Lesson 38 Learning How to ApologizeWhat are the hardest words to pronounce in English? It seems that I'm sorry are the two most difficult words for most people to say. Perhaps this difficulty lies in the so-called losing of face phrase; when a person

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(373) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄高级美国英语

activate 激励 chill 扫兴 beam 传送 bleak 暗淡的 drastic 剧烈的 dynamic 充满活力的 dreary 枯燥的 excursive 游览 fertile 肥沃的 gale 飓风 glacier 冰河 instinct 天分 invicible 无敌的 flourish 繁荣兴旺 flush 兴奋得意 ingenious 绝妙的 jungle 丛林 latitud

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 80天攻克雅思核心词汇

Track 08 I will leave with you There was a rich merchant who had four wives. He loved the fourth wife the most, and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to delicacies. He toke great care of her and gave her nothing but the best. She also loved

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 女人香美丽英文

Now, there's been some action, too. 现在,人们也已经有所行动。 Over the past decade, six major health care providers and insurers have committed over 600 million dollars to affordable housing, 在过去几十年,6家主要医疗保健提

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

As a work-obsessed bachelor, Chicago lawyer David Buetow feared his life was empty. So he got a dog named Duncan. Now, Buetow believes that Duncan helped him grow into a better, more mature person. From NPR news, this is weekend edition, I am Liane

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Topic1-Price list for Chinese styled blind dates A so-called price list of males and females in the dating pool has gone viral. The property you buy or inherit, your Hukou or household registration, you educational background can all come with a pric

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

There is no end to demand for Italys white gold. For many people, that white gold is not metal but marble from the town of Carrara in Tuscany. The marble mining work in Carrara is ancient. Workers first began removing stone from the mountains of Tusc

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

影片对白 TAVINGTON: I dare to presume my own meager contributions will be rewarded one day. CORNWALLIS: You may presume too much. His Majesty, like history, judges us not only by the outcome of the war and the manner in which it was fought. Although

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

1. Iraqi flags are flying throughout Baghdad as residents prepare to mark the 4th anniversary of the city's fall in the US-led invasion of Iraq. Supporters of radical cleric Muqtada al-Sadr planned to mark the day with a demonstration in Najaf. 2. P

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

ROME, Jan. 7 (Xinhua) -- Lazio head coach Edy Reja was left disappointed by his worst Lazio after they succumbed 4-0 at Siena in the Italian Serie A on Saturday. The Biancocelesti had previously been unbeaten away from home, but were crushed by the T

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Criticized as materialistic, often hypocritical, some look inward Ted Landphair | Washington, DC 21 December 2009 Photo: Carol M. Highsmith One-fourth of U.S. adults not just Christians, all adults identify themselves as evangelicals. And evangelical

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: In his second novel, The Hearts Of Men, writer Nickolas Butler explores what it means to be a good man in a changing America. The story begins with an unlikely friendship struck at a Boy Scouts camp and unfolds over three generat

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

34While Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon and all his army and all the kingdoms and peoples in the empire he ruled were fighting against Jerusalem and all its surrounding towns, this word came to Jeremiah from the Lord : 2This is what the Lord , the God

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 耶利米书

Good people all, with one accord, 善良的人,异口同声, Lament for Madam Blaize, 哀悼,布莱兹夫人, Who never wanted a good wordFrom those who spoke her praise. 生前,她不在意任何褒奖,尽管,他们发自内心称赞。

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

??The 4 Wives 生命中的四位爱人 There was a rich merchant who had 4 wives. He loved the 4th wife the most and adorned her with rich robes and treated her to delicacies. He took great care of her

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Lines written in early spring I heard a thousand blended notes, While in a grove I sate reclined, In that sweet mood when pleasant thoughts, Bring sad thoughts to the mind. To her fair works did nature link The human soul that through me ran; And muc

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

kinetic adj. 运动的(of or resulting from motion);动力学的(of or relating to kinetic art)[记]词根记忆:kine(动)+tic运动的 know-how n. 专业技能,知识(practical ability or skill)[记]分拆联想:know+how知道如何做专业技能

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

唤醒天使与魔鬼的对话:Force Of The Shore Song:Force Of The Shore Appearance is deceptive So perfect in disguise Therea?s more than what you see A semblance is protective A blinder for the eyes A place to hide and flee Flee and you all ne

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

在学习英语词汇中,有时同义词的辨析是很不容易的,我们一般从三方面进行区分,即:语法、语义和文体。语法主要是词性、搭配、句式等的区分;语义主要是词义的本义、引申义、比喻义和

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 大学四六级阅读

Seventeen-year-old Kurt Coleman has garnered an enormous following online by posting selfies and boasting about his good looks. 通过自拍和吹嘘自己的美貌,17岁的少年Kurt Coleman已经在网络上拥有了一批追随者。 The teenage

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间