The Sun A long time ago, people thought that the sun went around the earth. In some countries, people even said that the sun was God. They thought the God drove across the sky each day on a golden horse. Now we know the earth goes around the sun. It

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语六级听力短文

MIT媒体实验室的创始人尼古拉斯内格罗蓬特带你走上一个游览历史 30 年科技发展的旅程。 这个完美的语言者强调了他在 20 世纪的 70 和 80 年代所看到的那些当时被忽略却现在普及生活的操作界

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲集:2014创意的一年

Ladies and gentlemen, On this splendid moonlit night in mid-autumn, as we gather in the beautiful city of Shanghai, located on the coast of the Eastern Sea, let me, on behalf of the Chinese government and people, extend a warm welcome to the friends

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

And reaching success, I always did what I loved. 为了成功,我总是做我最喜欢的事。 But then I got into stuff that I didn't love, like management. 但不喜欢的事慢慢接踵而来,像管理。 I am the world's worst manager, but I

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

I haven't the faintest idea, said the Tin Woodman, and the Lion shook his shaggy mane and looked thoughtful. 铁皮人说:我毫无办法。 狮子抖动着蓬松的鬣毛,似乎在沉思。 But the Scarecrow said, We cannot fly, that is certain.

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz

Then giving a great spring, he shot through the air and landed safely on the other side. 接着马上一跃,他迅疾地跳过深沟,平稳地落在另一边。 They were all greatly pleased to see how easily he did it, 他们看它跳过去这样容

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz

Well, said the Cowardly Lion, drawing a long breath of relief, I see we are going to live a little while longer, 好了,胆小的狮子吸着一口长长的气安慰地说,我们都能活得再长点了, and I am glad of it, for it must be a ve

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz

So the Woodman took his axe and began to chop down small trees to make a raft, 铁皮人拿起斧头,他开始砍下小树做木筏, and while he was busy at this the Scarecrow found on the riverbank a tree full of fine fruit. 他正忙碌时,稻

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 绿野仙踪.The.Wizard.Of.Oz

你知道单身的五种幸福吗? Step 1: Sleep睡觉 Sleep is a beautiful thing. When you're single, no one's nagging at you to get up or counting the hours that you've spent in bed. You are left in peace with your box fan and body pillow. Sleep

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

I am currently on a massive adventure with my family: we are seven months into a year-long trip around Australia. 我和家人正在一同展开一场声势浩大的冒险活动:全年畅游澳大利亚,这是其中的第七个月。 Coaching and

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

College doesn't always prepare you for life after graduation. The food, friends, and structure that you had relied on for four years are all immediately taken away from you. You are thrust into the world and tasked with the challenge of figuring out

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

In Life We Are Happiest When 生活中,我们最幸福时 A man and his girlfriend were married. It was a large celebration. 一个男人和他的女朋友结婚,举行了一场盛大的结婚庆典。 All of their friends and family came to see th

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Are you happy? I asked my brother, Ian, one day. Yes. No. It depends on what you mean, he said. Then tell me, I said, when was the last time you think you were happy? April 1967, he said. 你幸福吗?一天我问我的兄弟伊恩。 又幸福,又

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Lesson 9 Travel 第九课 旅行 November 19 11月19日 Train Trips 享乐火车行 Read it! 读读看! Rob is taking a short train trip. 罗柏即将从事一趟短程的火车旅行, It is a dinner train. 那是一列晚餐列车。 He rides on

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

November 20 11月20日 Read it! 读读看! Alex rode the high speed railway in Taiwan. 亚力克斯搭过台湾的高铁, It goes 300 kilometers per hour! 时速可以达到三百公里! But his favorite train trip is along Taiwan's east coast.

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

Are you happy? I asked my brother, Ian, one day. Yes. No. It depends on what you mean, he said. Then tell me, I said, when was the last time you think you were happy? April 1967, he said. 你幸福吗?一天我问我的兄弟伊恩。 又幸福,又

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

How do you gauge a country's well-being? The usual approach is to look at economic indicators like GDP or employment figures, or social ones like literacy levels or crime rates. But in Britain politicians are seeking a much more basic measure of the

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

I live in Hollywood. You may think people in such a glamorous, fun-filled place are happier than others. If so, you have some mistaken ideas about the nature of happiness. 我住在好莱坞。你可能认为住在这样一个魅力四射、充满欢笑

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

In recent years, researchers have attempted to use a variety of statistics and surveys to answer a question that's occupied countless generations of philosophers: What makes us truly happy? 近年来,研究人员试图利用各种统计和调查方法

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

幸福是什么,如何让所有人都能幸福?佛教僧侣Matthieu Richard(曾是一位生物化学家)认为人们可以通过修身养性来求得内心真正的安宁和圆满

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集