KELLY: Hello. Is this Ann? ANN: Yes, it is. Kelly? KELLY: Yes, it's me. ANN: Do you have a cold? KELLY: No. Worse than that. I have a flu. I'm in bed with a fever. ANN: Oh, no! What about your presentation today? KELLY: I'd like to do it, of course.

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(199) / 评论(0) 分类 应急英语口语

B: you don't look too well. Maybe you should take the day off from work. Z: I couldn't do that. I have an important meeting to go to today. B: do you feel ok? Z: not really. After a 12-hour flight, I've got jetlag, and on top of that, I think I've al

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语情景口语

Scripts: Host: The internet search giant Yahoo is fighting a high profile lawsuit which accuses the company of helping suppress free speech in China. Yahoo is asking a US federal judge to throw this censorship case out of court. Of more on this, we

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2007年

我们在感冒发痛时会去看医生。但为什么我们在经历类似心理伤痛时不去就医呢?盖温驰说我们此时大都独自疗伤。但这不是唯一出路。他有力的论证了为何我们应该像对待身体一样照料我们

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:美妙的神经系统

For the fifth straight day, angry parents lined up outside the headquarters of dairy company Sanlu to demand compensation after the government discovered it was using a poisonous industrial chemical in its baby formula. They need to resolve the probl

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

马瑞感冒了,别人给他介绍了一个小偏方,然而马瑞感觉并没有好。 Todd: OK, hey, Marion, how are you feeling today? Marion: I'm realy tired. Todd: Yeah, yeah. Marion: Kind of, I don't know, my throat's really scratchy, so may

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语练习册

Hello, cat. 你好,猫。 What's the matter with you? 你怎么啦? I have the flu. 我得了流感。 Oh, that's too bad. 哦,这真是太糟糕了。 You should roll in some catnap. 你应该打个盹儿。 That always makes me better. 这样总

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 天才宝贝熊

President Bush Attends Dedication of 9/11 Pentagon Memorial THE PRESIDENT: Thank you all. Mr. Vice President; Secretary Gates; Madam Speaker; Justices of the Supreme Court; members of my Cabinet and administration; members of Congress; Admiral Mulle

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

ENPN NFL insider Adam Schefter joins us now from network headquarters in B Connecticut. Good morning! Adam, can you just give us your take on Incognito's interview.I think we saw yesterday. It's become perfectly obvious.There really are three sizes t

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2013年

Health Report - What Do You Know About the Common Cold? This is the VOA Special English Health Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语健康报道。 Do you think getting cold can give you a cold? Is it bad to drink milk when you have a cold? Can c

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

1.finish vt. 完成 finish Ving 完成 下列动词只能接动名词而不能接动词不定式作宾语: admit(承认),avoid(避免),appreciate(感激,体会),delay(延期),mind(介意),enjoy(喜欢),escape(逃避),

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(468) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语口语一本通

英语学习笔记: catch a chill 着凉感冒 cast a chill over sb 使某人感到沮丧,寒心 take the chill off sth 驱除...的寒气,把暖一暖 put the chill on sb 表示对某人冷淡 chill sb to the bone 使人感到害怕,感到寒气

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

Thank you all very much indeed. Now the body of an 89-year-old woman is being exhumed by the police tonight as they investigate the death of seven elderly people at a care home. In an un-press dent investigation by even some said , police --- bodies

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

Dear Ms Ma, 敬爱的马老师: I apologize that I cannot go to school today. Last night my mother had a high fever and coughed badly. I think that she has got flu. She didn't have a good sleep and is very weak today, so I will go to Tiantan Hospit

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

释义: get at cold 患上感冒 get 会在很多情况下充当 have,如果有get+病名的形式,就表示患上,得 的意思。 例句: I've got the runs. 我拉肚子了。(= I have diarrhea.) I've really got a sore throat. Let's g

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

Spending too much time online can increase your risk of catching a cold or the flu, scientists have warned. 科学家近日警告,上网时间过长会增加患感冒和流感的几率。 Those with greater levels of internet addiction are more lik

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1) get cold feet 失去信心,感到怀疑2) not so sure 没有那么确定3) The One 那个他(她)白洁想问问大家还相信爱情吗?你们怎么确定对方就是你要找的那个人呢?

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 OMG美语

释义: get at cold 患上感冒 get 会在很多情况下充当 have,如果有get+病名的形式,就表示患上,得 的意思。 例句: I've got the runs. 我拉肚子了。(= I have diarrhea.) I've really got a sore throat. Let's g

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 外国人日常短语

你还在用sick或者upset来表达自己身体不适么? 其实即使生病不舒服的时候也想拽一下地道英文?下面几款就适合你!快来可以试试吧! 1. Under the weather Weather是天气的意思,但under the weather却和

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

You're Ravenous 变得贪吃 If you find yourself hungry all day (and not because you skipped breakfast or have recently amped up your gym routine)it might be because you've been skimping on sleep. Research presented at the 2010 meeting of theSoc

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening