EMILY: I want to ask you about something. ANNA: Yes? EMILY: My colleagues at work say I should get health insurance. What do you think? ANNA: I think it's important. I can give you my insurance agent's card if you want. EMILY: But I'm not sure what

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(228) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化口语

Criticism from your boss A: Liz, you were supposed to have had those contracts typed up by now. B: I was supposed to do that? I thought Sharon was responsible for that. A: No, Liz. I asked you specifically. Dont you remember? B: Im really sorry, Mr.

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

While you were going about your day on February 24th of this year, the sun was ejecting a massive jet of particles into space. This phenomenon is known as a CME, a coronal mass ejection and they often come after a solar flare. Luckily for us on earth

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松英文阅读

The society may judge you But never be pressured by it As long as you are true to yourself You will never be hurt on the judgments of the society and the people. 社会会评判你 但是不要被社会舆所束缚 只要你对自己保持真实 社会

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

今天我们要学的词组是chide。 Chide的意思是批评、责备。老师责备学生欺负同学, The teacher chided the student for bullying his classmates. 家长不要经常批评孩子, Parents should not chide their children often. 新

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

250 Years Might Return to AP World History Course After Criticism The College Board has answered criticism about proposed changes to the Advanced Placement World History exam. Educators and others had objected to its plans to make the exam cover hist

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

1. I couldn't care less. 我不在乎。 2. You have my word. 我保证。 3. He hit the ceiling at the news. 他听到那消息暴跳如雷/大发雷霆。 4. I don't mind staying up late. 我不在乎

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 Modern English 洋话连篇

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语抢先学

Larry和李华准备到银行去,李华要开一个帐户,而Larry需要取一些现金。今天李华会学到两个常用语:to be hard up和to pick on someone. LH: Larry,我要去银行开个

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

1. Fires raging near the Palm Springs area are now to blame for the deaths of four firefighters, another is in critical condition. They were battling the blaze which is sweeping through parts of south

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

1. A tornado as wide as two football fields carved a devastating path through eastern Colorado. Initial report said five homes were destroyed and dozens were severely damaged. 2. Senate Democrats ignored a veto threat and pushed through a bill requi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

Break out a fight and raise your arms. Skip those heartbeats, run, chase the illusion. The indifference of few destroys us all. Like rings from drops in a pool of blood we break like a sick single crop. And watch with bitter eyes, no sound, a frown,

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

You don't judge a book by its cover or a person from the outside. 语音讲解: 单词发音 judge /dʒʌdʒ/ book /bʊk/ outside /aʊtˈsaɪd/ 连词发音 by its cover or a /baɪjɪtsˈkʌvərərə/ the outside /ij'aʊtˈsaɪd/ 轻读重读 重读:

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

to get one's back up to scratch one's back 当一只猫生气的时候,它往往把它的背拱起来,嘴里还发出呼呼的声音,显得它随时准备施展它那爪子的威力。美国一个

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

You arrive late to work. (Just a few minutes) 你上班的时候就已经迟到了(也许只是几分钟...) You then get your coffee. And then socialize with others about their weekend. 然后再泡杯咖啡。还要和同事交流一下周末的情

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The average American spends a lot of time at work -- more than 1,800 hours a year. But how many of those hours are spent daydreaming about being somewhere (or anywhere) else? 普通美国人每年的工作时间很长超过了1800个小时。不过其中

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

英语学习笔记: pop pills 经常服药 ;一次性吃了很多药 pop off发脾气 ;突然去世;匆忙离开 pop the question 求婚 take a pop at somebody 批评某人 Soon she was popping pills again in an effort to cope with the increa

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

This is the BBC news. Hello, I'm Jonathan Izard. Just hours after saying that women who have a termination should be published if abortion is criminalized in the United States, the Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump has changed his position

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

As in the last war, the soldiers dig in and try to make the best of things. 如同上一次大战,士兵挖掘防御工事,并充分利用一切。 The French soldier, Jastone Schiller, writes to his wife. 法国士兵席黑克写给妻子。 It'

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(176) / 评论(0) 分类 二战启示录