The children lay awake in their bunks. One hour passed. And another. But sleep would not come. Henrys back was sore from digging the fence posts. His face and arms stung from the locust branch scratches. Violet thought about the woman whose horse, Bu

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 114 A Horse Named Dragon

Benny was pointing to the mermaid in the fountain. Alice is holding a mirror! Violet caught her breath. And shes made out of stone! Thats it! Benny almost shouted. The code word is Alice. Youre a genius! Jessie said proudly. I guess I am kind of smar

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 115 The Great Detective Race

The Aldens finished watering the plants and turned off their hoses. Mrs. Shea carried a pitcher of lemonade out to the garden. The children joined her and the twins in the shade of a large oak tree. Henry leaned back on his elbows and looked at their

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 117 Mystery of the Traveling T

Henry raced Lightning across the ranch. He rode and rode until he saw the huge branch that had crushed the wire fence. Whoa, boy, he said, pulling back on the reins. Henry climbed down and tied Lightning to a tree, then went to take a look. The heavy

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 114 A Horse Named Dragon

We must be ready at ten oclock, said Jessie the next morning. Grandfather told Captain Daniel to meet him with the boat at ten oclock and he is always on time. We must certainly show him the museum, said Henry. I know he will be interested in the Ind

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2 Surprise Island 奇异岛

After supper, a few days later, the children sat resting in the doorway of the barn. Listen! said Violet suddenly. Since Violet never said anything suddenly, everyone looked at her in surprise and listened. Then they heard the sound of a violin. Who

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2 Surprise Island 奇异岛

VIIA Big Meal from Little Onions THE NEXT MORNING Jessie and Henry talked about the queer noise. They did not tell Violet and Benny. What do you think it was? asked Jessie. Do you think it was a rabbit? I dont know, said Henry. But I think someone wa

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 1 棚车少年 The Boxcar Children

Oh, no you dont, said Henry. He caught Nans shirt. She yanked and twisted, but it was too late. Benny grabbed one leg and the others surrounded her. Gasping and red-faced, she stopped. I didnt do anything, she said. I was just checking on my bike. Wi

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 76 The Great Bicycle Race Myst

XIIJames Henry and Henry James DR. MOORE WENT to get his mother. Mother, he said, this is Mr. James Henry Alden. He wants to take his grandchildren to live with him, Im afraid they wont want to go with you, said Mrs. Moore, until they learn to like y

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 1 棚车少年 The Boxcar Children

CHAPTER 13 The Party Mr. Carter had said, It wont be long now. But it was longer than he thought. Nobody saw the man. Benny and Mike were always watching, but they never saw him. There seemed to be no stranger in town. The pie business was doing well

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 5 迈克的谜案 Mike's Mystery

CHAPTER 15 Letter from Long Ago Maggie did not have eggs for lunch. She had a good meal for a strong man. She had cold meat and a hot dish of macaroni and cheese. Andy ate as if he were half starved. Ive had cold food for a long time, he said. Even r

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 7 小木屋之谜 The Woodshed Mystery

Mr. Carter spoke, I think your grandfather will be glad to help. I can go to Greenfield and tell him the whole story. He looked at his watch and got up quickly. Good-by, children, and the best of luck. In one minute he was gone. Benny said, Mystery m

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 4 神秘农场 Mystery Ranch

Now that the children were together, they were very happy. Aunt Jane seemed to be getting more cheerful every day. One morning Jessie heard her aunt call her. I want to see all four of you children, Aunt Jane told Jessie. Get the others in here befor

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 4 神秘农场 Mystery Ranch

CHAPTER 11 Peter Back at the cave, Mike was saying, You can have another turn, Ben. Im coming down. But of course Benny did not answer. He was not there. Goodness! cried Jessie. Where is Benny? They began to call, Benny! Benny! They all listened. I h

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 6 蓝色海湾之谜 Blue Bay Mystery

The family had not gone very far when suddenly Joe stopped the car by the side of the road. Whats the matter? asked Henry. Bills getting too tired, answered Joe quietly. This is all too much of a change for him. Im going to fix a bed on the back seat

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 3 黄色小屋的秘密 The Yellow House Mys

The family sat down on the steps the next morning after breakfast. I want to go home, said Benny suddenly. We all want to go home, said Henry. But how can we? We cant take Bill in a canoe. Four people are too many. Well have to get to Mr. Longs store

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 3 黄色小屋的秘密 The Yellow House Mys

The next day the children were up early. They had breakfast. They made their beds. We ought to go down to see Rita the first thing we do, said Violet. We were not very polite to her yesterday. All we could think of was Benny. Very well, said Alice la

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 3 黄色小屋的秘密 The Yellow House Mys

It was true. Benny was not there. Oh, what has happened to Benny? said Jessie, beginning to cry. Now, dont lets get upset, said Joes strong voice. I think I know what has happened. Benny has gone off by himself to find the hermit. He hasnt been gone

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 3 黄色小屋的秘密 The Yellow House Mys

Its better to lose the food than the tents, isnt it, Joe? asked Jessie. It certainly is, answered Joe, feeding the fire. We will get along all right for one night. This rain will stop as suddenly as it began. I think by tomorrow morning we can get ba

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 3 黄色小屋的秘密 The Yellow House Mys

CHAPTER 12 Too Much Excitement Oh, tell us what you see! begged Jessie. Cant we come down, too? I wouldnt, Jessie, said Henry looking up. Its so dirty. Well look very carefully and tell you everything. Benny had crawled through the little door with t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 7 小木屋之谜 The Woodshed Mystery