1.magazine n.1.杂志,期刊 2.军火库,弹药库 a.期刊的,期刊有关的magn,maj,max来自拉丁文magus=great; major=greater; maximus=greatest。 2.Magnate n.大资本家,巨头,富豪,大亨,大王 3.magic n.1.魔法,魔术

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

What do you mean? 你什么意思?接下来讲解。 例句: 1. Iris:What do you mean by that? 艾瑞丝:你那样说是什么意思? 2. What do you mean by saying so? 你这么说什么意思? 3.What do you mean we have no more milk. I jus

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

一、生死状态 1.No man is born wise. 没有人生而知之。 2. He was borne by Mrs. Gadabout. 他为加达保特夫人所生。(接by引导的短语时,用borne这一形式) 3. Juliana is expecting about next January. 朱莉安娜明年一月生

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

So Jobs and Wozniak were invited to have a meeting with, as his impish business cards read, Regis McKenna, himself. 于是乔布斯和沃兹尼亚克获邀去拜访 麦肯纳,本人--他的名片上就是这么写的。 This time it was the normall

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

For all of his obnoxious behavior, Jobs also had the ability to instill in his team an esprit de corps. 乔布斯虽然有很多让人讨厌的行为,但他也能给自己的队伍注入团队精神。 After tearing people down, he would find ways

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

每期节目一话题,让英语磨练耳朵的同时学到更多有益的小知识,丰富知识的同时受益于生活。 Have a happy life 成功 Believe In Yourself 相信自己 可可电台 If you don't believe in yourself, how do you expect

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

End of this Sunday catch up now with Jewel, hear the music with the country star is combining her passions motherhood and music with a new childrens book and CD called Thats What Id Do and Jewel makes special contribute. Ken Maxim traveled with Jewel

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

A bear,with which a piedmontese earned his living,was trying out on two feet a dance which he had not learned very well.Wishing to act like a man,he said to a monkey,How is it?The monkey,who was a connoisseur,answered,Very bad. I

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

Whether you are young or young at heart, it is never too late to change or incorporate some new (and better) practices into your daily life. Here are 10 wise lessons that I wish I knew when I was younger: 不管你是真的风华正茂,或是心态年

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1. Never waste water. 永远都不要浪费水。 2. Listen to good music, especially jazz.听好音乐,特别是爵士乐。 3. Admire people who are not only good at what they do, but who love doing it. 尊敬那些不仅擅长做某项事,而且

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

They are the words you want to print out and tape up on your wall so youll see them every day. More importantly, theyre not always about business and the hustle, as they can simply be about compassion, friendship, or happiness. There is no singular o

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Look here, if everyone acted like you, the world couldn't go on. 你听我说,如果每个人都照你这样,地球就运转不下去了。 That's a damned silly thing to say. Everyone doesn't want to act like me. 你说这样的话实在是太蠢了

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 月亮和六便士

1、词根、词缀记忆法 这是最基本也最有效的记忆方法,必须要掌握。举GRE中最臭名昭著的一个单词为例:arteriosclerosis。这个词让无数人口喷鲜血,但了解了词根,无非是arterio+sclero+sis,即动

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: our guest is James Geary, author of a new book called Geary's Guide to the World's Great Aphorists.RS: It's his second book on aphorisms. He calls these sayings the shortest liter

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Now I can divide my spoken-word journey into three steps. Step one was the moment I said, I can. I can do this. 现在我可以把我口语诗经历分为三阶段。第一阶段那时我会说,我能,我能做到这个。 And that was thanks to

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Jon Rubinstein, who was in charge of hardware, adapted the microprocessor and guts of the PowerMac G3, 负责硬件的部门主管乔恩鲁宾斯坦,决定采用PowerMac G3的微处理器和内核, Apple's high-end professional computer, for use

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

So I've been thinking about the difference between the rsum virtues and the eulogy virtues. The rsum virtues are the ones you put on your rsum, which are the skills you bring to the marketplace. The eulogy virtues are the ones that get mentioned in t

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Jerry. Jerry, you ok? You look a little peaked, man. 杰瑞。杰瑞,你没事吧,看上去有点虚啊 I'm fine. It's, uh, Mrs. Hill wants us to move the Sherwood into the vault. 没事,希尔女士要我们把狮龙转移到地下室 Now? It'

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

第三个分支:乱说!这只适合背两万二到三万的词。因为其他的词不用说就已经背下来了。而这个等级的词在阅读材料里非常少,可能阅读十篇文章却一个这个等级的词也没有。所以靠阅读来增

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

Health studies from the region are conflicting and fraught. 针对那个地区做的健康研究都很矛盾又漏洞百出。 The World Health Organization puts the number of Chernobyl-related deaths at 4,000, eventually. 世界卫生组织估计与切

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇