When Grandfather drove to the zoo, the children piled out, intending to find Edward. Grandfather trailed after them. Did Amos come back? Benny shouted at Edward, who stood before the Monkey House. Sadly, Edward shook his head. Im afraid not. Pat and

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 26 The Mystery of the Mixed-Up

That day when the Greenfield Library bell rang out at noon, the Aldens could hardly pull themselves away from their work at the shelter. Jessie wanted to finish lining the indoor cages with newspapers. Violet was busy making flyers for adopting cats

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 22 The Animal Shelter Mystery

When work was over, Nancy quickly left the store. The Aldens said good night to Mr. Taylor and hurried outside. The young mans car was back. From the porch, they saw Nancy walking in the direction of the picnic spot. We should wait a couple of minute

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 28 The Mystery Girl

The next morning after breakfast, the children climbed the steps to A Deck where the Ping-Pong tables were located. Benny teamed with Henry against Jessie and Violet. The small white ball flew back and forth. Although Henry hit the ball so hard that

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 29 The Mystery Cruise

Sam would never take our boxcar! cried Benny. He and Susie are our friends! I dont want to think he would either, Benny, said Henry. But we have to check everything. And Sams wagon is broken. He did say that our boxcar would make a great wagon. Thats

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 49 The Mystery of the Stolen B

Henry, I will be back to pick you all up at exactly three oclock, Grandfather Alden told his fourteen-year-old grandson as he dropped his four grandchildren off at the zoo. Henry was the oldest of the Alden children, and he always looked out for his

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 127 Monkey Trouble

Whoa! Slow down, Watch! six-year-old Benny Alden cried as he held tight to his dogs leash. I cant run that fast! Bennys eight-year-old sister, Violet, laughed. I dont think Watch can slow down, Benny. Hes too excited! Thats because he knows were goin

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 113 The Box That Watch Found

Tha-thump! Tha-thump! Tha-thump! Whats going on? Jessie asked when she heard Watch at her bedroom window early the next morning. Watch had stuck his head under the window shade to see what was making the noise outside. All Jessie could see were his h

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 68 The Basketball Mystery

Six-year-old Benny Alden held up a sign with KATYA LUDSKAYA written on it. He watched anxiously as passengers walked through the airport doorway. What if we miss her? he said to his sister Jessie. We wont, Jessie replied. At twelve, she was the most

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 73 The Gymnastics Mystery

The next morning, the Aldens awoke to the steady ticking of the clocks. Bennys stomach rumbled. He opened one eye, then the other. Pushing his brown bangs from his forehead, he sat up. He was hungry. Seeing Benny awake, Ruff and Tumble trotted over.

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 95 The Midnight Mystery

The shorter woman spun around and dropped her car keys. The taller woman put her hands on her hips. Who are you? she demanded. Im Henry Alden. These are my sisters, Jessie and Violet, my brother, Benny, and our dog, Watch. He pointed. And that is Mrs

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 54 The Hurricane Mystery

The Aldens car climbed even higher into the mountains leading to Yellowstone National Park. The road was narrow now, and traffic moved slowly. Are we almost there? Benny asked when the Aldens rented car got slowed down behind a big trailer. Not yet,

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 61 The Growling Bear Mystery

Gosh, whispered Violet to Jessie. Look at all these people! What if Im not on a team with anyone I know? Violet was a little shy, and sometimes meeting new people made her nervous. Jessie said, Im glad there are a lot of people. That means well have

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 60 The Soccer Mystery

The next morning the children loaded their bikes with more recycling and pedaled to the Use It Again Recycling Center. Even though they had worked hard yesterday, they had enjoyed it. Helping other people felt good. And helping people recycle felt es

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 126 The Clue in the Recycling

That man at the library had to be the rudest person I ever saw, Jessie said as they taped the last poster to a pole at the Greenfield train station. He certainly was, Henry agreed. Jessie checked her watch again. Anyway, Mr. Finchs train should be ar

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 106 The Vanishing Passenger

Five minutes later, the children stood in front of 332 Locust. Faded blue paint chipped and peeled off the old house. Thick weeds choked the flowerbeds and grew up through cracks in the walk. Hot summers and freezing winters had turned the white pick

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 110 The Secret of the Mask

Who was that lady? Benny asked. She didnt seem very friendly. Than Mrs. Thorton, Jeff replied. She lives in that little yellow house across the street. And its not that shes unfriendly. She just worries a lot. What does she worry about? Violet asked.

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 107 The Giant Yo-Yo Mystery

Just this one book please, six-year-old Benny said. He gave The Legend of the Vampire to the librarian. On the cover was a picture of a scary man in a dark cape. He had two sharp teeth and blood red lips. Oh, Benny, are you sure that is a good book f

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 120 The Vampire Mystery

The next morning the rain had stopped, and it was a beautiful day. First, the four children went swimming. Then, after breakfast they started out with the big kettle to explore again. Lets go down to the very end of the island today, said Henry. Ill

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2 Surprise Island 奇异岛

When the Aldens drove back to the island they saw Hal and Marie waving to them from the beach. Marie shouted, Please come over! You go on, said Grandfather. You dont need me. The four Aldens ran down to the beach. Hal said, Guess who is coming to the

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 10 Schoolhouse Mystery