'T was a jolly old pedagogue, long ago, Tall, and slender, and sallow, and dry; 很久以前,他是一位快活的老先生,个子高高又纤瘦,脸色蜡黄又干枯; His form was bent, and his gait was slow, And his long, thin hair was whi

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

为了学好英语,很多同学都会选择跟外教学习,可是并不是金发碧眼的外国人就一定是好外教,今天Jenny和Spencer要和大家聊一聊怎么选择好外教。 What is a 外教? 外教这个词本身在英语中也有

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

Congratulations on promotion A: Hey, Jim. I heard you got a promotion! B: Yeah, Im going to be running the Walker Avenue Branch. A: Congratulations, guy. B: Thanks. I appreciate it. 恭贺升迁 A:嘿,吉姆。听说你被提升啦! B:不错。

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

encyclopedia /ensaɪklə'pi:dɪə/ There are four different encyclopedias in the reference section in our school library. -- (literally, well-rounded rearing of a child) work offering alphabetically arranged information on various branches of knowled

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 突破英文词汇

Teacher: Walter, why don't you wash your face? I can see what you had for breakfast this morning. Walter: What was it? Teacher: Eggs. Walter: Wrong, teacher. That was yesterday. 教师:沃尔特,你为什么不洗脸?我看得出你今天早饭吃了什么。 沃尔特:我吃

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英文笑话

Teachers in English-speaking Areas of Cameroon Remain on Strike Thousands of teachers celebrated World Teacher's Day in Yaounde, Cameroon's capital on October 5. Ernestine Tabe, a teacher, came to the capital in September to look for a job. She used

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

US Teacher Arrested after Firing Gun in Classroom A high school teacher in the American state of Georgia was arrested after firing a gun in his classroom. 美国乔治亚州一名高中教师在教室开枪后被捕。 Police said the teacher had loc

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

西式幽默 Western Humour 冯骥才 Feng Jicai 学院请来一位洋教师,长得挺怪,红脸,金发,连鬓大胡须,有几根胡子一直逾过面颊,挨近鼻子,他个子足有二米,每迸屋门必须低头,才能躲过门框子

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

when even the bees were diving deep down into the cups of the flowers, and stopping there, 这么热的天,甚至连蜜蜂都要飞到花蕊里藏起来, as if they had made up their minds to retire from business, and be manufacturers of honey no

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

Mr.Bush,I need a raise. 布什先生,我需要加薪。 I agree.But money is really a bit tight now. 这我同意。但现在资金很紧张。 I'd like to have a chance of a pay raise. 我希望加薪。 The promotion and salary increase meant a l

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语就该这么说

我们已经讲过两个以feather这个字为主的习惯用语。我们今天再来给大家讲两个以feather这个字为主的习惯用语。第一个是:As light as a feather. Light 这个字有

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Unit 41 teacher 教师,老师 driver 司机 journalist 记者 engineer 工程师 机械师 doctor 医生 pupil 小学生 cook 厨师

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 傻瓜机从零开始学英语

今天我们要学的词是walkout. Walkout 做为名词,有罢工,罢课的意思。Students from around 3,000 schools took part in a nationwide walkout to protest Congressional failure to address gun violence. 全美各地约3千所学校的学生

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

JUDY WOODRUFF: Now a coming crisis in the classroom, as more teachers exit the profession. A nonprofit organization is combating the high turnover rates by mentoring new teachers. Our story comes from Ash-har Quraishi of WTTW Chicago. ABBY MILLER, Su

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈教育系列

Charlie, get off the phone. 查理,电话挂了 I need signs right now, at least a hundred. 我这就需要标语牌,至少一百块 You know what? Let them set it up. 你知道吗,让他们去吧 It's actually better for us that way. 这样反而

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 纸牌屋第一季

Teacher 教师 A teacher helps students in a school. 老师在学校里帮助学生。 A teacher teaches students many things, such as academic subjects, life skills and their duties. 老师教授学生很多东西,比如理论课程、生存技能和

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第4册

In the silence that ensued, the hum of distant voices, borne upon the evening air, came floating through the open window. 一切随即趋于沉寂,远处的人声随着晚风飘进了敞开着的窗户。 What's that? said the sick child, opening h

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

讲解文本: make no bones about 直率,毫不犹豫,直言不讳 I think you should make no bones about your idea. 我觉得你有想法就应该直率的说出来。 I make no bones about it. I want the promotion. 我可以直言不讳的说,

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(237) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

Representatives of Lanzhou Jiaotong University Bowen College went to the house of the sick teacher who was fired when she went on sick leave and then died of cancer to apologize, reported cnr.cn. 据央广网报道,兰州交通大学博文学院的代

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

教师节快到了,今天我们要一起来聊老师。用英语怎么叫老师,美国学校的老师怎么工作,听Jenny和Adam告诉你。 教师节英语怎么说? Teachers' Day 教师节 Teachers' Appreciation Week 在北美一整周都是

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀