A: Did you just move into town? B: I moved in almost a month ago. A: How many children do you have? B: I have one child. A: How old is your child? B: Shes seven years old. A: So shes a second grader. B: Thats correct. A: I believe we do still have ro

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-邻居

Adopting a Child Scott: Hi, I thought Id stop by to pick up those chairs I wanted to borrow. Roberta: Oh, sure. Here they are. Scott: What are you doing? Roberta: Im looking through the material we got on adoption. Scott: Are you and Robert thinking

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

Afghan Insurgents Recruit Child Suicide Bombers Throughout the war in Afghanistan, insurgents have modified their tactics to adapt to the changing battlefield. In the past year, fighters have disguised themselves in burqas, hidden bombs in turbans, a

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

US Waivers Could Send Mixed Signals on Use of Child Soldiers STATE DEPARTMENT President Barack Obama has waived restrictions against providing military aid to six countries cited this year for using child soldiers. The countries, mostly in Africa, we

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十月)

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: And experience in a country with enormous numbers of war wounds has led to techniques that heal them more quickly. A Harvard team developed the new technologies. NPR's Jon Hamilton reports the work was inspired by one scientist's

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

078 The Virgin Mary's child A long time ago there lived a poor woodcutter and his wife. This couple had a daughter. However, they were so poor that they couldn't even feed their daughter. Then one day, while the woodcutter was chopping wood in the fo

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(242) / 评论(0) 分类 100个儿童英语小故事

The sick childChild. O mother, lay your hand on my brow! O mother, mother, where am I now? Why is the room so gaunt and great? Why am I lying awake so late? Mother. Fear not at all: the night is still. Nothing is here that means you ill. Nothing but

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

电影《狼人之恋》的主题插曲。在婴儿降生时,有种源于自然的眼神,那种纯朴的哭声,是来自天堂的声音,很美! 这是一首十分舒缓抒情的音乐,Johnny Mathis那富有磁性的声线将它演绎成了经典。Thank Heaven(感谢上帝)Johnny Mathis 适时地给我送来了他那美妙的音乐,一

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 电影英文歌曲

Health Report - Child Vaccine Efforts Get Big Boost This is the VOA Special English Health Report. International donors have promised more than four billion dollars to the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization. That group, known as the GAVI A

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(六)月

IN THE NEWS - South Sudans Army Promises to Free Child Soldiers 新闻报道 - 南苏丹政府军承诺释放儿童兵 This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. 这里是美国之音慢速英语新闻报道。 This week, the army of South Sudan sig

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Study: Uneven Progress in Child Nutrition A new study estimates fewer than half of developing countries are likely to reach the Millennium Development Goal to reduce child hunger. It says about 110 million children worldwide are moderately or severel

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(七月)

Joe DeCapua 27 April 2010 Sub-Saharan Africas maternal and child mortality rate remains high despite an overall worldwide reduction, according to The Lancet medical journal. About 350,000 women die annually from child-birth related accidents. As a re

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

Child poverty in Japan is increasing at a surprising rate. That is the assessment from a senior government researcher studying the country's economic decline. Aya Abe says 15 percent of Japanese children live in poverty and the government is not doin

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Ending Use of Child Soldiers in Somalia This week, Somali government officials agreed to begin taking steps to end the recruitment of child soldiers. The Transitional Federal Government, or TFG, and the al Shabab militant group, are cited by the Unit

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

Indian Girls Rise Up Against Child Marriage Bitika Das is concentrating on her school work. The 16-year-old girl from a small village in West Bengal state knows this opportunity to study is one that was nearly lost two years ago when her parents arra

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

Child Soldiers The Life After With U.S. forces now helping in the hunt for LRA rebels in Central Africa, closure may be at hand for thousands of former child soldiers. One estimate says the LRA abducted more than 20,000 children in Northern Uganda ov

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

Findings Could Help Slash Child Malnutrition Child malnutrition is a global problem. It exists even in rich countries. It affects a large number of children in Asia, especially in south Asia. In parts of the world, such as sub-Saharan Africa, it thre

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(七月)

The so-called one-child policy was brought into law in the late 1970's as a way to limit population growth, given that the economy at the time was just starting to open up to the outside world, and the domestic resources, particularly in urban areas,

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

恩雅的歌曲具有浓厚的爱尔兰凯尔特民族音乐的特点,旋律优美而深邃,超凡脱俗,神秘圣洁,给人以无限的遐想。她的声音,只有用天籁才能形容。 Wild Child 歌手:Enya 专辑:A Day Without Rain Wild Child Music: Eithne N赤 Bhraon芍in - Lyrics: Roma Ryan Ever clos

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

UN's 'Every Woman Every Child' Program Saves Lives A year ago, the United Nations launched a global campaign called Every Woman, Every Child, a public health project aimed at reducing the number of women dying from pregnancy and childbirth-related co

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)