As soon as she feels it is safe, she settles to suckle and reassure them. Bison can shrug off this sudden change in the weather; they are after all built to survive the Yellowstone winter. But this tiny hummingbird is more vulnerable. Flowers damaged

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

Language Points 1. beer belly啤酒肚,He's got a beer belly. 他都有啤酒肚了。2. extra meat on one's bones 赘肉,I have a little extra meat on my bones. 我身上有点小赘肉。3. double chin 双下巴,如:Did you see her double c

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 爆笑英语口语

She chews its tail first, to make sure the fish can't get away. While the pups are still demanding milk, the mother otter will often keep the whole fish for herself. Her pups are happy enough with caviar. As the flow becomes slow enough for the trout

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

They are vast smoke plumes. Yellowstone is burning. Throughout the summer, the dry lodgepole pines have become like a tinderbox, and lightening has struck the match. The worst wild fires will burn for weeks. In 1988, a third of Yellowstone burnt in a

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

Bison calves are more independent of their mothers. The adults' focus is now set on a ruthless competition to mate. A male bids to enter a herd with females in season. He uses dust to accentuate all his size and power. Another male already establishe

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

But just as the first of Yellowstone's new generation are preparing to leave, its last visitors are arriving. Night after night, army cutworm moths have been escaping the heat of a distant prairie. They have been flying in on favorable winds, hiding

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

Summer Breeze, Makes Me Feel Fine 风是大家最熟悉的自然现象,要了解风的形成必须了解包围着地球的大气的运动。大气的流动也像水流一样是从压力高处往压力低处流。太阳能正是形成大气压差的原

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(172) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest