Lesson 4 The Accused Words: accusation n. 谴责,控告 accuse vt. 指责,归咎 accustomed adj. 习惯了的 achieve vt. 完成,实现;赢得 achievement n. 成就,功绩 acid n. 酸 adj. 尖酸的,刻薄的 acquaintance n. 熟人 acquire

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

访谈录,In the movies, the business world tends to be portrayed as

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2015年

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Thats more than a folksy aphorism when it comes to infectious diseases. Because according to a report in the Proceedings of the Royal Society, its more cost effective to reduce the cases of a disease i

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: our guest is James Geary, author of a new book called Geary's Guide to the World's Great Aphorists. RS: It's his second book on aphorisms. He calls these sayings the shortest lite

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Russian spy Anna Chapman posed in the Russian version of Maxim magazine in the most provocative(性感的) photographs yet to appear of the secret agent who was deported from(驱逐 ) the United States in July. A photograph on www.maximonline

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

And how much should they cost to buy? 要买的话多少钱 this particular award is 4000 dollars. 这个奖是4000美元 Wow,I will sell you one of mine for 2500. 我卖你一个我的吧 只要2500美元 Think about it. 考虑考虑 And you've got

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

My motto is if you wanna win the lottery, you have to make the money to buy a ticket. 语音讲解: 单词发音 motto /ˈmɒtəʊ ˈmɑːtoʊ/ lottery /ˈlɒtəri ˈlɑː-/ ticket /ˈtɪkɪt/ 连词发音 motto is /ˈmɒtəʊwɪz/ make the money /

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

Hello. I'm Macintosh. It sure is great to get out of that bag, it began. 你好,我是麦金塔。从包包里面出来的感觉真好。它致以开场白。 The only thing it didn't seem to know how to do was to wait for the wild cheering and shr

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Discipline, comrades, iron discipline! That is the watchword for today. 纪律,同志们,铁的纪律!这是我们今天的口号。 One false step, and our enemies would be upon us. 一步走错,我们的仇敌便会来颠覆我们。 Surely

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 动物农场 Animal Farm

Boxer could not get beyond the letter D. 鲍克瑟只能学到字母D。 He would trace out A, B, C, D, in the dust with his great hoof, and then would stand staring at the letters with his ears back, 他会用硕大的蹄子在尘土上摹写出A、

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 动物农场 Animal Farm

They say friends are forever, but as it turns out, that old adage is actually not quite true. 人们都说友谊地久天长,科学家却证明,这条老格言未必十分可信。 More than two thirds of Americans say they have lost at least 90

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1. Just do it. 跟着感觉走。(耐克运动鞋) 2. Ask for more. 渴望无限。(百事流行鞋) 3. Obey your thirst. 服从你的渴望。(雪碧) 4. Feel the new space. 感受新境界。(三星电子) 5. Focus on life. 瞄准生活。(奥林巴斯

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

BERLIN, May 18 (Xinhua) -- Hamburg forward Eric Maxim Choupo Moting was transferred to Mainz on a three-year contract, the club confirmed on Wednesday. Back in the winter transfer period, Choupo-Moting, 22, wanted to depart from Hamburg before a faul

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Professor Stephen Hawking's revealed how he has always tried to 'lead as full a life as possible,' in response to a plea for inspiring message. 在受邀分享一些励志金句时,斯蒂芬霍金教授表示,他总是尽己所能,过充实的生

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

《乔布斯传》自问世以来受到了全世界人民的关注,对此恒星英语推出《乔布斯传》翻译笔记系列,让我们在翻译学习中回顾乔帮主的伟大一生。第六章中,马克库拉开始对苹果产品进行市场

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: our guest is James Geary, author of a new book called Geary's Guide to the World's Great Aphorists.RS: It's his second book on aphorisms. He calls these sayings the shortest liter

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: we continue our conversation with James Geary about his new book, Geary's Guide to the World's Great Aphorists.An aphorism is a philosophical saying whose author is known. Two yea

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

本期内容: look before you leap 三思而后行 我们首先来学习一个新单词 leapL-E-A-P 跳跃,跃过 看清楚了再跳跃,比喻先思考,后行动 三思而后行,还有一种表达方式是:firstthink, then act. look befor

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

fan-crapping-tastic,亦作fancrappintastic,其实意思就是fantastic,解释翻译成中文就是太好了,太棒了(a fun way of saying fantastic) 例句: That movie was fan-crapping-tastic. 那部电影太好看了。

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

1、 词根、词缀记忆法 这是最基本也最有效的记忆方法,必须要掌握。举GRE中最臭名昭著的一个单词为例:arteriosclerosis。这个词让无数人口喷鲜血,但了解了词根,无非是arterio+sclero+sis,即动

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语