Paris intrigues, astonishes, provokes, overwhelms... and gets under your skin. The City of Light is the apex of architectural beauty, artistic expression, and culinary delight. As drop-dead arrogant as the Arc de Triomphe, as disarmingly quaint as a

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

Many English seaside towns seem as if they are stuck in a time warp, in an era when families and caravans full of factory workers would converge on the shore for fun and frolics. 英国许多海滨小镇仿佛被卡在时间隧道里了,至今仍然停

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

St. Petersburg, the very name brings to mind some of Russia's greastest poets, writers and composers: Pushkin, Dostoevsky, Tchaikovsky. The 19th century was a golden age for St. Petersburg's wealthy classes. It was a world of ballets and balls, of ar

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

摘要:Google 被公认为是全球规模最大的搜索引擎,它提供了简单易用的免费服务,用户可以在瞬间得到相关的搜索结果。 英语听力原文: Microsoft has fought legal battles with officials in Europe and the

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

摘要:美国的医疗费用最近几年一直在大幅度攀升。高额的医疗账单为普通美国家庭带来了沉重的负担。本文原载于《今日美国》,文章由一名来自新罕布什尔的初级保健医生撰写。文章的逻

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

摘要:可能并不是很多人都关心国家的刑事公正体系,然而作者就很不一样,他不仅关心国家的立法,而且有一些自己的想法和建议。 英语听力原文: I'm interested in the criminal justice system of o

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

摘要:本篇短文讲述的是环境运动勇士Wilma Subra 的事迹,一直以环保为己任的她每年要在全美及世界各地进行100多场演讲。 英语听力原文: Wilma Subra had no intention of becoming a public speaker. After

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

摘要:日常生活中,我们见到或听说某人会几国语言的话,自然而然就会觉得此人很厉害,会觉得这样的人比较聪明。那么,事实到底是怎样的呢?本文给了一个科学的答案。 英语听力原文:

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

摘要:据世界癌症研究基金会(WCRF)的一项新研究发现,近一半女性因为其超大腰围而导致癌症危险大增。研究人员表示,腰围过大还会增加罹患糖尿病和心脏病的危险。 英语听力原文: G

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

摘要:本文介绍了日本新时代女性的语言特点,并且简要分析了其中的原因。同为儒家文化圈,发生在日本女性身上的变化也很值得中国人的关注。 英语听力原文: The use of deferential(敬重的

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

摘要:新技术一般都会先在文化教育领域得到应用。几年前,美国密苏里州议会就已经投票通过一项建立虚拟学校的议案,这意味着那些恋家和不喜欢去学校校的孩子们也能通过网络完成学业

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

Be sure to make reservations if the restaurant you chose is a fancy or popular one. It's very embarrassing to show up without reservations and having to wait for a table, leaving a very bad impression on your date. Also, be sure to check to see if th

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

Seven years ago, when I was visting Germany, I met with a n official who explained to me that the country had a perfect solution to its economic problems. Watching the U.S. economy soar during the '90s, the Germans had decided that they, too, needed

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

Vistiors to Britain may find the best place to sample local culture is in a traditional pub. But these friendly hostelries can be minefields of potential gaffes for the uninitiated. 去英国的游客会发现传统英国酒吧是最能领略当地文化

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

Some people would say that the Englishman's home is no longer his castle; that it has become his workshop. This is partly because the average Englishman is keen on working with his hands and partly because he feels, for one reason or another, that he

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

Japan's nuclear crisis may mean greater demand for imported food and less competition from Japanese products on world markets. But it also means that Japanese farmers and others who make and sell food have to worry about their future. 日本陷入了核

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

Throughout this long, tense election, everyone has focused on the presidential candidates and how they'll change America. Rightly so. But selfishly, I'm more fascinated by Michelle Obama and what she might be able to do, not just for this country, bu

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

英语听力原文: Nowadays, fewer Americans think the American Dream is still achievable, but many have redefined what that dream means. 现如今,认为美国梦仍是可实现的美国人越来越少,但是很多人给美国梦重新下了定

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

摘要:本篇短文介绍了谷歌公司从一个小修理厂变为全球最大的搜索引擎公司的成长历程。相信和读完本文,除了增长知识之外,文章清晰的条理步步推进的层次感将会给你的写作带来很大的

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力小短文走遍全世界

Here we go 开始喽! We can go all around the world 我们可以走遍全世界 We'll visit every corner of this earth 我们会拜访这世界每个角落 We'll go all around the world 我们会走遍全世界 You and I, we'll visit everywhere 你和

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美人文风情