Julie: Hi everyone, I’m Julie Moran. The count-down to the 73rd annual Academy Awards has started. So join us as we meet the stars, talk with Oscar 1)nominees, and catch the glamour with People Maga

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(147) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2001年

a 一个 每一个 abandon 抛弃 放弃 丢弃 ability 能力 能耐 本领 able 有能力的 出色的 aboard 在船上 上船 about 关于 在周围 above 在上面 高于 abroad 国外 到处 absence 缺席 不在场 缺乏 absent不在场的 缺乏

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语四级词汇拼读版

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Mary Lyon By Vivian Bournaian Broadcast: Sunday, January 25, 2004 (THEME) ANNCR: Welcome to People in America in VOA Special English. Every week at this time, we tell the story of

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

Hua Luogeng 数学巨匠华罗庚 Hua Luogeng was the first world-famous scholar returned from overseas upon the founding of the People's Republic of China. He fostered and educated many mathematicians of New China, his influence lasting several gene

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 走进剑桥大学

Chinese President Xi Jinping has issued a new call for a greater focus on scientific innovation, saying it should be the driving force for China's development. Xi Jinping's comments have been made during a stop at the Chinese Academy of Sciences. He

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Topics: American Movies-Toy Story; The United States Naval Academy; buddy versus chum versus pal; fee versus pay; Clean clams crammed in clean cans Words: animated perspective cowboy astronaut mission spaceship to escape commercial to be depressed fa

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Explanation: In 1952, a man became the president of the United States with a simple slogan (or phrase used in an election): I like Ike. Ike was a nickname (or a name that he liked to use), but his real name was Dwight David Eisenhower. He was one of

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神

巴勃罗毕加索,西班牙画家、雕塑家。是现代艺术的创始人,西方现代派绘画的主要代表。 Pablo Picasso (18811973) is probably one of historys most famous names. He was a Spanish painter and sculptor and perhaps the mos

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名人堂

玛利亚莎拉波娃(Maria Sharapova),1987年4月19日出生于俄罗斯西伯利亚汉特曼西自治区尼尔根。俄罗斯职业网球运动员。 2004年,莎拉波娃在温网决赛中横扫塞雷娜威廉姆斯,夺得职业生涯的首

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名人堂

(THEME) ANNOUNCER: Im Doug Johnson with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today we tell the story of a musician who led one of the most popular American bands during the nineteen thirties and forties. His name was Artie Shaw. Listen for a few

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

British BAFTA winner Thandie Newton The red carpet was rolled out in Londons Leicester Square on Sunday as stars from all over the world gathered for this years British Academy Film Awards. The British Academy of Film and Television Arts , or BAFTA

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

Unit 17 Trees Are Violet In 1874, fifty-five artists held the first independent group show of Impressionist art. Most of them, including Canne, Pissarro, Renoir, Degas, Monet, Manet and his sister-in-law Berthe Morisot a bunch of lunatics and a women

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 午后咖啡

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. It might seem hard to imagine that a bad tooth could be deadly. More than 41,000 students in the Philippines brushed their teeth at the same time last month to set a world record, organizers said. The r

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(三)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today we tell about Billy Wilder. He was the director of some of the greatest American movies. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Many experts say

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(三)月

Actors Criticize 'White' Oscars for Lack of Diversity The Academy Awards ceremony is Hollywoods biggest night of the year for actors and filmmakers. But this year, some are refusing to attend the ceremony. They are calling for a boycott. They are boy

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(240) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

AS IT IS 2016-05-21 US Scientists Say Genetically Engineered Foods Are Safe 美国科学家宣称转基因食品是安全的 American scientists announced this week that genetically engineered food is generally safe for humans and the environment. Th

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(五)月

China is set to open its own version of one of the world's celebrated football academies as part of President Xi Jinping's quest for footballing glory. 为响应习近平主席塑造足球辉煌的号召,中国将建设本国版本的世界著名足球

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Alright,we're back with my birthday show,and I missing Jimmy. 我们回来 这是我的生日秀 我找不到Jimmy And I don't know where he goes or what he's doing during break. 我也不知道他在休息的时候 去哪里了或者在做什么 But

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

This weekend, the Getty Center, one of the most famous museums in the U.S., will open a new exhibit years in the making. The Cave Temples of Dunhuang: Buddhist Art on Chinas Silk Road features incredible full-size replicas of ancient painted caves fo

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

美国习惯用语第857:见好就收(音频) quit while one's ahead 这么多年来我最喜欢的一家冰激凌店居然要关门了。我问经理是怎么回事,经理说本来公司经营得很好,结果拓展业务,增加商品,反倒失

发表于:2019-03-14 / 阅读(230) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语