The United States is working with its partner, Rwanda, to help children read. On February 16, the United States Agency for International Development, or USAID, held a launch event at Groupe Scolaire Kinyinya to highlight the U.S. government's Early G

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(三月)

我支持你! I support you. 我支持你。 I'll stand by you. 我会帮助你。 I'm with you all the way. 我会一直支持你。 I'm behind you all the way. 我随时在后面支持你。 I'm t

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

WASHINGTONThe long battle for the Republican presidential nomination has now ended, settling on a new leader of the Republican Party: Donald Trump. Republicans nationwide reacted with a mix of disbelief, anger and grudging acceptance Wednesday, revea

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Arafat Seeks Support From China Jim Randle Beijing 24 Aug 2001 14:35 UTC Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat says he is ready to begin peace talks with Israel but he says the other side does not seem rea

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(5)

Lifelong friends: Supportive co-workers helped to increase life expectancy, the study found Getting along with your fellow workers can significantly increase your lifespan, according to a new university report. A 20-year study found that people who r

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

今天我们要学的词是last-ditch。 Last-ditch, 是最后防线的意思。 A death-row inmate pinned his last-ditch hope on the governor's pardon, 死刑犯把最后一线希望寄托于州长的特赦。 The candidates made their last-ditch ap

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

u Shan and her partner are raising 5-month-old twins together, but only one of the women is their legal parent. That could soon change as Taiwan appears set to become the first place in Asia to legalize same-sex marriage. 台湾台北(美联社)-苏

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A handful of nuts a day can keep hunger at bay and beat belly fat, according to scientists. This is the first time a link between eating nuts and higher levels of serotonin - a substance that decreases appetite, boosts happiness and improves heart he

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Voice Plate Productions is staging Forever Michael fan event Saturday at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, Calif., but some have wondered if it was legitimate or done with the family's approval. In a video posted on YouTube, Katherine Jackson appe

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

CANBERRA, Feb. 3 (Xinhua) -- Australia's University of Newcastle (UON) on Friday announced the establishment of a scholarship program supported by China's Jack Ma Foundation. Jack Ma Foundation will give US$20 million (AU$26.4 million) to fund a firs

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, Dec. 27 (Xinhua) -- China's top sports official said here on Wednesday that more favorable policies and financial support will be provided for the development of the popular ball sports, especially football, by the government. Liu Peng, dire

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

英语日常对话出口成章 for/from want of 由于缺少 The flowers died from want of water. 这些花由于缺少水而枯死了。 Some of the wounded soldiers died for want of medicine. 有些士兵因为缺乏药物而死去。 for the use o

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

秘鲁,法国签署防务协议 LIMA, Nov. 4 (Xinhua) -- Peru and France signed here Monday two cooperation agreements on defense and protection of information and sensitive materials, said the Defense Ministry. The deals were signed by Peruvian De

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

I'monyourside. 我全力支持你。 例句: Isupportyou,I'monyourside. 我支持你,我站在你这边。 Don'tworry,I'monyourside. 别担心,我全力支持你。 Comeon,dear,I'monyourside. 加油,亲爱的,我支持你。 Nomatterwhathap

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

投资者考察企业时,管理是最为重要的因素。没有一支优秀的管理团队和有效的组织模式,科技成果不可能和资本很好结合创造现实的生产力。一般需要介绍的管理人员有:总裁、常务副总裁

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

America and the Middle East 美国和中东 Back to Iraq 重返伊拉克 By combining military force with political brinkmanship, America is making some headway 通过对地缘政治和军事力量的结合,美国正取得一些进展 AMERICA'S las

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

One thing you simply cannot ignore about your relationship is that there is another person in your life. Your partner is someone you have to care for, think about regularly, support and comfort. 在恋爱中有件不可忽视的事,就是在你的生

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Two men in their 70s are candidates in the Nigerian presidential election on Saturday. Yet half of the countrys registered voters are young people between 18 and 35 years of age. The two men are well-known to voters. It is the fifth election campaign

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Hello and Welcome to News and Reports on China Radio International. In This Edition Defense ministers and military officials from Asia- Pacific countries gathering at the Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore agree that dialogue and cooperation, not confr

发表于:2019-02-28 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 2011CRI中国国际广播电台

1. 喜欢和人打交道,还是和机器? Some people prefer work or activities that mainly involve working with people. Others choose work or activities that mainly involve working with objects or machines. Compare these types of activities. Which

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语