美国英语:一.本课要点及示例 在这一课里, 我们要学习的是助动词 should, s-h-o-u-l-d, should 跟 must,m-u-s-t, must 的用法. 我们也要看看这两个助动词的否定式 should not也就是 shouldn't 和 must not 也就是 mustn't 在意

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(445) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA中级美国英语

Still Looking for Pastor Brunson's Release American Pastor Andrew Brunson, wrongfully incarcerated in Turkey, was moved from Buca Prison to house arrest recently. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said, While this move is a positive development, it is n

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(八月)

US Tariffs Raise Fears of Trade War with American Allies The United States says it will require tariffs on steel and aluminum imports from Europe, Mexico and Canada. 美国表示将对从欧洲、墨西哥和加拿大进口的钢铁和铝材征收关税

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

The first steps are being taken to establish a Space Force as the sixth branch of the American armed forces. The ultimate objective, said Vice President Mike Pence in a recent speech at the Pentagon, is to create a new branch of our military that is

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(八月)

Janet pulled the page from her typewriter and looked nervously at her wristwatch. It was almost time. From the inner office came sounds of her boss preparing to leave. The sounds of doors opening and closing. These sounds were well-known to her after

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美国故事

Salina Joe Hustle was born in a cabin that had two rooms, one small window and a dirt floor. Her parents, Shog and Marty Hustle built the little house in one day with the help of their families and friends. Salina Joe began to talk when she was one-y

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美国故事

When my great grandma Anna came to America. She wore the same thick coat and big boots she had worn when she worked on her family's farm. But her family did not farm anymore. In New York City her father carried things on a wagon. The rest of the fami

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美国故事

I arrived in America one sunny morning. But I did not feel I was here yet. Flying on an airplane from Lagos, Nigeria to New York City, to Los Angeles, California did not carry my mind with me right away. I had to catch up with my body. The United Sta

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美国故事

Jane got up from under her warm bedcovers and faced the cold of her room. It was another New Year's Day. In the bathroom she looked at herself in the mirror. Nothing had changed except the lines around her eyes and mouth looked deeper. Jane was 49 ye

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 美国故事

I had the somewhat unrealistic idea that I would find interesting stories at every crossroads throughout the American countryside. So the cameraman, soundman and I started out with great hope from New York City. For a few rainy days, we drove through

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国故事

Our story today is called The Sharks Were Hungry. It was written by Dorothy Cottrell. Here is Shep O'Neal with the story. Dr John Perry decided it was time to go home. It had been a perfect day, a day alone, the first such day in many years. He had f

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 美国故事

美国很多居民小区都设有小区委员会,别看编制不大,权力可不小。我有个朋友Amy,她家的小区委员会管得就特别宽,从各家各户房子的颜色到院子护栏的风格,都要经过审查。Amy最近想架个

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

The snow kept coming down, quietly, ghostlike, covering the land deeper and deeper. It seemed as if it would go on forever. It was the first snowfall of the year. Billy looked through the kitchen window. He felt like diving into the snow and burying

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 美国故事

John Lyman stood on the steps of the summer house, watching his wife climbing into the car and drive off along the lake road. She was going to the village to get some boxes for his manuscripts and books. He looked unhappy, he had done little work on

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 美国故事

The United States is slated to become the world's largest oil producer by the year 2023, according to the International Energy Association, or IEA. The rising demand for oil, said IEA Executive Director Fatih Birol, has unleashed a wave of growth fro

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(三月)

The alliance between Israel and the United States has never been stronger, said Vice President Mike Pence in a speech before the Israeli Knesset. 以色列与美国之间的联盟关系达到了史上最强劲的时期,副总统彭斯在以色列议会

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(二月)

图片1 图片2 图片3

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 加州英语分级G1

这是2012年美国国务卿克林顿联合国可持续发展大会讲话,童鞋们一起听听力学英语吧~

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲视频

Do you have an appointment? Do you have a reservation? Whats the difference between these and when do we use them?

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Analyst: World Watches US Crisis With Bewilderment 专家分析:世界困惑地注视着美国的危机 As the U.S. government budget crisis enters a second week, there are concerns that the rivalry between Democrats and Republicans in Congress may

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十月)