Unrest continues in France as the government debates a reform to France's retirement system that has sparked more than a week of action targeting transport. Demonstrators blocked access to Marseille airport and continue to block fuel depots halting g

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年10月

Strikes continue in France and the country is bracing for another day of demonstrations next Thursday over a new retirement reform bill that the country's Senate passed on Friday. President Nicolas Sarkozy is expected to sign the bill into law soon. 法

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年10月

Sepsis is a severe infection that can often be fatal, particularly in obese patients. Now, a new study suggests why obese patients are at greater risk and suggests a possible new approach to treatment. 败血病是一种非常严重的感染,很多时

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年10月

Just one month before the 2010 midterm elections, a new public opinion poll shows that Arab-American voters favor Democrats over Republicans by a wide margin. The survey also finds that discrimination against Arab Americans appears to be on the rise.

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年10月

Pakistani officials say all money donated for flood assistance will go to help the victims. The officials assure international donors none of the funds meant to provide aid to millions of desperate people will fall into the wrong hands. 巴基斯坦官

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年8月

President Obama has described as a positive sign BP's statement that oil has, at least temporarily, stopped leaking into the Gulf of Mexico from the Deepwater Horizon well site. President commented briefly on the issue after returning from a visit to

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年7月

Multiple explosions in the Iraqi capital have killed 95 people and wounded at least 310 others, in the worst day of violence in Baghdad since U.S. forces left urban areas in June. 伊拉克首都巴格达发生多起炸弹爆炸事件,造成至少9

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年8月

With just minutes to go before liftoff, South Korean engineers postponed the launch of the country's first space-bound rocket. The delay comes as a disappointment to many who looked forward to the launch as a milestone of national pride. 韩国计划发

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年8月

Democrat Barack Obama is trying to hold his lead in the U.S. presidential race in the final days, while Republican John McCain is looking for anything that might give him a last-minute bump in the polls. Presidential campaign that has only five days

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年10月

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is sending the top U.S. diplomat for Africa to Kinshasa for talks on the violence and humanitarian crisis in the eastern provinces of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the DRC. Assistant Secretary for State for

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年10月

U.S. President George Bush is monitoring developments in India from Camp David, where he is observing America's Thanksgiving holiday with members of his family. Mr. Bush called India's prime minister from the presidential retreat to express condolenc

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年11月

Thai police have called for anti-government protesters to vacate the main airports in Bangkok, which the group seized earlier this week. The government has declared a state of emergency around the airports. 泰国警方呼吁反政府示威民众撤离

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年11月

Georgia is emerging battered but defiant from its recent military confrontation with Russia. Russian troops still control significantly more Georgian territory than they did a month ago and no one can answer the key question: How can the occupiers be

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

Older gentleman: Oh dear, Miss, you are soaked! Wow, it's really raining heavily outside. 哦,哎呀,小姐,你被雨淋透了!哇,外面的雨下得真大。 Michelle: Yes, it sure is. I had to run here from work! I need to rush as I'm on

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A: Lily , I found a pair of men' s boxers in the laundry machine this morning! 莉莉,今天早晨我在洗衣机里发现了一个男士的平角裤。 B: What?! That' s weird. Are they your boyfriend' s? 什么?!那么奇怪。是你男友的吗

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A: OK class, so today we are going to continue with our anatomy class, today we will review everything we have learned. Can anyone tell me what the first major organ is? 好的,同学们,今天我们将继续学习人体解剖学课。有谁能告诉

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Mr.Campbell : Ah, Michelle, hi. I was hoping to see you. How have you been? How's the family? 你好,米歇尔。我正想着可能要见到你呢。你现在怎么样了?你的家人还好么? Michelle : Oh, hello, Mr. Campbell. I'm fine and J

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A: Look at this newspaper article about this famous local medium. It says that she is really gifted and so popular now, that she is booked solid with appointments for the next twelve months! 看报纸上关于著名当地媒介的文章。上面说她非

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A: So what are you doing for Thanksgiving? 你们感恩节都做些什么? B: Not much really. It's more of an American tradition, so back home we don't really celebrate it. In fact, I am not even sure of what exactly is being celebrated! 没有很多

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A: Hi everyone, Can everyone hear me? Can you guys at the back hear everything? A: Okay great. Well I think all of you know why we are here this afternoon. As most of you are aware 2010 marks an important moment for Alpha computers. A: We have bounce

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语