Grammar Girl here. About a month ago I answered a bunch of short listener questions, and I promised I'd answer a few more short ones soon. Well, today's the day! Use to Versus Used to Hi, Grammar Girl. This is Barrett in Nantucket on Nantucket Island

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

There are times when you make me laugh There are moments when you drive me mad there are seconds when I see the light though many times you made me cry There's something you don't understand I want to

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 100首英语歌

亲爱的妈妈,我很想你:Mama Il Divo mama thank you for who i am thank you for all the things i'm not forgive me for the words unsaid for the times i forgot mama remember all my life you showed me love, you sacrificed think of those young an

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

RIO DE JANEIRO, March 18 (Xinhua) -- Retired soccer star Ronaldo on Sunday revealed his aspirations of entering the world of politics and becoming the next president of the Brazilian Confederation of Soccer (CBF). With the sudden and unexpected resig

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

We spend an awful lot of time doing some pretty boring stuff. And it all adds up. 我们花了大量的时间去做一些很无聊的事情,而这一切加起来花掉了我们大量的时间。 A minute spent brushing your teeth comes to 21 days o

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

一位伟大而又平凡的父亲,一封情真意切的信。父亲的忠告,送给他三岁大的爱子,同时也启示所有人:人生是一段美妙的旅程,虽然会有阴雨,重要的是学会爱,学会享受生活,从而快乐一

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

Many times, we find it very amusing to see people who can keep a smile on their face all the time. Its kind of annoying isnt it? Thats because were not aware of the advantages of having a positive attitude all the time. Lets unravel some top tips on

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

8 Ways to Stay Thankful in Hard Times 艰难岁月也要满怀感恩之心的八种方式 Being thankful is especially valuable in challenging times. Gratitude is actually medically proven to lift our spirits and improve our health. Discover how a li

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

小编导读:第67届艾美奖已完美落下帷幕。这是可是美剧(还有部分英剧)界的最大盛世。今天除了《权力的游戏》大获全胜,《副总统》和《透明人生》成为了本届最大两匹黑马。不过关于艾美

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

2007年高考试题英语听力(广东卷)录音稿 听第一段对话,回答第 13 题。 1.Whatdoesthegirlwantherfathertobuy7 A.Aruler.B.High-techthings.C.Pencilsanderasers. 2.Whichofthefollowingdoesthefatherconsiderbuyingforhisdaughter? A.Ac

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 历年高考英语听力

Crying Lightning Arctic Monkeys Sat in the caf by the cracker factory We were practicing our magic trick And my thoughts got rude As you talked and chewed On the last of your pick and mix Said your mistaken if you thinking that I am gun' go cold befo

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

离婚后的Pink又重新恢复了她的硬女郎形象,连新单曲的名字都透着满不在乎的劲头《那又怎样》(So What)。那又怎样?!我还是个摇滚明星!我有我的摇滚乐,我根本不需要你!看到了吧,歌词

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 天籁音乐

Baby girl lay your body down on the bed Let me cater to you And all them fantasies going on in your head Imma do em to you I know what you plan to do girl Youre just like an animal So just do whats so natural to you Cause you dont know how many times

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

The average job interview is usually an incredibly stressful occasion at the best of times, as you battle it out with other candidates all vying for the same position. But in leaner economic times when more applicants are going for fewer jobs, compan

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Young men will go to great lengths, 年轻人对这种刺激。 to have that experience. 的感受更加深刻。 It's wired into us. 这种感觉输入到我们体内。 It's hormonally supported. 伴随着激素的作用。 The mortality rate for y

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

And yet there's a proposal, of course, to build a pipeline to take huge tankers, 10 times the size of the Exxon Valdez, 然而,其中一项提案是-当然-建造输油管供应比Exxon Valdez大10倍的巨型油轮装载原油, through some

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

I think we have to do something about a piece of the culture of medicine that has to change. 我觉得在当今的医学文化中,有一部份文化必须要开始改变。 And I think it starts with one physician, and that's me. 而这个改变可以

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

I was on a three-month road trip this summer. 今年夏天我度了三个月的假。 It was something that I've been dreaming about doing my whole life, 这是我一生梦寐以求的东西, just driving around the U.S. and Canada and just figurin

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

May 21 5月21日 Read it! 读读看! Abby and Rob are excited about going to Funtimes Amusement Park. 雅碧和罗柏对于要到欢乐时光乐园深感兴奋, They will spend the whole day there. 他们会在那里待上一整天。 They will r

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

[6] One group, led by John Matese, professor of physics at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, confirms the notion that it is most likely to be a brown dwarf, a star that never accumulated enoug

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间