failing to wash our hands after using them. 从自动提

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening