Our story today is called Rappaccinis Daughter. It was written by Nathaniel Hawthorne. We will tell the story in two parts. Here is Kay Gallant with the first part of our story. (MUSIC) KAY GALLANT: Many years ago, a young man named Giovanni Guascont

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

传说年是一只很可怕的怪兽。因为它很怕热又喜欢睡觉,所以平常都住在山里,而且它一睡就是一整年,到了年底的时候才会醒来。醒来以后,它就会下山找东西吃,无论是人或动物它都吃。人们都很怕这只怪兽,所以只好带家人到别的地方躲起来,等到年走了以后才敢回家。后来

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英文故事剧

A: Heres a letter for you. B: Let me see it. A: Whos the letter from? B: Its a letter from UCLA about my acceptance. A: Read it! B: UCLA accepted me! A: Really? B: Im not joking. I got accepted! A: Im so happy for you! B: UCLA was my second choice, b

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

Experts: La Ni?a, Climate Change Impact East African Drought Experts say the Pacific ocean phenomenon known as La Ni?a is partly to blame for the drought ravaging the Horn of Africa. But while the latest La Ni?a episode has ended, climate scientists

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

Amber: Hello, I'm Amber and you're listening to bbclearningenglish.com. In Entertainment today, we visit the largest art event in the Arab world - the Sharjah Art Biennial in the United Arab Emirates. (A biennial is an event that happens every 2 yea

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

If you love animals, then you should put World Animal Day on your calendar or in your diary. It takes place each year on the 4th of October. It all started in Italy in 1931 at an ecology conference. The scientists wanted to highlight the plight of en

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

经典语境背诵 Mom: My husband is alergic to some animals especially monkeyes. Everytime we go to the zoo he would refuse to go to see the circus performance with me, which is my favorite. Thats really funny. He is such a grownup. But, how could

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

Manchester United Football Club is the biggest brand in world football and the worlds richest club. The English Premier League club was founded as Newton Heath in 1878 and changed its name to Manchester United in 1902. It is one of the most successfu

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

18.Modern American Universities Before the 1850s, the United States had a number of small colleges, most of them dating from colonial days. They were small, church connected institutions whose primary concern was to shape the moral character of their

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(192) / 评论(0) 分类 英语范文背诵20篇

IN THE NEWS - European Union Expansion By Cynthia Kirk BROADCAST: December 21, 2002 This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, IN THE NEWS. The European Union has officially asked ten c

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 31 October 2007 The World Meteorological Organization says theLa Niaweather event is under way across the central and eastern equatorial Pacific and these conditions are expected to continue through the first quarter of 2008. L

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

you can kiss me on a monday a monday a monday Is very very good or you can kiss me on a tuesday a tuesday a tuesday in fact i wish you would or you can kiss me on a wednesday a thursday a friday and saturday is best but never ever on a sunday a sund

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 珍藏经典老歌

The farmer drives a tractor. The tractor digs up the ground. He plants yellow corn in the ground. He plants the yellow corn in the spring. The corn grows in the summer. The rain helps the corn grow. If there is no rain, the corn dies. If there is a l

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

欧美经典:It's Not GoodBye--Laura Pausini Now what if I never kiss your lips again or feel the touch of your sweet embrace How would I ever go on Well someday love is going to lead you back to me but till it dose Ill have an empty heart So Ill j

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美绝对经典 U2

SHEP ONEAL: Now, the Special English program, AMERICAN STORIES. (MUSIC) Today, we complete the story Rappaccinis Daughter. It was written by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Here is Kay Gallant with the second and final part of Rappaccinis Daughter. (MUSIC) KAY

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

AMERICAN STORIES - 'Rappaccini's Daughter' by Nathaniel Hawthorne, Part 1 SHEP ONEAL: Now, the Special English program AMERICAN STORIES. Our story today is called Rappaccinis Daughter. It was written by Nathaniel Hawthorne. We will tell the story in

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Study Links Flu Pandemics to La Ni?a A newly-identified link between pandemic flu and the weather phenomenon known as La Ni?a, may one day permit advance warnings of severe influenza outbreaks. Most of the time, influenza is a temporary annoyance. Bu

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

President Barack Obama has nominated Dartmouth College President Jim Yong Kim to head the World Bank. Making the announcement Friday in the White House Rose Garden, President Obama said the World Bank is much more than just a bank. He called the inst

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Now what if I never kiss your lips again 如果我现在无法再吻你 Or feel the touch of your sweet embrace. 或无法感受你甜蜜的拥抱 How would I ever go on?, 那我要如何活下去 Without you there's no place to belong 没有你 没有

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

Voice 1 Hello. Im Marina Santee. Voice 2 And Im Ruby Jones. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 The sun sets over t

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight