tan pipe wretched retention capacitor array gramophone sight fascinate offensive span Moslem mingle armor savage simulate melancholy sorrowful vulgar cannon gravel shepherd rooster linen

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 用Mp3背六级单词

Todays episode is about swearing. The podcast edition of this article was sponsored by GoToAssist Express. You can instantly connect with customers to solve their technical issues. TryGo to Assist Express for free for 30 days. VisitGoToAssist.com/tec

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

05 Making Controversial Comments GLOSSARY news commentator a person whose job is to talk about current events orpolitics, usually on a TV or radio program * If you have such strong opinions about whats happening, maybe you shouldbecome a news comment

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之日常生活

【句子对照】 Don't be a total birdbrain. The directions are completely clear. 别犯傻了,方向很清楚。 【关键俚语】 birdbrain (noun) 英:[offensive] a stupid, unintelligent person 中:愚蠢的人,轻佻的人

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 俚语口头禅

Good evening, my fellow citizens: This Government, as promised, has maintained the closest surveillance of the Soviet military buildup on the island of Cuba. Within the past week, unmistakable evidence has established the fact that a series of offen

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

In recent weeks, we have talked about how people learning a foreign language can be fooled by false friends. These are words that look or sound alike in other languages, but have completely different meanings. Today we will consider a few examples of

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

The United States constitution guarantees a number of rights to U.S. citizens. One of the most famous is the right to free speech. But what if people say or do horrible things? The Supreme Court struggled with this idea in 1989. The case related to a

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Broadcast: Jan 26, 2003 The Pro Football Hall of Fame has announced its class of 2003, with former Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Allen and former Kansas City Coach Hank Stram leading the class. The cla

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-体育专递

What would I do without your smart mouth 没有你的蜜语甜言,我该怎么办 Drawing me in, and you kicking me out 你时而热情似火,时而冷若冰霜 Got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down 让我天旋地转,说真的,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Groups Call for Law to Protect Internet Privacy 非政府组织呼吁立法保护网络隐私 The Internet Governance Forum took place last week in Istanbul, Turkey. The United Nations provided support to the yearly conference. Delegates expressed co

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(九)月

American Muslims Fight Stereotypes 美国穆斯林欲改变其负面形象 Muslims around the world will celebrate the holiday of Eid-al-Fitr, the end of the holy month of Ramadan, on Friday. Ramadan is a time when Muslims fast and focus on God. For

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Technology Report - Surveillance Software Key Concern at Internet Governance Meeting 监控软件在互联网监管会议上关键问题 From VOA Learning English, this is the Technology Report. The Internet Governance Forum took place last week in I

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Thousands of additional American forces are heading into southern Afghanistan, part of the troop surge that President Barack Obama has deployed to help end the Taliban-fuelled insurgency. Already, U.S. and coalition troops are increasing pressure in

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

Kids these days are subject to moral panic, with older people telling them they are spoiled, too easily offended, until it comes to the point some people just don't want to be anywhere near youths. 现在的孩子们很容易遭受道德恐慌,因为

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Goal! Let's all have a goal for our English!进球了!为足球大声朗读起来! First One: kick off At the beginning of the game two players from one of the competing teams face off in the midd

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Inter's coach Stramaccioni, striker Cassano banned

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Heavy fighting has been raging in Basra following a major pre-dawn offensive by thousands of Iraqi troops against Shi'ite militias in the southern city. Iraqi officials say at least 12 people have been killed and 18 wounded in the clashes, but the nu

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年3月

George: Hey, Crystal, I need some advice yo! Crystal: What's up, George? George: So, there's this like red-headed girl in class and I kind of got a crush on her but ... Crystal: Oooh! George: Uuurr! But, yeah, I don't know, you know, how to ask her o

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

They all make the long trip to France. 他们全都将长途跋涉到法国。 The legion has embarked at Brest, along with the well-equipped Chasseurs Alpins a mountain corps, trained for action in snow. 装备精良的阿尔卑斯猎骑兵团和外籍

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 二战启示录

本期内容: Tesla said one of its cars had been involved in a crash in Beijing while in Autopilot mode, the first known incident of its kind in China. The cars owner, who was uninjured, said sales staff had overstated the extent to which the car

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读