CHAPTER 16 Aunt Janes Surprise At supper, Aunt Jane said to everyone, I have something special to tell all of you. She stopped and smiled at Andrew Bean, then went on, Andy and I are no longer young, but we are going to be married. We are not going t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 7 小木屋之谜 The Woodshed Mystery

CHAPTER 12 The Secret Is Out The next day was beautiful. The storm had gone. Everyone got up early and went downstairs to see how Larry was. Dr. Phillips came early, too. Mr. and Mrs. Cook were still there, sitting by the bed. How is the boy? asked M

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 8 灯塔之谜 The Lighthouse Mystery

CHAPTER 14 Home As the two boats went through Blue Bay, Captain Brown took a picture of the beach. He said, That will show the fireplace and the two houses. And now I am ready to make any plans you want to, Mr. Alden. Well, first, maybe Peters parent

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 6 蓝色海湾之谜 Blue Bay Mystery

CHAPTER 12 Eight in the Family Grandfather was thinking. He said, Benny, you must not think that Peters mother is your teacher, just because she had the same name. There are many people named Horn. Lars said, What happened to Mr. Anderson? I dont kno

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 6 蓝色海湾之谜 Blue Bay Mystery

CHAPTER 10 Trapped One day Henry said suddenly, I dont want a nap today. I dont either! shouted Benny and Mike at the same time. Lets walk over into the woods. It is cool enough there. Mr. Alden laughed. He said, I want a nap just the same. Lars was

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 6 蓝色海湾之谜 Blue Bay Mystery

CHAPTER 8 Cooking and Swimming Lars was making the stew now. In the new kettle were the four pieces of fish, spring water, onions and salt. They all lifted the kettle over the fire. The children watched as it began to boil. Violet shook up some dry m

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 6 蓝色海湾之谜 Blue Bay Mystery

CHAPTER 7 Baked Beans and Chowder Henry went to the store to get the paper. He nearly bumped into the Cook boy coming out. The angry look on his face kept Henry from even trying to say hello. Whats up now? Henry wondered. Then he forgot about the boy

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 8 灯塔之谜 The Lighthouse Mystery

What are you talking about? Jessie asked. Winifred glared at them. I left a bowl of apples here yesterday. Id just bought them so I could paint a still life today. Now theyre gone! You think we took your apples? said Henry. Why would we do that? I do

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 77 The Mystery of the Wild Pon

After the sun went down, the Aldens turned on their flashlights. The beams cast shadows everywhere. At least we dont have to tiptoe around, Henry said as he and his brother and sisters explored the old house. The children stayed close together so the

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 91 The Mystery at Skeleton Poi

The red pickup truck was just where they had left it. But now it was tilted to one side, like a sinking ship. Look, said Henry. Both tires on one side are flat. Great! fumed Maris. This is just great! Itll be okay, said Jessie. We can fix the tires.

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 86 The Mystery on Blizzard Mou

When the children arrived home, Henry pulled an envelope out of the mailbox. Hmmm, he said, bewildered, this is funny. Its addressed: To the Aldens We got a letter, Benny cheered. May I open it? Sure, Henry said, handing it over. Benny tore it open.

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 25 The Amusement Park Mystery

Toms bed-and-breakfast, which also happened to be the house in which he lived, was very large and very old. It sat on a sunny, tree-lined street a few blocks from the beach. A painted sign near the sidewalk said, THE SEA BREEZE MANOR, ESTABLISHED 191

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 70 The Mystery of the Pirate's

Mrs. McGregor was making a list for the Alden children to take to the grocery store. Anything else? she asked. Cereal! cried Benny Alden. You didnt forget the Silver Frosted Stars, did you? Mrs. McGregor looked at the grocery list. No, I didnt, Benny

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 65 The Cereal Box Mystery

The children were lonesome after the wedding. They longed so much for Joe and Alice. But just then the mystery of the little yellow house began. Supper was over. Warm air was blowing through the open windows, and birds were singing their evening song

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 3 黄色小屋的秘密 The Yellow House Mys

Now, tell us, Grandfather, cried Henry. We ran all the way home from school. Tell us! shouted Benny, throwing himself down on the grass beside the dog. School is out for the whole summer, and Watch wants to know. Violet and I want to know, too, said

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2 Surprise Island 奇异岛

After hanging their jackets on the coat tree by the door, the Aldens struggled out of their boots and went looking for Mrs. McGregor. They found her in the living room. She was sitting in the green satin chair by the window. At her feet was a wicker

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 79 The Mystery at the Crooked

Jack and Annie crouched in the tall grass. Therewas a big lion, three lionesses, and a bunch of cubs. I think they're sleeping, whispered Annie. Yeah, said Jack. But for how long?He pulled the Africa book from his pack and openedit. He found a pictur

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Now only the moon shone on the snow. Jack looked around for the polar bear. She was gone. Where'd she go? asked Annie. I don't know, said Jack. He looked over thetundra. There was no sign of the giant bear or hercubs. Maybe she's not interested in sc

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Warm air washed over Jack. It felt wonderful. You have succeeded in your quest, said a soft,soothing voice. Are you glad to be home?Jack opened his eyes. Morgan le Pay stood in themoonlight. Yes, he said. We solved all our riddles, said Annie. Indeed

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

Jack opened his eyes. A thin gray light came through his window. Hisclock read 5 A.M. All was quiet. Today we're going to ancient Ireland, he thought,back more than a thousand years. Morgan le Fay had told him that it was a verydangerous time, with V

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》