Auckland Unleashed is the name of the new discussion paper. It is 220 pages long but you can see a quick video of statistics about Auckland at Auckland Discussion Paper. Some of these statistics are positive but many are negative. The statistics give

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Great Writers: Flannery O'Connor Told of Small-Town Life in the South Written by Richard Thorman (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Ray Freeman with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Today, we tell about wri

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

If love was a river And I was a drowning man Would you get in the water Would you lend me a hand If love was a river Would you sit on the land If love was a mountain High above this town Would you climb to the top Would you never look down If love w

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

By Mary Morningstar Washington 29 October 2006 Country star Alan Jackson, 48, has dominated the Country charts throughout the past two decades. He's best-known for such uptempo hits as Don't Rock the Jukebox, Chattahoochee and his Grammy-winning due

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

By Alisha Ryu Nairobi 22 June 2007 In another major setback for international efforts to bring peace to Somalia, a violent power struggle between two sub-clans in the port city of Kismayo is fueling fear that an all-out clan war could erupt at any ti

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)

The Space Shuttle Endeavour has landed after completing an 11-day mission to expand living space aboard the International Space Station. VOA's Brian Wagner reports from Miami. Space shuttle Endeavour and the STS-126 crew land at Edwards Air Force Ba

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十二月)

World Population Day Focuses on Family Planning There are already seven billion people living in this world. Half of the population is under the age of 25. We add a quarter of a million people a day to the world population, and, of course, the planet

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(七月)

US Offers Full US Support for Greek Economic Recovery Plan Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says the United States unequivocally supports the economic recovery plan of Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou. Clinton held talks with top Greek offici

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(七月)

Gap-like Japanese Retailer Plans Hundreds of US Stores As the U.S. economy continues to struggle, Gap, one of the largest U.S. clothing retailers, will soon close 20 percent of its stores. Meanwhile, a major Japanese clothing retailer - with merchand

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

Indias Food Security Plan Met With Skepticism With food inflation hitting 8.25 percent in May, New Delhi resident Geeta Kashyap bargains even harder at the market to keep costs down. As food prices rise, she is left to wonder how the poorest in India

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(七月)

The two steel truss arch halves of an extra-big bridge over the Lancang River were connected Tuesday morning after two vertical turns. The bridge, which sits 270 meters above the Lancang River, is a part of the DaliRuili Railway in southwest China's

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

By Alisha Ryu Nairobi 12 March 2007 An old Somali man, holds his gun in Bakhara market in Mogadishu to defend his family from looters (File photo) In the Somali capital, Mogadishu, elders of the locally-dominant Hawiye clan tell VOA that the interim

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(三月)

One of my co-workers, Betty, was retiring this month after working for the company 23 years. I was put in charge of planning a retirement lunch in her honor at a restaurant nearby. The company was picking up the tab and it was up to me to set a day a

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

By Shahnawaz Khan Srinigar 29 October 2007 The International Committee to Ban Land Mines has been urging nations around the world to ban land mines. While India has resisted the ban because of security issues on its borders, an alliance of insurgents

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

By Anjana Pasricha New Delhi 29 October 2007 Tens of thousands of farmers have converged in the Indian capital following a month-long protest march. As Anjana Pasricha reports from New Delhi, they are demanding rights over land and livelihood. Singin

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

By Steve Herman Okinawa, Japan 13 March 2006 The United States and Japan are discussing plans to move 8,000 U.S. Marines off the island of Okinawa. Both governments hope the move will ease conflicts w

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(178) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(三月)

By Alisha Ryu Mogadishu 11 June 2007 In a new sign of trouble for Somalia's transitional government, elders of the Hawiye clan, which dominates in the capital, are threatening to boycott a national reconciliation conference, scheduled to begin in fiv

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)

About a year ago, I came up with an idea that I thought would revolutionize the way people sell their goods on the Internet. After a lot of planning, I decided to try to attract investors by developing a business plan. I got some advice from my frien

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Chinese Premier Li Keqiang, along with his counterparts from Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam are attending the meetings. The leaders have witnessed the signing of the Sanya Declaration which sets the tone for future cooperation. Premier

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

Chen Fengying is the director of World Economy Center with China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations. She says cooperation related to water resources is one of the priorities of the meeting, and locals will enjoy benefits from such coo

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台