005 Apology 1.Excuse me for my smoking here. 2.I just don't know what to say. 3.I'am sorry for what I have said to you. 4.I really feel bad about that. 5.I do apologize about that. 6.I do beg your pardon for the mess I've made. 7.I quite understand.

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语每天说

Americans Prepare for 'Super Bowl Sunday' This is Whats Trending Today. The Super Bowl is this Sunday. The game is the National Football League championship. The Atlanta Falcons play the New England Patriots in Houston, Texas. The Patriots are based

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(二)月

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Students in uniform at a Texas middle school A listener in Fukuoka, Japan, Shinji Abe, would like to know about school uniform policies in the United States. American schoolchildren often wear uniform

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(七)月

Todd: OK, Conrad! Conrad: Yeah! Todd: You're quite the jock! Conrad: Thanks Todd. Todd: Yeah. So, we're gonna talk about sports Conrad: Alright. Todd: What sports do you like? Conrad: Well, I like a lot of sports, but basketball is my favorite. Defin

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Cultural practices, cultural differences, local manners, and mores: traveling the globe can be a behavioral minefield, even when you have the best intentions. Everything from greeting to eating can be an opportunity to do the wrong thing, and not onl

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

ROME, Dec. 18 (Xinhua) -- Luis Enrique claimed he was living his happiest day as Roma head coach after his side beat Napoli 3-1 on Sunday. This is my happiest day on the Roma bench, the under-fire Spaniard was quoted by football-italia.net as saying.

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

What's the Matter? Now, the VOA Learning English program, Words and Their Stories. The English language has a number of hard-working words. People use these words in many different ways and in many different expressions. One such example is the word

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

When people move to another country, some of them decide to follow the customs of the new country. Others prefer to keep their own customs. Compare these two choices. Which one do you prefer? Support your answer with specific details. Nowadays it is

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

Todd: OK, Conrad! 康拉德! Conrad: Yeah! 是的! Todd: You're quite the jock! 你真是个运动健将! Conrad: Thanks Todd. 谢谢。 Todd: Yeah. So, we're gonna talk about sports. 我们将会讨论运动的话题。 Conrad: Alright. 好的。

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

解释: (n.) a person who's annoying because they try to show how clever and knowledgeable they are 一个很讨厌的人,经常炫耀自己的聪明和博学; (adj.) having an annoying way of trying to seem clever 自以为是的人; 来源:

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

Todd: OK, Conrad! Conrad: Yeah! Todd: You're quite the jock! Conrad: Thanks Todd. Todd: Yeah. So, we're gonna talk about sports. Conrad: Alright. Todd: What sports do you like? Conrad: Well, I like a lot of sports, but basketball is my favorite. Defi

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Russia launched a major new offensive across Syria yesterday as air strikes intensified on the besieged city of Aleppo for the first time in weeks. 俄罗斯昨日在叙利亚展开一轮新的大规模攻势,几周来首次加大针对被围困的阿

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BOGOTA, April 8 (Xinhua) -- Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos Tuesday condemned the killing of three policemen in an ambush blamed on members of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) insurgent group. The officers were reportedly kill

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Ruins remain a year after Israel launched Operation Cast Lead, a 22-day ground offensive in the Gaza Strip It has been a year since Israel launched Operation Cast Lead, a 22-day ground offensive in the Gaza Strip. Palestinian leaders and human rights

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

各种酒的英语表达知多少? 西方人将酒大致分成三类:1. liquor 烈酒,包括brandy 白兰地、whiskey 威士忌、vodka 伏特加、tequila 龙舌兰等;2. beer 啤酒;3. wine 葡萄酒和水果酒。除此之外,还有co

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1. How do I put this gently... 我要怎么才能温柔地告诉你 真实含义: This is going to hurt. 下面我要说的可能比较伤人。 2. You're gonna hate me for this... 你不会喜欢这个 真实含义: Because I'm about to say some

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

【生词预览】 carburetor化油器,offensively冒犯地,definitely确实 【笑话原文】 In the Lake My wife came home yesterday and said, Honey, the car wont start, but I know what the problem is. I asked her what it was, and she told me

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

What is the best thing that money can buy? 钱所能买到的最棒的东西是什么? Time. More specifically, you can generally choose to pay extra to avoid dealing with those aspects of life that you find tedious, boring or offensive. 时间。更

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Are you travelling to an English speaking country? If you are, one of the most important things you are going to need to know is how to ask for directions: so here are some useful phrases. 你正在一个说英语的国家旅游吗?如果是的,最重

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

1. How do I put this gently... 我要怎么才能温柔地告诉你 真实含义: This is going to hurt. 下面我要说的可能比较伤人。 2. You're gonna hate me for this... 你不会喜欢这个 真实含义: Because I'm about to say some

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语