释义(paraphrase)是指舍弃原文中的具体形象,直接解释出原文的意思。在翻译一些具有鲜明民族色彩的词语(如成语、典故)时,如果直译不能使译入语读者明白意思,而加注又使译文太噜嗦

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 北外翻译笔记

'This Is Your Life' is one of the most popular programmes on British and American television. Every week a famous person is invited to a television studio, without knowing that he or she will be the subject of the programme. The compre meets the pers

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语听力第二册

Clerk: Hello, sir. What can I do for you? Customer: Hi. Uh ... I have this ... uh ... cassette player (Mm-hmm.) here that I bought about six months ago. And it just ruined four of my favourite cassettes. Clerk: Oh dear, I'm sorry. Customer: So I ...

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语听力第二册

Announcer: And now over to Marsha Davenport for today's weather forecast. Marsha? Weather reporter: Thanks, Peter. Well, as you can see from the weather map, there's varied weather activity across the United States and Canada today. Let's start with

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语听力第二册

Reporter: And now, Mrs. Skinner, can you tell us your story? What happened at your farm when the earthquake passed? Mrs. Skinner: Oh, it was terrible. I'll never forget it to my dying day. I hope I never see anything like that again. It was terrible.

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语听力第二册

Professor Ernest Watson was answering questions on a radio phone-in programme on the subject of learning a foreign language. Listener: Hello, Professor, can you hear me? Prof W: Yes, we can hear you fine. Listener: My name is Humphries, Albert Humphr

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语听力第二册

A: Did you hear on the news today about that ... uh ... murderer who was executed? B: I can't believe it. A: Yeah. That's the first time in ten years that they've used capital punishment. B: I just can't believe in our society today that they would a

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 北外英语中级听力

Stuart: What did you do last night then? Did you work all night? Judy: Yes, I did some work (Yes) but erm ... I watched a bit of TV ... (Uh-huh) got to relax, you know. Stuart: Did you watch the football? Judy: No, no I didn't. I can't bear football.

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 北外英语中级听力

Catherine has just left school and she wants to find a job. She and her mother have come to speak to the Careers Advisory Officer. Listen to their conversation. Officer: Oh, come in, take a seat. I'm the Careers Officer. You're Cathy, aren't you? Mot

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 北外英语中级听力

Here is a summary of the news. No general election yet says the Prime Minister. Five people die in an earthquake in central Italy. And £1/4 million is stolen from a security van. In a speech in the city of London last night, the Prime Minister anno

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 北外英语中级听力

Doctor: Well Mr. Thomson. The first and important thing I have to tell you is that ... mm ... there is really nothing seriously wrong with you ... physically that is. My ... er ... my very thorough re-examination and the ... the analyst's report show

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 北外英语中级听力

(8) It was, as Bill afterwards expressed it, during a moment of temporary mental apparition, but we didn't find that out till later. 恰如后来比尔说的那样,那阵子简直是一时鬼迷心窍.不过,我们直到后来才明白了这个

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 北外翻译笔记

Interviewer: I understand you're interested in holistic medicine. Can you explain what holistic medicine is? Vivienne: OK. Holistic medicine, um, takes into consideration the whole of the person. Now what this means in, in most holistic systems is re

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 北外英语中级听力

Robert: Now, one of the biggest hurdles to cross in getting a good job is the interview. There's no getting away from it, because in nearly every case when you apply for a job you will be called for one, or sometimes even two, interviews. It's quite

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 北外英语中级听力

Linda: Oh, yes, I remember. We were conducting a survey into the, the needs of disabled people in the borough (Yes) in which I work in London. And we got a request from an old man to go along and, and see him in connection with this survey. Well, som

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 北外英语中级听力

Lesson 19Presenter: This week's financial talk will be given by our property expert, James Milligan, who is here to tell us about some surprising new developments in the London area. James Milligan: Good afternoon. Not so very long ago it would have

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 北外英语中级听力

中级口译 考试时间:30分钟 Part 1 English into Chinese [表示停顿] International Cooperation Against Transnational Organized Crime Organized crime groups pose challenges as never before to societies everywhere. Whether involved in drug t

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

Remarks by U.S. Ambassador to China, Gary Locke 美国驻华大使骆家辉演讲稿 Beijing Foreign Studies University 北京外国语大学 September 9, 2011 2011年9月9日 President Chen, faculty and students of Beijing Foreign Studies University

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

北京外国语大学2012年硕士研究生入学考试试题 招生专业:英语同声传译 科目名称:英汉互译 (考试时间3小时,满分150分,全部写在答题纸上,答在试题页上无效) 一、将下列段落译为汉语

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

讲解 Today's key word is :resign It means to give up one's office or position. To quit.辞职 例句 Mr. Lee resigned his position last month. 李先生上个月辞去了他的职位。 延伸 Now let's learn the word in the news. He Jiong, a teach

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语悠选脱口秀