Pete was in his kitchen. He was about to slice three green apples. He liked to eat fresh apples with cinnamon sprinkled on them. He opened the blinds so that he could get more sunlight into the kitchen. Now he could see what he was doing. He grabbed

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得 10 到 30 积分的奖励 ! Thank you !

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 牙齿和爪子.Tooth.And.Claw

AMERICAN STORIES - Rappaccini's Daughter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, Part 2 Now, the Special English program, AMERICAN STORIES. Today, we complete the story Rappaccinis Daughter. It was written by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Here is Kay Gallant with the second

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(九)月

A: A letter came for you in the mail. B: Give it here. A: Whats the letter about? B: I think its my acceptance letter from UCLA. A: Did you get in? B: I got in! A: Youre not kidding? B: They really let me in. A: Congratulations! B: I really wanted to

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

The first-ever summit dedicated to a single animal brought world leaders, officials and conservation groups to Russia last week. The International Tiger Conservation Forum in St. Petersburg convened in the waning days of the Chinese Year of the Tiger

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

By Slobodan Svrzo and Alen Mlatisuma Washington, DC 23 January 2006 watch Ratko Mladic report The chief United Nations prosecutor says war crimes suspect Ratko Mladic is hiding in Serbia under the pro

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(一月)

By Victoria Cavaliere New York 06 June 2007 A young film festival in New York City is showcasing Bosnian filmmakers to a growing U.S. audience. From VOA's New York bureau, Victoria Cavaliere reports that the Bosnian-Herzegovinian Film Festival is al

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)

Searching for Animal Disease Transmission Researchers are not waiting for the next new disease to emerge. Theyre studying our near and distant primate relatives to try to prevent future epidemics. HIV/AIDS is a well-known zoonotic disease, an illness

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

Learning About Farm Animals at Houston Livestock Show This is where cows get all prettied up for judging or auction. For families from farms and ranches, being around these animals is part of everyday life. But they are in the minority, says the Hous

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

Johnny Depp reunites with his Pirates of the Caribbean director, Gore Verbinski, for a witty animated western set in a dusty frontier town where all the inhabitants are animals - talking animals, of course. Here's a look at Rango. Here in the Mojave

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

U.N. aid agencies report the humanitarian situation in Northern Yemen is worsening. They say fighting between Yemeni government forces and al Houthi rebels is continuing to escalate and approximately 119,000 people have been displaced. Displaced Yem

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(八月)

(SOUNDBITE OF VALERIE JUNE SONG, JUST IN TIME) SCOTT SIMON, HOST: The passage of time weaves through Valerie June's new album, The Order Of Time. (SOUNDBITE OF SONG, JUST IN TIME) VALERIE JUNE: (Singing) Take my breath away and you put me down, teach

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

By Catherine Maddux Washington 18 January 2006 African leaders gather next week for an African Union summit amid a major setback in the fledgling organization's peacekeeping mission in Sudan's western

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(一月)

英语作文 Directions: It is reported that many universities in China have begun to charge students for tuition. Should university students in China pay their own tuition ? State two opposite opinions and illustrate them in detail. Write an essay of a

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

By Gary Thomas Washington 11 May 2006 A published news report says the National Security Agency has been gathering domestic telephone records to look for terrorists. The report, which attributes the i

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

When time was young we walked the roads together When love was sweet i meant the world to you Now comes the sun we'll say goodbye forever And teardrops will kiss the morning dew Take me and make me your lover one more time Close in your arms as befo

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

By Jim Teeple Jerusalem 08 May 2008 Israelis from all walks of life celebrated their country's 60th anniversary with military parades, musical concerts and the favorite Israeli Independence Day pastime: barbeques. VOA's Jim Teeple reports the celebra

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(303) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(五月)

Politicians in Russia often cite public opinion polls that indicate a solid 70 percent majority of voters support the country's leadership. But a sociologist at a major Russian opinion survey firm says those numbers fail to represent the actual relat

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

GQ magazine is marking the 10th anniversary with its annual Man of the Year issue. And this year, there are three separate covers, one featuring actor Vince Vaughn, another with popular recording arti

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

今天我们要学的词是unique。 Unique, 独特的。 A unique opportunity, 少有的机会。 A unique style, 别具特色的风格。圣诞节一大早,是孩子们拆礼物的好时候。 Parents are all looking for that unique Christmas gif

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃