offend v.使...恼火;冒犯, 触犯 Don't be offended I am just fooling around. ;别恼火,我只是在开玩笑. People who are too straightforward in speech easily offend others. ;说话太直率的人 很容易冒犯他人. impress vt.给人留下印

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 淘金式英语词汇四六级

THE LEAP-FROG A Flea, a Grasshopper, and a Leap-frog once wanted to see which could jump highest; and they invited the whole world, and everybody else besides who chose to come to see the festival. Three famous jumpers were they, as everyone would s

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 安徒生童话

Everything is awesome Everything is cool when shit you're pants as a team Everything is awesome, when we're living our dream Everything is better when we stick together Side by side, you and I gonna win forever, let's party forever We're the same, I'

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

电影词典 view finder 取景器 美国俚语 Okey Dokey (同意)好的 e.g.1I'm going to start the movie now. Okey Dokey! I'm coming. 我现在要开始放电影了。 好的,我来了。 2Jennifer's coming over for dinner. Okey Dokey! I'll

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 听动感英语学口语

9. Did you sleep well last night? 你昨晚睡得好吗? 还能这样说: How did you sleep last night? Did you get a good sleep last night? 应用解析: be wrapped in the night of ignorance 处于愚昧无知状态; Arabian nights 天方夜谭

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

A: Do you know where I can find old music boxes? B:You could try shopping at a flea market. A: What's that? I never heard of such a thing. B: A flea market is an outdoor place where people sell all kinds of used stuff. A: Where can I find one? B: Wel

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 购物-Shopping

Apartment Manager: This is the one-bedroom apartment we have for rent. Let me show you around. Sherin: Wait! Did you see that? It looked like a mouse or a rat. Apartment Manager: There arent any rodents or any other vermin in this apartment complex.

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Magda: Oooh, hes so cute. When did you get him? Tony: Yesterday. Im training him to do tricks. Magda: Really? Are you having any luck? Tony: No, not yet. So far, he just lies there, but maybe hes hungry and doesnt have any energy to play. Im going to

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Part 1 The History of Flea Market 跳蚤市场的起源 flea market, 字面翻译过来就是跳蚤市场,可是为什么经营旧货的街头 市场被称为跳蚤场呢?这个名字是怎么来的呢? 有关flea market的来源,有两种:一种是 flea market 最初来源于纽约的Fly Market,Fly Market是纽

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 CRI实用英语课堂

flea market to clam up 科学家们说,世界上有许多昆虫对人类是有益的,但是也有好多小虫子使人感到讨厌,特别是跳蚤,它虽小,但是咬起人来很利害,而且

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Anyway, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, and the way I ended up on this path was from a very tragic event. I was maybe 19, and my girlfriend at the time was killed in a car accident. And I passed the accident, and I didn't know it was

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

A recent headline on the Web site theverge.com got a lot of attention on social media. Because each new phrase seemed to take the message in an unexpected direction. The headline read: U.S. government plans to use drones to fire vaccine-laced MMs nea

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年Scientific American(八)月

Getting Rid of Bugs and Rodents Apartment Manager: This is the one-bedroom apartment we have for rent. Let me show you around. Sherin: Wait! Did you see that? It looked like a mouse or a rat. Apartment Manager: There arent any rodents or any other ve

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之日常生活

A sprinkling of cheese mites. And meat specially tenderized by two mating house flies. But a bug in rich dinner is only the start of the evening's entertainment. There are cannibals in the cushions. Preliterate dust mites look for a more varied diet

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2013年

Grain weevils are master safe crackers. Their battering ram shape snouts puncture most packaging. Like all insects, they don't have lungs but pump air through tiny pores on their outer skin. They don't like strong light, so layers of cereal couldn't

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2013年

1. Former Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords has come face-to-face with the man who shot her. Jared Loughner has been sentenced to life in prison for the shooting that left six people dead at a Tucson shopping center. 2. It's still not over in

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(十一月)

No, the king had died at table, others said, but only because Varys the Spider poisoned him. 还有人说,不对,国王虽是死在餐桌上,却是因为八爪蜘蛛瓦里斯给他下了毒。 No, it had been the queen who poisoned him. 不对,

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

Those who were allowed to leave left by the King's Gate or the Iron Gate, 获准离开的人走的是国王门和钢铁门, but Lannister men-at-arms in crimson cloaks and lion-crested helms manned the guard posts there. 但这两道门由身穿鲜红

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》

There were four of them, Catelyn saw. An old man in the black of the Night's Watch, two servants and him, standing there small and bold as life. 凯特琳看到他们一行四人:一个穿着守夜人黑衫的老头,两个仆从还有他,小个子

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》