JEFFREY BROWN: And we head back to Chicago and the national spotlight focused on a teachers strike in the nation's third largest school system. Chicago teachers walked the picket lines for a second day as contract talks resumed. The union spokeswoman

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈教育系列

Education Report - Lecture or Interactive Teaching? Old Issue, New Study 教育报道 - 填鸭式授课与互动式教学孰优孰劣? This is the VOA Special English Education Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语教育报道。 Professors hav

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(六)月

BBC News with Jonathan Izard. The head of US Congressional Committee on Intelligence says he has seen no evidence of collusion between Russia and Donald Trump's presidential election campaign last year. Speaking to Fox News, the Committee Chairman De

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: Unfortunately, there's one group of people who get almost no systematic feedback to help them do their jobs better. 不幸的是,有一群家伙,从来没有得到过系统化的反馈,以此

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

经典句型:I think you dream will come true. 我想你会梦想成真的。 A:Do you want to pursue a master's degree after you graduate? 甲:毕业后你想攻读硕士学位吗? B:Yes,I'm always dreaming of that. 乙:是的。我一直都梦想着

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 生活口语天天说

Model 3 I wonder if you could give me a loan. John: Hey, Se-Jin, I was just on my way to find you. Se-Jin: Whats up, John? John: Se-Jin, Im kind of broke, and you usually have a bundle tucked away. I wonder if you could give me a loan. Se-Jin: Dream

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. Good morning. Welcome to the White House. Welcome to the Rose Garden. We're walking out of the Oval Office, Mike turns to me and says, I like what you've done with the place. (Laughter.) All I did was mow the lawn. (Laug

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

Many US States Struggle with Teacher Shortages An increasing number of American states have identified teacher shortages as a major problem. In some states, there is especially a great need for teachers of special education, science and math. In othe

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Study: Nearly 10 Percent of US Airbnb Hosts Are Teachers People across the world use Airbnb to offer their homes to travelers usually for a nightly fee. The home-sharing service provides some people a way to make extra money while they work other job

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

菲利普K 霍华德认为:美国这个自由国度已经成为法律雷区特别是对于教师及医生,他们工作时充满了对吃官司的恐惧。有没有解决之道呢?身为一位律师,霍华德有四条简化美国法律的建议。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:罪与罚

Education Report - Thousands of US Teachers Lose Jobs as States Cut Budgets This is the VOA Special English Education Report. America's recession ended in June of two thousand nine but recovery has been slow. Many states face budget problems and have

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

AS IT IS 2016-01-21 Students, Teachers Dead in Attack in Pakistan 巴基斯坦大学遭恐袭21人死亡 教师为掩护学生牺牲 Four attackers used guns and bombs to kill at least 21 students and teachers Wednesday morning at Bacha Khan Universi

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

朝鲜历来是西方国家的眼中钉,但英国有这么一位就职于著名学校的音乐老师不仅不敌视朝鲜,反而欲在自己的课程内容中加入朝鲜音乐的部分。 英国著名私立学校达利奇学院的音乐老师莱斯

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Photos of a Nanjing medical school professor have become hugely popular online. 近日,南京医科大学一位教授的照片在网上迅速走红。 In the photos, the professor can be seen teaching without a shirt on in front of the class, using

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

迷你对话: A: What does your friend Jim do? 你的朋友吉姆是干什么的? B: He is a teacher, but he makes a little money on the side by repairing cars in his free time. 他是一位教师,但是也在空闲时间修理汽车挣点钱。

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

BBC Tees Sport: Craig Hignett post Portsmouth (30th April 2016) TUE 3 MAY 2016 Pools lose 2-0 though results elsewhere end automatic promotion hopes for the visitors.

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

从柏拉图到欧罗宾多,从维果茨基到蒙台梭利,几个世纪教育思想家们对于主要的教育问题都争论不休:如何激发孩子们的创造力,好奇心以及想象力呢?那些在谷歌出现前的哲理大师们可能无

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲视频

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: Because the best way to combat negativity bias is to embed as many positive experiences and memories in our brains as possible. 对抗消极偏见最好的方式,就是尽量多的将积极正面

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

A: Did you hear the good news? B:No, I haven't. A: I got a promotion at my job. B: Did you really? A: Seriously, I am so excited. B: Well, congratulations. A:Thank you. B: I'm so happy for you. A:Really? B: Yes. You really deserved this. A: You think

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 闲聊-Small Talk

Lesson Introduction In every social environment there are people who like to gossip. In this lesson we will listen to two employees gossip about a third employee who received a promotion. Sometimes gossip is not very nice.

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 英语播客-EnglishPod