People don't often look back on the early 1900's for advice, but what if we could actually learn something from the Lost Generation? 通常人们不会为了求取生活妙方而去回顾20世纪初的年代,不过如果那个垮掉的一代真的能

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Collecting Debt Ken: Look at this list of customers who still owe us money. How is this business supposed to survive if we keep extending credit? Marjorie: We started doing it because some of our best customers didnt have ready cash. Theyre good for

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之商务英语

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英文歌曲第三辑

Cry if you're hurt, if you're sad or if you're upset It doesn't mean you're weak It is just releasing all the emotions you have inside Afterwards, you'll feel better than before. 如果你受伤、伤心、难过 那就哭出来 这并不表示你很脆

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

27Jotham was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem sixteen years. His mother's name was Jerusha daughter of Zadok. 2He did what was right in the eyes of the Lord , just as his father Uzziah had done, but unlike him he

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 历代志

The Fisherman and the Little Fish A FISHERMAN who lived on the produce of his nets, one day caught a single small Fish as the result of his day's labor. The Fish, panting convulsively, thus entreated

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 有声阅读空间

Emma pressed her hands against her ears, and asked herself some fundamental questions. Why am I here? Am I really making a difference? Why cant she put some clothes on? What is that smell? Where do I want to be right now? She wanted to be in Rome, wi

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(19) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean. Now when you go dancing with young men down at the di

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

The eye cannot look on his dazzling brightness. 眼睛无法注视他那耀眼的光亮。 He seeth all dark places, by night as well as by day. 他看到了所有黑暗的地方,无论在黑夜还是白天。 The light of his countenance is over a

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

I sympathized with him. 我开始有点同情他了。 It must be a hard thing, to be a father; living in fear that your daughter would meet a boy she liked, but also having to worry if she didn't. 对一个父亲来说,这实在是件难事,活在

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

He was walking along the beach. He saw something dark near the water. He walked over to it. It was a bottle. It looked very old. He picked it up. It felt like it was empty. But a cork was in the bottle. He removed the cork. White smoke quickly rose o

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

How do you do it? 这件事你怎么做? Why, every schoolchild knows the answer, You spell out the words. 为什么,每个小学生都知道答案,你拼写出单词。 Yes, all right, but what exactly do you mean? 对,但你到底是什么意思

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 世界小史

The Charcoal-Burner and the FullerA CHARCOAL-BURNER carried on his trade in his own house. One day he met a friend, a Fuller, and entreated him to come and live with him, saying that they should be far better neighbors and that their housekeeping exp

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

MADRID, April 3 (Xinhua) -- Real Sociedad defender Inigo Martinez will be out of action for the rest of the season after damaging his cruciate ligaments last weekend. Martinez was injured during his side' s 4-0 win at home to Rayo Vallecano on Sunday

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, May 12 (Xinhuanet) -- Italian archaeologists(考古学家) are digging the remains of Lisa Gherardini, a 16th-century woman who is widely believed to be the model for the famous portrait Mona Lisa, AFP reported on Wednesday. The team of hist

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Near an apple tree grew a rose bush.The rose bush saw how much she was admired and said,Who can compare with me,and who is as worthy as I am?My flowers look so beautiful and smell so sweet.True,the apple tree is bigger than I,but what p

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

Not a drum was heard, not a funeral note, 没有鼓鸣,没有葬礼哀乐, As his corse to the rampart we hurried; 我们匆忙地,将战友掩埋, Not a soldier discharged his farewell shot 没有枪声,送行英雄, Oer the grave where

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

October 19th, 1781The decisive victory in the Revolutionary War. British troops under Lord Cornwallis surrender to American and French forces at the battle of York town in Virginia. In a peace treaty a few years later Britain officially recognizes th

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2013年

November 9th 1989A sign that the end of the Cold War is near as joyous Germans dance atop the Berlin Wall. Communist East Germany throws open its borders, allowing its citizens to travel freely to the West. 1938What becomes known as Kristallnacht or

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2014年

October 19th 1781The decisive victory in the Revolutionary War, British troops under Lord Cornwallis surrender to American and French forces at the battle of Yorktown in Virginia. In a peace treaty a few years later, Britain officially recognizes the

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2014年