The leading Republican presidential candidates will be back on the same stage for a second debate this time in Simi Valley, California. Therell be one addition former CEO Carly Fiorina, the only woman seeking the GOP nomination. But as NPRs Mara Lias

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

Tony Gargagliano's father came to New York from Italy and held on to many of his Old World ways Time again for StoryCorps, the project that is travelling the country recording your stories. Today it's hailed from New York City, that is where Cathie

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Businessman Jeffrey Hollender believes being present isn't easy but it is the best way to live life I believe in mystery. I believe in family. I believe in being who I am. I believe in the power of failure. And I believe normal life is extraordinary

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Special effects make Hasbro's toys hugely engaging -- but the humans keep slowing the film down It must be summer because a new Michael Bay film is in theaters. He directed Armageddon, The Rock, Pearl Harbor, and now Transformers. Los Angeles Times

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

For Vietnam veteran Brian Delate, saying goodbye to a wartime friend came after the fighting had ceased. We turn now to a US soldier from another war, Brian Delate fought in Vietnam. When his teenage daughter had some questions about his service dur

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Social worker Laura Shipler Chico is about to have her first baby. In naming the traits she and her husband hope the child will posses, she believes she will discover the things she values the most. I believe in mystery. I believe in family. I belie

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Peg Steinberg was diagnosed not once but twice with cancer. Through the difficult times of bouncing in and out of good health, Peg and her son, Dan, recall the source of their strength: family unity. Time again for StoryCorps, where friends and love

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Psychologist Barbara Held of Maine believes that a little kvetching makes for a better outlook on life. I believe in mystery. I believe in family. I believe in being who I am. I believe in the power of failure. And I believe normal life is extraordi

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

THE PRESIDENT: Hi everyone. As you gather with family and friends this weekend, Michelle, Malia, Sasha and I and of course Bo want to wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. THE FIRST LADY: This is such a wonderful time of year. Its a time t

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

For millions of Americans, this weekend is a time to celebrate redemption at Gods hand. Tonight, Jews will gather for a second Seder, where they will retell the story of the Exodus. And tomorrow, my family will join Christians around the world as we

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Over the last few months, Ive been talking about a choice we face as a country. We can either settle for an economy where a few people do really well and everyone else struggles to get by, or we can build an economy where hard work pays off again whe

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Hello. This week, I traveled across the country to talk about my all-of-the-above energy strategy for America a strategy where we produce more oil and gas here at home, but also more biofuels and fuel-efficient cars; more solar power and wind power a

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Over the past three years, we've been clawing our way back from the worst economic crisis of our lifetimes. 过去三年来,我们一直在我们的一生中经历过的最严重的经济危机中缓慢恢复。 And we know it will take longer than a

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Thank you very much, Mr. President. 非常感谢您,总统先生。 We, in fact, did have a candid, thoughtful and thorough conversation on a whole range of bilateral and international issues. 实际上,我们在一系列的双边和国际问题上确实

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(17) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Thank you. Thank you so much. 谢谢你们。非常感谢你们。 Thank you, Chuck, for that very kind introduction. 谢谢你,查克,谢谢你非常热情的介绍。 Chuck is a proud police officer, hes the proud parent of a police officer, and he

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Well, I just want to not only welcome Secretary General Rasmussen to my hometown of Chicago -- my understanding is hes already enjoyed some of the sights, 嗯,我想不仅仅是欢迎秘书长拉斯穆森来到我的家乡芝加哥,我的理解是他喜

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: Now it's time for more Twitter poetry. Here's one from Dave Paulsen in Minnesota. DAVE PAULSEN: String cheese. You think you're so smart, shedding your skin like a cylindrical reptile. Take heed, though, little dairy product. You

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Hi, everybody. 嗨,各位好。 Over the past year, as I traveled across the country campaigning for this office, I told you that if I was fortunate enough to be re-elected, I'd work to change a tax code that too often benefited the wealthy at the

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

This weekend, millions of our fellow Americans are still picking up the pieces from one of the worst storms in our history. 这个周末,数百万美国同胞们在经历我国历史上最严重的飓风之后仍然在收拾残局。 I toured New J

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Every year around this time, American car companies start rolling out their newest, shiniest models, hoping to entice you into buying one. 每年的这个时节,美国的汽车厂商们都会拿出自己的看家本领,推出自己最新最炫的车

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话