Watever great achievements the future may have in store for China, it is likely that many of them will be born in northwestern beijing. Zhongguancun, in Beijing's Haidian District, is the new centre for Chinese science and technology. It is home to t

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语人教版第二册课本听力

Unit 5 silver n 银;银子 silver screen 银幕;电影(业) △Bicentennial Man 《变人》(电影名) △Jurassic Park 《侏罗纪公园》(电影名) △Mulan 《花木兰》(电影名) hero n 英雄;男主角;男主人公

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语人教版第一册课本听力

今天我们要学的词组是keep one's nose clean。 Nose是鼻子,clean的意思是干净。 Keep one's nose clean是个习惯用语。意思是行为检点,不作违法的事。 有位父亲嘱咐儿子不要吸毒,Keep your nose clean or y

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. Mr. Secretary, thank you for the kind introduction. General Moseley, General Regni; Mr. Congressman, thank you. Academy staff and faculty, distinguished guests, and proud family members. I am so pleased to stand before the f

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

Katharine Hepburn, 1907-2003: An Independent and Intelligent Actress She has been called the greatest American actress of all time. VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Scientists Test New Treatment for Injuries that Produce Arthritis American researchers are looking for new ways to reduce arthritis pain. Arthritis is known to affect older people. Over time, the joints of the body suffer damage and become inflamed.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

17 令人激动的奥斯卡颁奖晚会 DATE=3/19/2001 TITLE=THIS IS AMERICA #1056 - (1)Academy Awards BYLINE= Jerilyn Watson VOICE ONE: On March Twenty-Fifth, (2)actors, directors and other (3)filmma

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 文化聚焦

After actors and actresses win Oscars, television viewers typically look forward to their acceptance speeches, and this year they will be delivered by some of the more than 200 nominees who will attend the 88th Academy Awards ceremony at the Dolby Th

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. This week, in our series for students who want to study in the United States, we tell about the United States Military Academy at West Point. Cadet basic training West Point is a four-year school in

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(三)月

When was the last time you ate? You sure about this? Bon apptit. Thanks? What are friends for? I should probably point out that my best friend, Lissa Dragomir, is a royal member of an ancient race. And yeah, ________1___________, they live off blood.

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

And I'm sure there's some parents out there who can relate to what I'm talking about. 我相信 台下有一些家长他们能理解我的意思 Yeah. Hmm, everybody upstairs And there were other good reasons for me to show up. 没错 就是上排那些

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Academy Awards 学院奖 The ceremony of Academy Awards (frequently well known as the Oscars),which is considerate to be one of the most prominent award ceremonies in the world, is presented annually by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Scienc

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 走进耶鲁大学

By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: July 10, 2003 This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Education Report. About twenty-one-thousand young people in seventeen American states do not attend classes

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-教育与新闻

While people in first-tier cities are under more pressure, smaller cities may not be the ideal place to live either, according to the 2016 Annual Report on Social Mentality of China by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. 中国社会科学院近日

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Hollywood studios spend exorbitant sums of money promoting their Oscar-nominated films to voters of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. But exactly how much is spent, and where all that money goes, is something of an industry secret. 好莱

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

A new service has launched which promises to transform undomesticated grooms into perfect husbands-to-be, yours for only ?199. 一项新的服务项目横空出世,声称可以让从未染指家务的新郎,摇身一变成为完美的准老公,而

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

本期内容: British writer Kazuo Ishiguro has won the 2017 Nobel Prize for Literature. The novelist was praised by the Swedish Academy as a writer who, in novels of great emotional force, has uncovered the abyss beneath our illusory sense of conn

发表于:2019-02-10 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

The black-and-white film The Artist was the big winner at Sunday's 84th Annual Academy Awards -- the Oscars -- capturing best picture and major awards for its director and lead actor. Frenchman Jean Dujardin won the Oscar for Best Actor for his role

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(266) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

aberration 像差 absolute film 绝对电影 abstract film 抽象电影 academy aperture 影艺学院片门 academy awards 奥斯卡金像奖 academy leader 影艺学院导片 academy mask 影艺学院遮片 academy of motion picture arts & science 美国影艺学院(台)美国电影艺术和科

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Oprah Winfrey is internationally famous for hosting the most popular talk show on American television. Millions of TV viewers tune in worldwide every day to watch her. She has become a household name and is now one of the richest women in the world.

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人简介