The captain of a small ship had to go along a rocky coast, but he was unfamiliar with it, so he tried to find a qualified pilot to guide him. He went ashore in one of the small ports, and a local fisherman pretended that he was a pilot because he nee

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方CET6阅读

After Driving Ban Ends, Saudi Women See New Job as Drivers Women drivers took to the streets of Saudi Arabia this week as a ban against them driving was lifted. Now a new job possibility has arisen for Saudi women: professional driver. Traditionally,

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

40 A Thrilling Ride Bill and Jane were coasting on a hill. Down the hill went the sled. Bill steered. Jane held on tightly. The coasters on the hill watched them. Past trees they whizzed. Jane yelled, Stop the sled! Stop the sled!?but Bill could not

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 背诵为王第一册

When the water of a large pond is properly conducted by trenches, it renders the fields around fertile; 当池塘里的水用沟渠进行适当的疏导,可以灌溉周围的田地; but when it bursts through its banks, it sweeps everything befor

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

1.California authorities are searching for a reality show contestant, they wanna question in connection with the murder of his ex-wife. Jasmine Fiore's nude body was found stuffed in a suitcase in a trash bin over the weekend. Police say Ryan Jenkin

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(八)月

必背句型: A:He was booked for driving on the wrong side of the road. 他被指控占道驾驶。 B:What did he face at last? 他最终面对的是什么? He was booked for killing his family. 他被指控杀了家人。 It is unbelievable that

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

嘉宾:Debbie Mason 话题:Woman and Parking女人开车行不行 单词拼写: 1、Receptive:able to accept or to learn善于接受的 2、Womb:子宫 3、Testosterone:男性激素睾丸素 重点俚语: 1、Like a duck to water:easily

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 聆听悦耳英音

Russell: Hi, mr. Fredricksen. It's me, Russell. Fredricksen: What are you doing out here, kid? Russell: I found the snipe and I followed it under your porch. But this snipe had a long tail and looked more like a large mouse. Please, let me in. Fredri

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

1. The Supreme Court rules a lower court was wrong to strike down New Hampshire abortion restrictions, but steers clear of a major abortion ruling. 2. Consumer prices rose by the largest rate in five

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

[全屏观看] 点击右键- 另存为 可保存这个Flash影片 游戏说明: 森林里发生了火灾,小动物们都被困在火灾里面,你要开着直升机把动物们全部给营救出来,键盘方向键控制驾驶方向,不要把直升

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单机游戏

1. Hurricane Bill is gaining strength in the Atlantic. It is now a Category 2 storm. It's expected to become a major hurricane packing winds over 110 miles per hour over the next couple of days. The hurricane will likely steer clear of Florida which

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(八)月

AS IT IS 2015-12-01 Driving Safer, Easier With New Electronics for Cars 新汽车科技令驾驶更安全更容易 Improvements in electronics for autos are making cars safer and smarter. Some new car models are fashionable. Others can go a long way

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

考研英语写作常见解说性句式 1) Sth.is like/asas/similar to/the same as/compared to/as if (though) (明喻) (e.g.In the eyes of book worms,books are compared to/like a magic blanket that carries them anywhere as they like.) 2)

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

文本: The spider-silk lure hangs below the kite, flitting across the water like an insect. Now he must steer the kite to where he thinks the fish are gathered. Somewhere, just beneath the surface, shoals of needlefish lie in wait.

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Todd: OK. Keri, can you drive? Kerri: Yes, I can. Todd: Do you have a driver's license? Kerri: I do. Todd: OK. So, how long have you had your driver's license? Kerri: I think I got it when I was 17 actually. Todd: OK. How do you get a driver's licens

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

When the people in Central Park learned that one of the toy sailboats was being steered by a mouse in a sailor suit, they all came running. 当在中央公园的人知道了其中的一艘玩具帆船是由一名穿水手服的老鼠驾驶的,便都跑

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 精灵鼠小弟

今天我们要学的词是flunk。 Flunk, 不及格。 He flunked the physics exam and had to attend summer school, 他物理考试不及格,夏天必需去补习。 65 % of the 400 Malaysian driving instructors flunked a surprise driving theory e

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Former James Bond stuntman Ken Wallis, MBE, wants to set a new mark of 140 mph over 3 kilometers in his amazing hand-built machine。 曾在007系列电影中担任詹姆斯-邦德替身、帝国勋章获得者、现年94岁的二战老兵肯恩-沃利

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

《Moves Like Jagger》是由美国流行摇滚乐队魔力红Maroon 5和流行天后Christina Aguilera强强联手的最新单曲。这首歌被他们在NBC电视台热门选秀节目《美国之声》第九集直播现场合唱后,在25日的全美

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文特辑精选

Asia: Driving in Vietnam: Four wheels good, two wheels better 亚洲:驾驶在越南:四个轮子不错,两个轮子更好 A proliferation of cars threatens to clog the countrys big cities. 激增的汽车即将塞满了越南的大城市。 Ca

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列