A: What's for dinner? 晚餐吃什么? B: Leftovers. 剩饭。 A: What? Leftovers of what and from when? 什么?什么剩饭,什么时候的? B: From last night! I took the left over turkey, mixed it with some diced peppers and onions, added

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A: OK, so are you ready to learn how to bake a cake? 好的,你现在准备好了如何做一块蛋糕了吗? B: Almost, let me just put my apron on. 差不多,让我把我的围裙穿上。 A: OK, so the first thing we are going to do is pre-h

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A : Help me organize these coins. 帮我理一下那些硬币。 B : That's a lot of money! What did you do? Break the piggy bank? 这么多钱!你做什么了?把存钱罐打碎了吗? A : Yeah, I'm gonna go to the bank and change it for bills

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A: This is such a nice restaurant! I feel so classy! 好漂亮的饭店啊!感觉这里档次很高。 B: Yeah, it's a little bit pricey, but they serve the best seafood in town. 是的,就是有些贵,但是这里的海鲜是全城最好的。

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

The 7 Wonders Of The World A : Have you seen this news article? Apparently an organization has made a list to name the new seven wonders of the world and people could vote for them online. 你看了那篇新文章了吗?显然是一个组织列举出

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A: Can I borrow five bucks? 能借给我5美元吗? B: No! 不行! A: Come on! I'll pay you back on Tuesday. 拜托!我周三就会还给你。 B: Last time I lent you money, you never paid me back. 上次你借我钱,到现在还没有还。

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Key participants of the Middle East Quartet, which is working to find an end to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, have been meeting in the Egyptian resort town of Sharm el Sheikh. They have given an account of progress in behind-the-scenes peace talk

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年11月

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is in Israel as part of a final effort by the Bush administration to keep the Israeli-Palestinian peace process on track. Arriving in Tel Aviv, Rice indicated that a peace deal by the end of the year will not

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年11月

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice says the U.S. presidential election held on November 4 was an example for the world in how a nation can overcome internal differences. Rice spoke at the 15th anniversary of the James Baker Institute for Public

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年11月

Many Indian companies are slowing expansion plans as they cope with the global economic downturn. It is a huge change from last year when Indian companies spent billions of dollars on acquisitions both at home and overseas. 为了应对全球经济下行

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年11月

Georgia says it has ordered its troops in the breakaway region of South Ossetia to cease fire, after withdrawing its troops from South Ossetia's capital. There was no direct response from Russia to Georgia's offer to negotiate an end to three days of

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

U.S. swimmers had great success at the Athens Olympics four years ago. But they did even better at last year's World Championships in Melbourne, so there are high hopes for a big medal haul in Beijing. 美国游泳选手4年前在雅典奥运会上取得

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, speaking after telephone consultations with big-power foreign ministers, said there has been progress in European mediation efforts on the Russia-Georgia conflict. Rice said Moscow must abide by its stated pr

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

In Beijing, American Michael Phelps has won his third swimming event in as many days, to tie the record for most career Olympic gold medals. Phelps now has nine in his impressive collection. The U.S. swimmer is nearly certain to surpass that total. 美

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

The White House is increasing pressure on Russia to stop the escalating conflict in Georgia's breakaway province of South Ossetia. U.S. President George Bush is speaking out on the crisis while attending the summer Olympic games. 白宫加紧施压,敦

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said Friday it is unlikely that the breakaway regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia will rejoin Georgia after a week of violent clashes. He offered the prediction just before Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili an

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

Pakistani officials say security forces have killed at least 460 al-Qaida-linked militants in a tribal region bordering Afghanistan. The week-long clashes also have left 22 troops dead and forced more than 200,000 people to flee to safer areas. 巴基斯

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

Pro-Palestinian activists have sailed into the Gaza Strip defying an Israeli blockade. 亲巴勒斯坦的活动分子驾船越过以色列的封锁线,进入加沙地带。 After originally saying it would block them, Israel allowed a group of 46 i

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

Democratic vice presidential pick Joseph Biden will take center stage on the third day of the party's National Convention in the western U.S. city of Denver. The veteran senator from Delaware will be one of the headline speakers Wednesday night, alon

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

Libyan officials say hijackers who took over a Sudanese plane and forced it to land in Libya have now surrendered. The officials told reporters the hijackers gave themselves up Wednesday, hours after releasing at least 87 of the plane's passengers. 利

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月