She hung up? Jessie echoed. Violet was looking at the local street map Jessie had brought in with their new books. Andrew lives at four-oh-two Ancona Lane, apartment three. According to this map, Ancona Lane is only two streets over from this one, sh

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 66 The Panther Mystery

One more day, Grandfather announced at breakfast the next morning. Gerald and I have only one more day of work, then his cabin will be finished. Well spend tomorrow relaxing, and then well head back home Saturday. Henry and Jessie looked at each othe

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 52 The Mystery of the Lost Min

By the time the plaster cast was dry, Grandfather decided it was time to get out of the midday heat. They all climbed into their canoes and poled back to the Miccosukee Village. Thanks for your help, Henry said to Irene as they walked up the dock. We

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 66 The Panther Mystery

The next day the Aldens began in earnest to learn more about Port Elizabeth. First they walked over to the little store. They found that they could buy almost any kind of food there. The girls bought enough food to last for a few days. Then Benny ask

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 10 Schoolhouse Mystery

The next morning Henry said, I have to leave half this stuff at home. Ive got to take my camera and a flashlight and my fishing rod and tackle. Cant take that fishing tackle, Henry, called Mr. Alden from his room. This time we will have to go without

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 12 Houseboat Mystery

When they finally arrived at the Elmford station, Benny was the first to spot Aunt Jane. Bouncing from the bus, he threw his arms around her. Were all set for that trip back in time! he cried. Aunt Jane laughed as she gave each of the Aldens a warm h

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 83 The Copycat Mystery

It was a lovely autumn day. The sun was warm and the sky was blue. The Alden family sat around the breakfast table, talking as usual. First they talked about the Greenfield schools being closed for a week. There had been a fire. Some of the schoolroo

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 13 Snowbound Mystery

Are you ready for a new adventure? Grandfather Alden asked with a twinkle in his eyes. It was nearly dusk, and the four Alden children were sitting in the living room playing Go Fish with Mrs. McGregor, the family housekeeper. What kind of adventure?

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 37 The Mystery of the Lost Vil

Have you ever been on a farm before? Danny Morgan asked. Not really, Violet said shyly. But all of us love animals. Thats why our grandfather gave us this vacation. She stopped to look at a baby goat, wearing a bell around its neck. Thats Jezebel, Da

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 34 The Mystery Horse

The day of the auditions was clear and cold. Jessie woke up feeling so nervous she could barely fasten the buttons on her polka-dot blouse. Violet came to her rescue. Jessie, its not like you to be so jumpy. Youre going to be fine, Violet assured her

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 43 The Mystery on Stage

One fall day, Jessie Alden stood outside a bookstore in Greenfield. In the window was a large poster: WANTED Actors, actresses to perform in The Wizard of Oz Auditions held Saturday, November 4th 9AM4PM Greenfield Community Playhouse Scripts availabl

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 43 The Mystery on Stage

Benny pressed his nose against the cold, foggy window of the car. Half the fun of Silver Falls was a visit to Toms Gas Station. But not that day. Violet felt sorry for Benny. Then she thought of something. She drew a silly snowman on the misty window

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 33 The Pizza Mystery

Five suitcases, three good-sized ones and two small ones, stood next to three good-sized children and two small ones. The childrens grandfather, James Alden, reached into the trunk of his car. They had just pulled up behind the Pickering Natural Hist

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 44 The Dinosaur Mystery

Frank hadnt been gone more than a few minutes, and now the wind was howling. The four Aldens walked to the front windows of the bus station-lunchroom. The sky was darker than ever, and the dust was whirling around in the air. Here comes the rain, Ben

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 18 Bus Station Mystery

Outside in the woods, a cool breeze stirred. Inside the boxcar, the four Alden children were hot from their hard work. Finally twelve-year-old Jessie stood up. Now that is what I call clean, she said, smiling at her two brothers and her ten-year-old

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 20 The Haunted Cabin Mystery

On Tuesday, the third day of the cruise, Jessie and Violet were awakened by Grandfather. Were sailing into St. Thomas, he called. Come and see. Benny and Henry are already on deck. It wasnt long before the five Aldens, hands resting on the rail, view

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 29 The Mystery Cruise

Mr. Alden stopped the car just inside the parks entrance. We have to sign in, he said. Henry pointed to a big wooden arrow on a post. The word Campers was carved into it. The arrow says campers should go to the right, Henry told him. I know, Mr. Alde

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 27 Gertrude Chandler Warner

Yeah 来喽 Straight up 开始啦 Wrist look like it been dipped 你的手腕像是被浸湿了 Dipped in that, dipped in that, dipped in that 浸湿它浸湿它浸湿它 Script look like it been flipped 手上的歌词也被翻过了 Flippin' that,

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

We were just about to lose our home 我们就快要失去家园 Diamonds ate the radio 钻石吞没无线电 Moving in the dead of night 蔓延滋长在那静寂的夜 We took photographs just some just so 我们留下照片留下一些 History has s

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Before it slips away 在它转而即逝之前 Say something loving 请说些亲昵的话 I just don't remember the thrill of affection 我些许忘了一见钟情的激动 I just don't remember 我只是不记得了 Say something loving 请说些情话

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语