A new report by the International Labor Organization, ILO, says child labor, especially in its worst forms, is in decline for the first time across the globe. Between 2000 and 2004, the ILO report finds the number of child laborers worldwide fell by

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

Those mothers who marry younger were significantly more likely to have ... infant and child malnutrition. - Anita Raj Child marriage has been outlawed in India for years. Women cannot legally marry before they reach the age of 18. Yet the practice pe

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Due to China's One Child Policy adopted in 1979, millions of families gave birth to only one child. If such families lose the child, or the child becomes disabled after the parents lose their childbearing ability, they will become a Shi Du Jia Ting,

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Disinheriting a Child Vince: Thats it! Ive had it with Daniel defying me at every turn. I want him to follow in my footsteps and study law, but he wants to be an artist. He dates girls I dont approve of. But this! This is beyond the bounds of what Il

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之就医和人际交往

All you remember about your child being twelve is sitting in the stands during baseball practice and hoping your child's team would strike out fast because you had more important things to do at home. The coach didn't understand how busy you were. Yo

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

DEVELOPMENT REPORT – January 28, 2002: UNICEF Child Sex Report By Jill Moss This is the VOA Special English Development Report. A new report by the United Nations Children’s Fund, UNICEF, says mil

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

THIS IS AMERICA - Not Just Child's Play: The World of Video and Computer Games By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Monday, December 05, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special Engli

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

Them that's got shall have Them that's not shall lose So the Bible said and it still is news Mama may have, Papa may have But God bless the child that's got his own That's got his own Yes, the strong gets more While the weak ones fade Empty pockets d

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 美国偶像 American Idol

In many cases, parents abduct their own children when marriages fail and return home where local laws protect them. In some cases the abducted children never see the other parent again. MacKenzie Babb | Washington 21 January 2010 Child abduction is o

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Mobilizing to End Child Hunger Ending child hunger is the goal of a meeting here in Washington Monday. Government officials, nutrition and health experts and members of civil society from around the world are promoting the 1,000 Days Partnership. The

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

Why Child Marriage Persists In Mexico ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: The world has made huge strides in ending child marriage over the past few decades. Back in the 1980s, 1 of every 3 young women were married as teenagers worldwide. Today, it's fewer than 1 in

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Thirty-year-old Wang Dongyu is a full-time housewife with a 3-year-old son. Both she and her husband are the only child of their family. Wang says it is not unexpected for a woman who just few years ago still crazed about Hello Kitty dolls and South

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

As of the end of 2014, the number of people over 60 years old in China had reached 212 million, accounting for 15.5 percent of the total population. Of the 212 million, around one-in-five were considered either disabled or partially-disabled. Relaxat

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

英文歌词: The Milky Way upon the heavens is twinkling just for you. And Mr. Moon, he came by to say good-night to you. I'll sing for you. I'll sing for Mother. We're praying for the world and for the people every here. We gonna show them all we car

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

25 A conversation between a child and God Anonymous Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born. One day he asked God: They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, How am I going to live there being so small and helpless? GOD replied,

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 希望长着翅膀

Currently, one in ten Chinese citizens is 65 or above. And this proportion is likely to increase to one third by the year of 2050. Meanwhile, the working population is also aging. Wang Jun, professor at Sun Yat-Sen University, says this trend would p

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

应景好歌:Sarah Story---What child is this圣诞EP歌曲放送 歌词: What child is this, who laid to rest on Mary's lap is sleeping? whom angels greet with anthems sweet while shepherds watch are keeping? This, this is Christ the King whom s

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

创作才女Christina Perri全新专辑《Head Or Heart》来袭!她曾凭借一首《Jar Of Hearts》虏获了众多乐迷的心,一首《暮光之城》中的感人爱情见证曲《A Thousand Year》走红全球。她那充满磁性的嗓音,让

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

So dear child, my child, Has it been so long since you could force a smile? Sore state, long face You are wondering if it's right to leave this place With light, steps, and eyes towards the moon, her words have pierced the sky Over the ground where h

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for todays Spotlight. Im Joshua Leo. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Todays Spotlight is

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight