The first time I was personally introduced to lightning I was flying betweeen Puerto Rico and the American continent. Had I not been in an airplane, I might not be allowed now to discribe the experience. We had just ridden through three minutes of vi

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(229) / 评论(0) 分类 高等院校英语专业本科听力

This is Whats Trending Today: Indias version of the fashion magazine Vogue is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year. The magazine released its anniversary cover on social media this week. American model and television star Kendall Jenner is pict

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Kurds Criticizes Turkeys Plan to Move Ballot Boxes Turkey has announced plans to move voting stations in some areas with a high Kurdish population. The government says the move is designed to stop threats against Kurdish voters. But the main pro-Kurd

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

take these shoes click clacking down some dead end street and make them fit take this shirt polyester white trash made in nowhere and make it clean, clean take this soul stranded in some skin and bone

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美绝对经典 U2

我最近一直在上一门艺术史的课。就在上个星期,一个学生在课堂上跟教授吵了起来,非说教授讲得不对,让我大吃一惊。我们上学那会儿,绝对没有人敢去指出老师的错误。 不过,这倒让我

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

必背句型: A:He was booked for driving on the wrong side of the road. 他被指控占道驾驶。 B:What did he face at last? 他最终面对的是什么? He was booked for killing his family. 他被指控杀了家人。 It is unbelievable that

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

Criticizing a Co-Worker 批评同事 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他跟美国同事Amy一起往办公室走。 (Office ambience) A: Hi Chen Hao. How are you today? C: 还可以,不过工作上有点烦心事。 A: Anything I can help

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

乌克兰危机使奥巴马在华盛顿受到批评 As tensions and turmoil escalate in Ukraine, Americas response to the crisis is becoming an increasingly contentious issue in Washington. 随着乌克兰紧张和动乱局势升级,美国如何应对

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年5月

The Ministry of Civil Affairs has urged shelters nationwide to help the homeless in order to prevent deaths in severely cold temperatures. The ministry said that local shelter management authorities should provide 24-hour services to those in need. R

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

March 3rd, 1991In Los Angeles, a scene caught on amateur video sparks an outcry in the United States. Police officers severely beat black motorist Rodney King after he is stopped for speeding. The following year, the four white officers charged in th

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2012年

March 3rd 1991In Los Angeles, a scene caught on amateur video sparks an outcry in the United States. Police officials severely beat black motorists Rodney King after he is stopped for speeding. The following year, the four white officers charged in t

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2014年

March 3rd, 1991In Los Angeles, a scene caught on amateur video sparks an outcry in the United States. Police officers severely beat black motorist Rodney King after he is stopped for speeding. The following year, the four white officers charged in th

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(18) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2015年

EDUCATION REPORT - Three States, Teachers Union Act Against Federal Education Law By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Thursday, June 09, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English EDUCATION REPORT. Sch

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

今天我们要学的词是faze。 Faze, 意思是使人感到困扰,胆怯,通常用于否定句。 Criticism doesnt faze him, 别人的批评不会让他乱了阵脚。 We had lost three games in a row, but that didnt faze us, 我们虽然连输三

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

今天我们要学的词是scalper。 Scalper, 是指转手倒卖的人。 Liu Xiang's withdrawal made scalpers' profits plunge, 刘祥退出比赛让票贩子们的赢利暴跌。 Beijing Olympic officials have warned that scalpers of Olympic ticket

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

David Beckham has told The Daily Mail it has no right to criticise his parenting skills after it published a piece questioning his controversial decision to allow his four year old daughter to use a dummy. 《每日邮报》近日发表了一篇文章质

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

非谓语的表达方式较多,也是学生们容易觉得困难的知识点,所以在口语课上我一般会分成几次去讲解和练习。 这次主要讲的是分词的非谓语用法: 首先,分词分为现在分词和过去分词。 现

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

China is getting tougher on pollution by lowering the criteria to define related crimes. he Supreme Peoples Court and Supreme Peoples Procuratorate have issued interpretations of what constitutes such crimes. A pollution case will be defined as a cri

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年07月

Presenter: Jean Dong Helen: This is Real English from BBC Learning English. Im Helen. Jean: And Im Jean. Helen: English is a language that changes constantly, so you really need to stay up-to-date. Jean: Helen, 咱们今天要学的新词是什么呢? Helen: To

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语在线听

JUDY WOODRUFF: A presidential broadside today aimed at Donald Trump. President Obama took on the man who is running to succeed him in his strongest terms yet. PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: I think the Republican nominee is unfit to serve as president. I sa

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(231) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列