Beauty and the Beast; The Prince and the Pauper; city mouse meets country mouse: Three classic tales where opposites cross paths, learn from each other, and live happily ever after. 《美女与野兽》、《王子与贫民》和《城市老鼠和乡村

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

《英语错不起》栏目收录了人们在日常生活中容易用错的英语口语表达,是纠正易错英语表达,学习正确的交际英语口语的好帮手。通过学习本栏目,英语学习爱好者可以掌握地道的英语口语

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语错不起

You are operating in so many different markets 你们的生意涉及很多不同文化氛围的销售市场, in terms of cultural differences like think of France or China or Jordan or many other countries around the world. 比如法国、中国、约

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 创业成功人士访谈录

Our guest tonight is Howard Schultz, the chairman of Starbucks Coffee Company. 今晚我们的客人是星巴克咖啡公司的董事长,霍华德舒尔茨。 He has turned his passion for coffee into a multi billion dollar global business with sto

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 创业成功人士访谈录

The warmth and hospitality of the people.I love the food, 土耳其人民热情好客。我很喜欢这里的食物, and I was taken with what I believe to be a much larger opportunity for Starbucks than I think we originally thought. 我看到了这

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 创业成功人士访谈录

英语学习笔记: coffee fanatic [f?'n?t?k] 咖啡狂热者 barista [b?'ri?st?] n. 咖啡师 cynical ['s?n?kl] adj.愤世嫉俗的 Short 最小/tall 小杯/grande 中杯/venti 大杯 decaf ['di?k?f] n. 脱咖啡因咖啡 single espresso [e'

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

今天我们要学的词是symbolic. Symbolic形容词,意思是有象征性的,有象征意义的。Two black men arrested for sitting in a Philadelphia Starbucks without ordering anything settled with the city for a symbolic $1 each. 在费城一

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

During his youth Schultz was ashamed of his family working poor status. He escaped the hot Brooklyn summer one year to attend camp, but would not return when he discovered that it was funded with government money for low-income families. When he bega

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

Given this, I believe we have sent the wrong message to young women. 考虑到这一点,我认为我们向年轻女性传达了错误的讯息, We need to stop telling them, Get a mentor and you will excel. 事实上不是找个导师你就能变得

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 向前一步

今天我们要学的词是downsize。 Downsize, 减小规模,裁减员工。 The couple downsized to an apartment after their children went to college, 孩子上大学后,夫妇两人卖掉大房子,住进公寓楼。 美国经济不景气,很

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

今天我们要学的词是downsize。 Downsize, 减小规模,裁减员工。 The couple downsized to an apartment after their children went to college, 孩子上大学后,夫妇两人卖掉大房子,住进公寓楼。 美国经济不景气,很

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语经济报道。 Food prices are at their highest level since the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization began keeping records in nineteen ninety. The causes

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

【介绍】: size(杯量): Small, medium, large, eatra large Tall, grande, venti, trenta Flavor(口味):/ topping Espresso浓缩咖啡/milk牛奶/milk foam奶泡/ chocolate syrup巧克力糖浆/ caramel焦糖/ hazel nut榛子/ whipped

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

Metoo运动 在美国一说起Me too,大家都会第一时间想到: Metoo movement: 我也是运动 美国金牌制作人哈维温斯坦的性骚扰丑闻曝光之后,兴起了这一项社会运动,它呼吁所有曾经被骚扰过的女性挺

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

阿美和咖啡厅的一个老顾客聊起了咖啡,从世界最著名的咖啡到时下流行的速溶咖啡,聊得还真欢呢。 Listen Read Learn May: Good afternoon, sir. You are really a regular customer here. May I ask you why you come here so often? Customer: I'm a newspaper column

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

英语学习笔记: stall n. 厕所隔间 clap v. 鼓掌 badly adv. 非常,很 laundry n. 洗衣房 start doing something 开始做某事 pack to move 搬家 I thought I was the only one in the toilets so I started singing. When I finished, someo

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: When I hear a customer's name, I immediately think, how could I spell this name in an obnoxious way that will infuriate and perplex them. 当我听到客人的名字时,便马上思考要如何把

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

I believe these contradictions and these tensions我认为这些矛盾 这些张力 are the greatest gift that we have 是我们所拥有的最伟大天赋 and hopefully, I can explain that 希望我能解释明白 But first let me say 首先我要说的

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz now is testing the political waters for a possible independent bid for president. 前星巴克首席执行官霍尔德舒尔茨现正在试水政坛,看看能否以独立候选人的身份竞选美国总统。 We

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2019年(二月)

Ann. 在美国公司工作的北京青年陈豪今天早上一边喝着星巴克咖啡一边看纽约时报。公司里的美籍华人Mary刚好走过他的办公室。 (Office ambience) M:Good morning, Chen Hao。看纽约时报呀? 陈:早,

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语