It's 3 friends with gourmet taste on a search for the perfect cup of coffee that help jump-start the whole specialty coffee revolution in the US. In 1971 after trying the coffee in cafs from Berkeley to Vancouver, Jerry Baldwin and his partners opene

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

New Starbucks CEO to Take Over in 2017 星巴克新任首席执行官将于2017年任职 This is Whats Trending Today. 以下是今日新鲜事。 The coffee company Starbucks said its chief executive officer, Howard Schultz, plans to leave his posit

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

In the sprawling grounds of China's Forbidden City, once home to the imperial palace of the Ming and Qing Dynasties, one small shop is in the midst of a brewing controversy----Starbucks, that poster child for American mass marketing and a growing num

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2007年

US coffee chain Starbucks has opened its first coffee bean farm and processing plant in China. The venture in Southwestern Yunan province has aimed at boosting sales, and convincing more Chinese to switch from tea to coffee. Since opening its first o

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2010年

China's Forbidden City may become forbidden for the Starbucks chain of coffee shops. Chinese nationalists have protested the Starbucks outlet in the Imperial Palace since it opened in 2000, and an online campaign begun by a television host has led t

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 初级商务英语听力2007

Scripts: We were invited to open up a store there. We did very well. And then all of a sudden it was reported by a local blogger that perhaps we were being disrespectful of the history and culture of China. And I think for us as soon as that occured

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(209) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2007年

In 1987, at the age of 34, Howard Schultz organized a group of investors and purchased his former employer, Starbucks Coffee Company. The small Seattle-based coffee roaster took its name from the coffee-loving first mate in Herman Melville's novel Mo

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

Schultz has remained firmly committed to employee and community enrichment. As part of his ongoing efforts, Starbucks teamed up with baseball stars to promote an adult literacy campaign. 如今,舒尔茨依然坚定地致力于推动企业员工及所

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

At a time when other companies were trimming benefits as a cost-cutting measure, Schultz, who grew up in a family without any medical coverage, believed that his approach is critical to building a better workforce. 当其他公司把削减福利待遇当

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

At a time when other companies were trimming benefits as a cost-cutting measure, Schultz, who grew up in a family without any medical coverage, believed that his approach is critical to building a better workforce. 当其他公司把削减福利待遇当

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

Howard Schultz is not a household name to most North Americans, but those living in urban or suburban communities know his company: the specialty coffee retailer Starbucks. In the span of a decade, Starbucks has grown into the largest coffee roaster

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

Well, can Starbucks continue to heat this kind of home-runs? Joining me now / the man who created it, its founder, its chairman, its, I guess big one -Howard Schultz . Hi, Neil ,how are you doing ? I

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

Host: welcome back, now hold the Grande Cappuccino, the coffee chain Starbucks has been forced to close its branch in Beijing's Forbidden City. The company said the decision to close had been congenial, but since the caf opened 7 years ago, it's bec

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

请进!中国的雅皮士(新词热议) 冰淇淋要吃哈根达斯的,咖啡要喝星巴克的,鞋要穿阿迪的,包要背LV的注意啦,如果您刚好与上述条件相符,那么,恭喜!您已经成为了中国的雅皮士(C

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

A judge in Los Angeles on Wednesday ruled that coffee companies like Starbucks must carry cancer warning labels in California. That's because the roasting process produces in coffee acrylamide, [??kr?l?ma?d] a chemical that can cause cancer. 在加州,

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

There is a firestorm tonight over what happened three days ago at a Starbucks in Philadelphia where the police were called in and two black men were arrested. 今晚有件事闹得沸沸扬扬的,就是关于三天前在费城的一家星巴克所发

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Give me a decaf triple vente, 2 pump vanilla, non-fatm extra hot, stirred, no foam caramel macchiato with whip cream and caramel sauce top and bottom. 给我一杯热的、无咖啡因和泡沫的香草糖浆脱脂加奶油浓缩式焦糖玛奇朵咖啡

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Give me a decaf triple vente, 2 pump vanilla, non-fatm extra hot, stirred, no foam caramel macchiato with whip cream and caramel sauce top and bottom. 给我一杯热的、无咖啡因和泡沫的香草糖浆脱脂加奶油浓缩式焦糖玛奇朵咖啡

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(152) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

In a recent interview,Michelle Obama said that the secret service taught Malia how to drive. 最近的一次采访中 米歇尔奥巴马说特勤局教会了玛莉娅开车 In exchange,Malia taught the secret service how to throw a party when her p

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 柯南脱口秀

So this morning, I went to Starbucks. You know Starbucks. You've heard of Starbucks? Yup. 今天早上我去了星巴克。你知道星巴克。听过星巴克吧?没错。 There's one on the corner next to the Starbucks across from the Starbucks. 转

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美人文风情