Transcript of the Prime Minister's Broadcast on the NHS Plan Friday 28 July 2000 The creation of the National Health Service back in 1948 lifted a massive worry from people's lives. For the first time, health care did not depend on wealth. Need, not

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 布莱尔首相演讲

US Military Plans Operations in Africa Onboard a U.S. military transport plane ready for takeoff from the airport at Ouagadougou, capital of Burkina Faso are U.S.-trained Burkinabe troops on a training mission to Mali. The airport is the hub of what

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

PEOPLE IN AMERICA -October 27, 2002: Alan Shepard By Avi Arditti VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Each week we te

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

Water Blankets Forming Planets A study in the journal Science finds much more molecular water in regions where planets are forming around young stars. The mechanism to keep the water from being destroyed by UV radiation appears to involve some of the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

ENVIRONMENT REPORT - October 11, 2002: China's Plan for Dams Called Threat to Mekong River By Cynthia Kirk This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Several southeast Asian countries are con

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

THIS IS AMERICA - Living a Simple Life: the Amish of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Monday, May 02, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA, in VOA Special Engl

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

Somaliland's incoming President Ahmed Mohamed 'Silyano' Mohamoud, center, and Vice President Abdirahman Abdallahi Ismai, right, after President Mohamoud was sworn in as Somaliland's fourth president, 27 Jul 2010 Ahmed Mohamed Silaanyo was sworn in Mo

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

Have a little love on a little honeymoon You got a little dish and you got a little spoon A little bitty house and a little bitty yard A little bitty dog and a little bitty car Well, it's alright to be little bitty A little hometown in a big old cit

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Romney Adviser Discusses Foreign Policy Plans Middle East Romney has said his first foreign trip as president would be to Israel. During his visit there in July, he lashed out against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. The dictator in Damascus, no fri

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(九月)

Egyptian Villagers Debate Candidates' Economic Plans Life in rural Egypt under the previous government was hard. Poverty was endemic - a third of Egyptians live on less than $2 a day. Prospects for change were almost nil. So the promise of new leader

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

Plan Hatched to Lure Swallows Back to Capistrano The cliff swallows' long-time roost at Mission San Juan Capistrano is celebrated every March with a parade, and 70 years ago, was immortalized through a song, When the Swallows Come Back to Capistrano,

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

Inauguration Security -- A Year In The Planning Presidential inaugurations are elaborate. There's the swearing-in with domestic and foreign dignitaries present. The moving of the president to and from the White House, and the massive crowds that gath

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(一月)

Obama Touts Jobs Bill; Debt Plan Due Monday President Barack Obama is continuing his appeal to Congress to pass his plan to boost hiring and the economy. The president plans to announce on Monday how he will pay for the plan and reduce the government

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

Environmentalists Embrace Obama Climate Plan The plan would help curb carbon emissions, prepare the nation for the impact of climate change and expand the U.S. global role in fighting it. Eileen Claussen, president of Climate and Energy Solutions, an

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

It's twilight and the streets Light are coming on I'm in a stream of cars On this Boulevard, headed home I can hardly wait You can make what went wrong today Seam right Bring on the night It's been a long hard day So bring on the night Bring on the

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

By Scott Bobb Johannesburg 23 November 2007 The political landscape in Namibia has been unsettled by the defection of several senior leaders of the ruling SWAPO party to form an opposition party. The split comes as longtime SWAPO leader Sam Nujoma pr

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

By Alisha Ryu Mogadishu 17 January 2007 In Somalia, the demise of the country's once-powerful Islamist movement is putting enormous pressure on the secular, U.N.-recognized interim government to rally popular support and stabilize the country. VOA C

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(一月)

First I get cold and hot think I'm on fire, but I'm not. Oh, what a pain I've got, it must be love! There's nothing I can do, all that I want is you. Look what I'm going through, it must be love! It must be love, it must be love. I fall like a sparro

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Kara: So, now that we've had my birthday and my party, what you would you like to do for yours? Lupe: Well, it's still a couple months away and I really did enjoy my birthday last year and the year before that, but my twenty-first birthday was by far

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

The place to meet Jana Danica is at the Lanzhou University library. Jana has been studying Chinese for 6 and half years, and earned a bachelor's degree in sinology. For the last 2 and half years she's been working on an environmental law program taug

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下