This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Think of your family or friends. How well would those relationships work without trust -- or with a broken trust? Tiger Woods considers a difficult shot from deep grass during the 2009 U.S. Open Recently, F

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十二)月

When the children reached home, they all went into the den and sat down. You know, Jessie said, I wonder whether Mr. Farley is deliberately trying to scare us. He talks about the ghost so much. Why would he want to scare us? Violet asked. I have no i

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 31 The Mystery of the Singing

Suddenly, Benny sniffed. I smell something sweet like perfume. I smell it, too, Jessie said. Its like roses, Henry said. Its coming from the living room, Violet said. The children hurried into the living room. There they saw something they didnt expe

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 31 The Mystery of the Singing

[00:51.32]So tell me. How was Hawaii? 夏威夷好玩吗? [00:53.76]- It was unbelievable. - Oh, yeah? -太赞了 -是吗? [00:57.68]- Well, what happened? - I met this guy. -有艳遇啦? -我遇到一个男人 [00:59.52]It was the best week o

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-初恋50次

The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle. My miracle was I wound up living across the street from Margo Roth Spiegelman. She was ______1_________ creature that God ever created. Margo's life was a series of unbelievably epic adventures. Are you g

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

The next morning, the Aldens got up and fixed a breakfast of orange juice, cold cereal, toast with strawberry jam, and milk. When they had eaten and cleaned up the kitchen, they ran down to the boxcar. It was almost the same as when they had lived in

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 31 The Mystery of the Singing

The Alden children and their cousins Joe and Alice Alden stood in front of an old house on the edge of Greenfield. They looked up and down at the three-story, gray-shingled home. It needed painting. The porch steps were broken and the windows on each

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 31 The Mystery of the Singing

AS IT IS 2016-09-22 U.S. Mistakenly Offers Citizenship to Hundreds 美国错误地向数百人提供公民身份 A United States government agency mistakenly offered citizenship to over 800 immigrants who had been ordered to leave the country. 一家美

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

USAID Administrator Rajiv Shah (r) and Richard Holbrooke, Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, testify on Capitol Hill in Washington, 28 Jul 2010 A vote by the House of Representatives on emergency funding for the war in Afghanistan h

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

Global financier George Soros will give $100 million to Human Rights Watch. U.S. financier George Soros has made a $100-million matching grant to Human Rights Watch through his New York-based Open Society Foundations. The global recession has taken a

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(九)月

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: A new play in New York centers on Palestinian militants who hid from the Israeli army for over a month in 2002 inside Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity. NPR's Neda Ulaby reports that The Siege, not surprisingly, is controversial

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: Wonder Woman opens this weekend. It's the first superhero film headed by women both in front of and behind the camera. In a moment, NPR's Mandalit del Barco reports on the director's lifelong affection for the character, but firs

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: It would be one of the Washington area's biggest construction projects in years. The FBI is hoping to move out of its aging headquarters and into a safer, more modern campus somewhere in the D.C. suburbs. One of the real estate c

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

JEFFREY BROWN:Now, assessing the value of a college education. It's an old question being debated anew in these difficult economic times. We taped our discussion yesterday and began with some background. It's the time of year for happy graduates and

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈教育系列

Todd: So, greg you were saying you had brothers and they always picked on you like all older brothers do. Do you have any stories about your brothers used to do to you? Greg: Ah, yes, you know I think back on some of the crazy fights we had and it is

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

An estimated eight million people in Britain enjoy rambling in the Peak District every year. But what many who enjoy outdoor pursuits don't know is that their right to roam was won by men who sacrificed their own freedom to gain access to the country

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Mari: Hi, Ron. I met your brother Michael and I learned that you're a triplet. So what is it like being a triplet? Ron: Yes, I am a triplet. It's a good thing. I'm very close with my brothers, both of them. One of my brother's name is Michael and the

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Though studies show that telling people that payment encourages organ donations increases support for legalising payments, other examples work in the opposite way. 尽管研究表明,告诉人们付款鼓励器官捐赠增加了对合法化支付的支

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

March 30th, 1912 1912年3月30日 To the Editor of The Times. 致泰晤士报的编辑 Sir, After reading Sir Almroth Wright's able and weighty exposition of women as he knows them, the question seems no longer to be Should women have votes? but Ough

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(254) / 评论(0) 分类 见信如晤Letters Live

MORI ROTHMAN: Battalion chief Mike Brown has been fighting fires in California for 26 years. But he's never seen a fire quite like the Blue Cut Fire in southern California's San Bernardino county, 60 miles east of Los Angeles. MIKE BROWN: It was like

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(144) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列