Nicolaus Copernicus was frightened and his mind was confused. Although he had tried to ignore them, all his mathematical calculations led to the same conclusion: that the earth was not the centre of the solar system. Only if you put the sun there di

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

Art is influenced by the customs and faith of a people. Styles in Western art have changed many times. As there are so many different styles of Western art, it would be impossible to describe all of them in such a short text. Consequently, this text

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

MARTYS STORY Hi, my name is Marry Fielding and I guess you could say that I am one in a million. In other words, there are not many people like me. You see, I have a muscle disease which makes me very weak, so I can't run or climb stairs as quickly a

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

ANNE'S BEST FRIEND Do you want a friend whom you could tell everything to, like your deepest feelings and thoughts? Or are you afraid that your friend would laugh at you, or would not understand what you are going through ? Anne Frank wanted the fir

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

JOURNEY DOWN THE MEKONG PART1 THE DREAM AND THE PLAN My name is Wang Kun. Ever since middle school, my sister Wang Wei and I have dreamed about taking a great bike trip. Two years ago she bought an expensive mountain bike and then she persuaded me to

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

KEEPING ADVERTISEDRS HONEST Organizations and individuals advertise because they want to persuade people to behave in certain ways, for example to buy a certain brand of rice, stop speeding or see a movie at their cinema. Advertisers go, to a lot of

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 高中三年级英语

THE OPEN HAND A UNIVERSAL SIGN When meeting people at the airport, most people smile and shake hands with people they meet. We know that a smile is usually a sign that people feel friendly and happy, but what if we don't know who the new person is?

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

1 There are thousands of jokes which use play on words to amuse us. One person asks a question which expects a particular reply. Instead, what he gets is another kind of answer which makes the situation funny. Now read some of these customer and wai

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

The possibility of cloning fierce and extinct wild animals has always excited film makers. And they are not the only ones! The popularity of films such as Jurassic Park, in which a scientist clones several kinds of extinct dinosaurs, proves how the i

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语示范课

A FEW SIMPLE FORMS OF ENGLISH POEMS There are various reasons why people write poetry. Some poems tell a story or describe something in a way that will give the reader a strong impression. Others try to convey certain emotions. Poets use many differ

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(157) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

I'VE SAVED THE SUMMER I've saved the summer And I give it all to you To hold on winter mornings When the snow is new. I've saved some sunlight If you should ever need A place away from darkness Where your mind can feed. And for myself I've kept your

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

Before you read the poster below, discuss what you know about HIV/AIDS with your classmates. Make a list of words that you might come across in this poster. HIV/AIDS:ARE YOU AT RISK? HIV is a virus. A virus is a very small living thing that causes di

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

ADVICE FROM GRANDAD Dear James, It is a beautiful day here and I am sitting under the big tree at the end of the garden. I have just returned from a long bike ride to an old castle. It seems amazing that at my age I am still fit enough to cycle 20 k

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

A spring morning A I awake light-hearted this morning of spring, Everywhere round me the singing of birds-But now I remember the night, the storm, And I wonder how many blossoms were broken. (by Meng Haoran ) B Hungrily the cat consumes the fish; Hu

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

LANDMINES KILL OR BADLY INJURE around 26,000 people every year. That is one person every 20 minutes. What is worse is that they keep causing damage for decades after wars have ended. There are about 100 million landmines buried just beneath the surf

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(179) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

Before you read Tom's essay on environmental problems, glance at the title and pictures and predict the main idea of the essay. CLEAN UP YOUR BUTTS AND BAGS All sorts of items become litter, but two of the most common and most dangerous are cigarett

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(178) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

Look at the title of the story and the picture below. Can you predict what the story is about? Then read the story quickly and see if you were right. TRAPPED BY THE FLOOD It's not looking too good, darling. I think you'd better pack a few things and

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

Dear Students, I would like to welcome you to Plan International on behalf of your newly sponsored child, Orlando. My name is Rosanna and I work as a community volunteer in an area of Ecuador where Orlando and his family have lived for as long as th

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(178) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

Have you ever wanted to be part of a band as a famous singer or musician? Have you ever dreamed of playing in front of thousands of people at a concert, at which everyone is clapping and appreciating your music? Do you sing karaoke and pretend you a

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

Not long after Freddy and the band became famous, they visited Britain on a brief tour. Fans showed their devotion by waiting for hours to get tickets for their concerts. Freddy was now quite confident when he went into a concert hall. He enjoyed si

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语