THIS IS AMERICA By Shelley Gollust Broadcast: Monday, February 21, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to This is America in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein. Today,

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

The best restaurant in the world is Eleven Madison Park, a New York City spot famous for serving up multi-course meals in its upscale location on Madison Avenue. 全球最棒的餐厅非麦迪逊十一号餐厅莫属,该餐厅位于纽约的一个著

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语

[00:10.50]Long time,no see! [00:15.05]Barry!Hi,how are you?I havent seen you for ages. [00:23.51]Hello,Sharon.Long time,no see.I know.So howre you doing? [00:29.70]Im all right,thanks.And you? [00:33.46]Yeah,not too bad.So,whats you been up to since

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 创新英语教程第三册

1. The editor's job is _________________________________. A. True C. False 2. Candidates ______________________at least _________ experience. A. True C. False 3. Those interested in teaching English ___________________. A. True C. False 4. You might

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

By Brian Padden Irbil, Iraq 03 October 2006 watch Iraq Military Academy report Despite a growing insurgency and increasing sectarian violence in Iraq, President Bush has vowed stay the course until victory is achieved. A key to victory, the Presiden

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

MADRID, Sept. 28 (Xinhua) -- Spain chose film Tambien la Lluvia (Even the Rain) on Tuesday as the country's candidate(候选人) for an Oscar next year in the category(种类,分类) Best non-English Language Film.Tambien la Lluvia held off s

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Foreign Students Adapt to Rigors of US Naval Academy 美国海军学院的外国留学生 ANNAPOLIS, MARYLAND Throughout its long history, the U.S. Naval Academy has produced prominent leaders, like former President Jimmy Carter and Senator John McCa

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(四月)

英语学习笔记: Golden Globe Awards 金球奖 Grammy Awards 格莱美 Academy Awards(The Oscars) 奥斯卡 Best Actor 最佳男主角 Best Actress 最佳女主角 Best Original Song 最佳电影配乐 Presenter 颁奖人 acceptance speech 获奖感

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

JEFFREY BROWN:And now to another in our series on the nation's high school dropout crisis, told this time through a different lens. Good teachers can help keep kids in school, but how can schools hold on to their top teachers? Hari is back with a rep

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈教育系列

One of my fellow midshipmen at the U. S. Naval Academy was performing poorly in class and reported to his company officer for counseling., Your marks are deplorable! the officer scolded. Is there a problem-that has kept you from studies?No, sir, the

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 10 (Xinhua) -- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) has chosen a total of 104 scores from feature-length motion pictures to vie for nominations in the Original Score category of the 85th Academy Awards, it was ann

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(177) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

China's first commercial space industry base will be built in Wuhan, capital of Hubei province, according to an agreement signed on Sept 12. 根据9月12日签署的一份协议,湖北省省会城市武汉将建设我国首个商业航天产业基地

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

是一个学生画家的简历,擅长钢笔画,水墨画,水彩画,油画和丙烯画。成功创作了肖像,漫画和风景等作品。另外还擅长雕刻和珠宝设计。 PROFILE Award-winning Student Artist skilled in numerous media,

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

So you've come to a place and you need to introduce yourself. What are some tips? Well, let's talk about them more. I'm Hazely Lopez from Hazely Academy of Refinement and Modeling and I'm here to talk to you about how to introduce yourself. When you

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

XICHANG, May 27 (Xinhua) -- China successfully sent a telecommunication satellite, ChinaSat 2A, into orbit on Saturday evening, using a Long March-3B carrier rocket launched from the southwestern Xichang Satellite Launch Center. The rocket blasted of

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

He Wenping, Director of African Studies at the the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, speaking with CRI's Zheng Chengguang.

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

All right, we love this school and so do our friends at Target. 好了 我们喜欢这所学校 塔吉特百货也是 For years,Target has has committed giving a billion dollars towards education so far, 近些年 塔吉特一直致力于向教育事业

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

The Americas 美洲 Brazilian Letters: Bard of Belindia 巴西字符:Belindia诗人 An economist become immortal. 不朽的经济学家。 Brazilians who remember the hyper inflationary 1980s cheered the news on April 7th that prices rose by just 4

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Hollywood is gearing up for the 84th annual Academy Awards Sunday. The prestigious film honors, also known as the Oscars, acknowledge the best in movie making, and golden statuettes will go to actors and actresses and others behind the camera. The to

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, Feb.24 (Xinhuanet) -- The 84th annual academy awards are set to be handed out at the Kodak theatre in Los Angeles on Sunday night. Nine movies are up for best film but silent movie The Artist has cemented itself as firm favorite after cleani

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻