The 193 numbers of the United Nations are gathering right now. Starting on Tuesday, the International Organization is kicking off it's 73rd Session. This has been called the biggest world stage. Leaders from all over the planet speak here. It's like

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年9月

Today, Monday, September 17, is exactly 50 days away from the 2018 U.S. midterm elections. Americans aren't choosing a president this year. These elections are called midterms because they happen in the middle of a president's four-year term. What vo

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年9月

Jordan Community Radio Station Broadcasts to Syrian Refugees 约旦社区广播电台为叙利亚难民服务 AMMAN The civil war in Syria has displaced more than nine million Syrians of which hundreds of thousands have fled to Jordan. A community ra

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: Democrats may end up flipping 40 House seats this year. Many of that party's wins in the midterms were in the suburbs. Districts around Chicago, Los Angeles, Houston and Oklahoma City all went blue. So how's that going to transla

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Jimmy Liao had a difficult relationship with his short-tempered father. But he fondly remembers the fishing trips he took with his dad each Sunday. Liao is now a fish biologist. He says that fish have taught him how to swim through life's rough curr

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Pennsylvania farmer Tim Stark believes a reasonable amount of stress brings out his best qualities. From NPR News, this is Weekend Edition. I'm Liane Hansen. I believe in mystery. I believe in family. I believe in being who I am. I believe in the po

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Gloria Mengual was treated differently because of epilepsy; one day changed that On Friday mornings, we bring you StoryCorps, the project that collects your stories across the country. And today we will meet Gloria Mengual, who described one thing t

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Chris Huntington believes adoption will make him the father he wants to be I believe in mystery. I believe in family. I believe in being who I am. I believe in the power of failure. And I believe normal life is extraordinary. This I Believe. Once a

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

With $10 and a will to do whatever it took, Larry Young left the farm and set off for college Time now for StoryCorps, recording your stories across the country. Today, how Larry Young went to college. He grew up a farmers son in Tennessee in the 19

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Ed Trinka shares 45 years of memories as a doorman to stars and others at New York's Plaza Hotel It's Friday morning, which means it's time again for StoryCorps, the project that records Americans talking about their lives and talking with each othe

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Jean Thackeray can't forget her brief encounter with a German prisoner-of-war in Utah Time now for StoryCorps, this project has been traveling around the country recording everyday Americans talking about their lives. Today, a story from World War I

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: If you went to the post office this past week, you might have noticed something new - a forever stamp collection featuring illustrations from the children's book The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats. (SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING)

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Hi. This week, I got the chance to sit down with some impressive students at Lorain County Community College in Ohio. One of them was a woman named Andrea Ashley. Two years ago, Andrea lost her job as an HR analyst. Today, shes getting certified in t

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Well, listen, what I just want to say to the reporters who are here: 嗯,听着,我只想对在这里记者们说: You've got three small businesses who are outstanding examples of American entrepreneurship, whether it's food services, retail, constr

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Well, thank you very much. 好的,非常感谢你们。 Let me begin by thanking President Caldern and the Mexican people for their extraordinarily gracious hospitality in this beautiful setting. 首先我要感谢这美丽的环境下的卡尔德隆总

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

This week, I spent some time talking with college students about how we can make higher education more affordable. 本周,我花了一些时间和大学生谈论如何才能使高等教育更能负担得起。 And one of the things I told them was ho

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

It is a great pleasure to welcome President Karzai to my hometown of Chicago after he extended hospitality to me during my visit to to Kabul recently. 很高兴欢迎卡尔扎伊总统来到我的故乡芝加哥, 而最近在我访问喀布尔期间他

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Hi, everybody. Over the last few weeks, there's been a lot of talk about Medicare, with a lot of accusations and misinformation flying around. 嗨,各位好,在过去的几个星期里,医保法案成为了人们争相谈论的话题,而夹杂在

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Hi, everybody. 嗨,大家好。 I'm here in Ohio, where I've spent the past couple days talking with folks about our central challenge as a country. 我现在正在俄亥俄州, 我在过去的几天里与人们谈论关于我们的中央面临的挑战

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

During the interview, Yang Jiechi addressed the question of whether Asia-Pacific countries need to take sides between the two Pacific powers. I do believe that no country needs to take sides between China and the United States because President Xi sa

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台