13.Britannia Rues the Waves Andrew Neil Britain's merchant navy seldom grabs the headlines these days; it is almost a forgotten industry. Yet shipping is the essential lifeline for the nation's economy. Ninety-nine percent of our trade in and out of

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(267) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 上

13.In Favor of Capital Punishment Jacques Barzun 1 A passing remark of mine in the Mid-Century magazine has brought me a number of letters and a sheaf of pamphlets against capital punishment. The letters, sad and reproachful, offer me the choice of p

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(183) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 下

14.Loving and Hating New York Thomas Griffith 1 Those ad campaigns celebrating the Big Apple, those T-shirts with a heart design proclaiming I love New York, are signs, pathetic in their desperation, of how the mighty has fallen. New York City used t

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(163) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 下

11.The Future of The English J . B. Priestley 1 To write about the English in standard and cosmopolitan political terms, the usual Left-Centre-Right stuff, is almost always wasting time and trouble. The English are different. The English are even mor

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 下

1.The Middle Eastern Bazaar The Middle Eastern bazaar takes you back hundreds --- even thousands --- of years. The one I am thinking of particularly is entered by a Gothic - arched gateway of aged brick and stone. You pass from the heat and glare of

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(240) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 上

2007年12月大学英语六级考试真题(A卷) College English Test Band Six Part Ⅰ Writing (30 minutes) Directions:For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay entitled The Digital Age. You should write at least 150 words following the

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(175) / 评论(0) 分类 大学六级英语考试听力真题

Task 3:Why did you stop at a green light? One day.two friends were driving downtown when they came to an intersection with a traffic light.The light was red but the driver sped right through the red light.The passenger looked in terror at the d

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

Now Your Turn A: Can you believe it? Philip made a proposal to me! B: How wonderful. Did you say yes? A: Not yet. Im concerned about the age gap. Hes much younger than me. B: I know hes a few years younger than you, but I think he is mature than mind

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

Part I Writing (30 minutes) 注意:此部分试题在答题卡 1 上。 Part II Reading Comprehension (Skimming and Scanning) (15 minutes) Directions: In this part, you will have 15 minutes to go over the passage quickly and answer the questions on Answer Sheet

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 大学四级英语考试听力真题

胡敏读故事记单词——大学英语四级词汇(A字头) 第21页 attribute ~ axe The author carefully parked his automobile in an available space along the avenue heading to the lecture ha

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

胡敏读故事记单词——大学英语四级词汇(A字头) 第11页 alarm ~ amid Michael is flying back to Australia after visiting his aunt in New York. He is an amateur clown and his ambiti

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

胡敏读故事记单词——大学英语四级词汇(A字头) 第5页 acceptance ~ accuse Mrs. Black has a savings account with a nearby bank, and recently she started to receive statements not

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

胡敏读故事记单词——大学英语四级词汇(A字头) 第7页 accustomed ~ admission A young acquaintance of mine is not accustomed to achievement In fact, in the administration of his d

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

胡敏读故事记单词——大学英语四级词汇(A字头) 第13页 amount ~ apology I once knew a woman who had a grandmother. Apart from that, she was always as busy as an ant , trying to a

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

胡敏读故事记单词——大学英语四级词汇(A字头) 第15页 apparent ~ approximate To appeal to an employer, the applicant decided to apply in person, rather than wait to be offered a

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

胡敏读故事记单词——大学英语四级词汇(A字头) 第19页 assign ~ attractive A male athlete named Bruce was annoyed by an atomic plant near his house, because it polluted the area

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Topic1 Discipline of 2014 two sessionsMany provinces announced disciplines for their delegation members to follow during the ongoing National People's Congress and the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference from March 3rd to 12th. The rul

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Part I Listening Comprehension (20 minutes) Section A 1.A) The dean should have consulted her on the appointment. B) Dr. Holden should have taken over the position earlier. C) She doesn’t think Dr.

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(328) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Part I Listening Comprehension (20 minutes) Section A 1. A) Dr. Holden should have taken over the position earlier. B) She doesn’t think Dr. Holden has made a wise choice. C) Dr. Holden is the best

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Part I Listening Comprehension(20 minutes) Section A 1. C) Dr. Holden is the best person for the chairmanship. 2. D) They’ll keep in touch during the summer vacation 3. C) Peaches are not at their b

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语