A: You got a letter in the mail. B: Give it to me. A: What is it? B: Its my acceptance letter from UCLA. A: What does it say? B: Ive been accepted! A: Are you serious? B: Im serious. A: Good for you! B: NYU was my first choice, but UCLA is just fine.

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

A: You received a letter in the mail. B: Give it here. A: Whos the letter from? B: I think its my acceptance letter from NYU. A: I want to know what it says. B: They didnt accept me. A: Are you serious? B: Its the truth. A: Are you okay? B: I really

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

A: You got a letter in the mail. B: Give it to me. A: What is it? B: Its from NYU. A: What does it say? B: I didnt get accepted. A: You cant be serious! B: Im serious. A: Are you all right? B: NYU was my first choice. A: Im sorry that you didnt get i

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

A: Theres a letter here for you. B: Let me see it. A: Whats the letter about? B: Its a letter from NYU. A: Tell me what it says! B: I didnt get in. A: Youre lying. B: Im not lying. A: Are you upset? B: I had high hopes for NYU. A: Im sorry you didnt

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

ENVIRONMENT REPORT - September 27, 2002: Chronic Wasting Disease in Animals in U.S. By Mario Ritter This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Chronic wasting disease is infecting large anima

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

Matthew: Hi, everybody. My name's Matthew White and I'm here interviewing Mary Birch-Harmon, who we lovingly call MB. MB, we know you go on lots of trips for Habitat For Humanity. Could you please explain exactly what is Habitat? MB: Sure. Habitat Fo

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

There are many dangerous animals in Australia like the crocodile for example. When I was in Australia I saw many crocodiles when I was in the north and they did look very scary with their big jaws and lots of teeth. It was quite scary. We saw them fr

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: So, Aaron, in America we have this image of Australia being very rugged and all these dangerous animals. So is that true? Aaron: It's not so true, but it's not so wrong. The three main animals that are dangerous in Australia, one is the crocodi

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

By Sarah Simpson Oshogbo, Nigeria 02 September 2007 The dominant religions in Nigeria are Islam and Christianity, imported to West Africa generations ago. But traditional African religion has not been forgotten, especially among the Yoruba ethnic gro

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

IN THE NEWS – February 2, 2002: Bush’s State of the Union By Caty Weaver This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, IN THE NEWS. On Tuesday, President Bush gave his first State of t

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

Agriculture Report - Groups Press for US Ban on Antibiotics in Healthy Animals This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Antibiotics are used to cure bacterial infections. But about fifty years ago, farmers started to give small amounts of

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(六)月

By Carolyn Weaver Washington, DC 20 January 2006 watch Women Museum report It may be the only museum of its kind in the world. The National Museum of Women in the Arts was established 25 years ago to

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(一月)

GadhafiLoyalistsFleeinConvoytoNiger Reports that a large convoy of Moammar Gadhafi's supporters has fled Libya for Niger have angered many in the Libyan capital. Citizens want to see their former leader and those around him facing justice at home. A

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

Hollywood: State of the Union Expectations Hollywood is known for its ties to the movie industry. So it draws tourists from all over the world. But on Hollywood's back streets, people live and work around sound stages and production studios. Some wil

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(二月)

Todd: Marion, at the school you work at, do the children wear uniforms? Marion: Yes they do. Todd: Ah, that's terrible. Marion: Do you think so? Todd: Yeah. Marion: I think it's a good thing that they wear uniforms. For them, and for their parents to

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

According to a new study more people live in poverty in eight Indian states than in 26 of sub-Saharan Africa's poorest countries. The creators of the new study said the level of poverty in South Asia compared to Africa was a surprising discovery. The

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

By Teri Schultz Brussels 16 May 2007 The European Union has agreed to grant duty-free and quota-free market access to some 80 countries from the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) areas. There is still much debate on both sides of the accord, but E

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

Todd: Now, Michael, I think you grew up California, right? Mike: No, I didn't. Todd: You didn't! Mike: No. Todd: I thought you were from Santa Barbara. Mike: No, no. I was born in Cincinnati and I grew up, I grew up there and I lived from my teenage

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: Miki, you went to UC Berkeley, a very famous university in the U.S. What is your university like? Why is it famous? Miki: Why is it famous? Well, I suppose historically it's kind of famous, recent history, because it was a center for the freedo

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Robin Basselin. Voice 2 And Im Ryan Geertsma. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 A young woman stands on a f

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight