Glance quickly at the headlines of the short newspaper articles and match the pictures with the articles. Write the correct headline above each picture. A_____ B______ C______ D______ E______ F______A Biggest porker ever LIAONING 23 February 2004: A

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 高中三年级英语

GLIMPSES OF AUSTRALIA AUSTRALIA Capital: Canberra Offcial name: Commonwealth of Australia Area: 7,686,850 km2 Population: 20 million Highest point: Mount Kosciuszko, 2,228 metres above sea level Lowest point: Lake Eyre, 15 metres below sea level Aus

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(157) / 评论(0) 分类 高中三年级英语

MY FIRST WORK ASSIGNMENT Unforgettable, says new journalist Never will Zhou Yang (ZY) forget his first assignment at the office of a popular English newspaper. His discussion with his new boss, Hu Xin (HX), was to strongly influence his life as a jo

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

A LETTER TO AN ARCHITECT Look at the pictures. Discuss the problems that people with walking difficulties might have in a cinema. Ms L Sanders Alice Major Chief architect 64 Cambridge Street Cinema Designs Bankstown 44 Hill Street Bankstown 24 Septe

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

STANDARD ENGLISH AND DIALECTS What is standard English? Is it spoken in Britain, the US, Canada, Australia, India and New Zealand? Believe it or not, there is no such thing as standard English. Many people believe the English spoken on TV and the ra

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

Festivals and celebrations of all kinds have been held everywhere since ancient times. Most ancient festivals would celebrate the end of cold weather, planting in spring and harvest in autumn. Sometimes celebrations would be held after hunters had c

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

Last week I took a journey deep into space, to the end of the solar system, and was pulled into a black hole. Then I took a trip to Brazil and experienced surviving an airplane crash in the jungle. After that, I joined some divers and went to the bot

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

MAIN CHARACTERS: Eliza Doolittle (E): a poor flower girl who is ambitious to improve herself Professor Higgins (H): an expert in phonetics, convinced that the quality of a person's English decides his/her position in society Colonel Pickering (CP): a

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语示范课

Act Two, Scene 1 MAKING THE BET It is 11am in Henry Higgins' house the next day. Henry Higgins and Colonel Pickering are sitting deep in conversation. H: Do you want to hear any more sounds? CP: No, thank you. I rather fancied myself because I can p

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语示范课

HEROIC TEENAGER RECEIVES AWARD Seventeen-year-old teenager, John Janson, was honoured at the Lifesaver Awards last night in Rivertown for giving lifesaving first aid on his neighbour after a shocking knife attack. John was presented with his award a

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(185) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

At the age of 25, Zhang Yuncheng achieved his ambition to write and publish a book. Having a book published is a great achievement for anyone, but Zhang Yuncheng's success is particularly special. Yuncheng went to school for only one day and he did n

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(170) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING? Dear Earth Care, I am doing a project on behalf of my school about global warming. Sometimes I feel that individuals can have little effect on such huge environmental problems. However, 1 still think people shoul

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(172) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

Dear Rosemary, Thanks for your letter, which took a fortnight to arrive. It was wonderful to hear from you. I know you 're dying to hear all about my life here, so I've included some photos which will help you picture the places I talk about. You as

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(169) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

Isaac Asimov was an American scientist and writer who wrote around 480 books that included mystery stories, science and history books, and even books about the Holy Bible and Shakespeare. But he is best known for his science fiction stories. Asimov h

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(186) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

CALIFORNIA California is the third largest state in the USA but has the largest population. It also has the distinction of being the most multicultural state in the USA, having attracted people from all over the world. The customs and languages of t

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(192) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

His friends and family call him Big Feng because he is very tall and played basketball as a young man. But he is also big in a different way- he fights hard to protect China's past. His real name is Feng Jicai and he has written many novels about li

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

Wang Peng sat in his empty restaurant feeling very frustrated. It had been a very strange morning. Usually he got up early and prepared his menu of barbecued mutton kebabs, roast pork, stir-flied vegetables and fried rice. Then by lunchtime they wou

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

A week later, Wang Peng's restaurant was nearly full and he felt happier. Perhaps he would be able to earn his living after all and not have to close his restaurant. He did not look forward to being in debt because his restaurant was no longer popul

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

I'm part of an android football team. About once a year we are allowed to get together to play a game of football. I'm as big as a human. In fact, I look like one too. On the football team I'm a striker so I have to be able to run very fast. My comp

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语

Over time I have been changed quite a lot. I began as a calculating machine in France in 1642. Although I was young I could simplify difficult sums. I developed very slowly and it took nearly two hundred years before I was built as an analytical mac

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 高中一年级英语