LESSON 6 1.Avenue n.大街 同:road Many people walked down the avenue through the center of the park. 2.Bestow v.赠予 同:confer The president of the college bestowed honors on the best students. 3.Brim 1.n.(杯,碗,盘等的)边 同:brink

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(457) / 评论(0) 分类 刘毅词汇 5000

听辨练习 A. Read the words below and give the past tense forms . look like enjoy collect suppress applaud agree acquire bother stagger chop connect demand dispute scan fence heat implore insert react list monitor fit outline reflect rain remember pl

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方4+1听力口语

5Hear this word, O house of Israel, this lament I take up concerning you: 2Fallen is Virgin Israel, never to rise again, deserted in her own land, with no one to lift her up. 3This is what the Sovereign Lord says: The city that marches out a thousand

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 阿摩司书

2How the Lord has covered the Daughter of Zion with the cloud of his anger ! He has hurled down the splendor of Israel from heaven to earth; he has not remembered his footstool in the day of his anger. 2Without pity the Lord has swallowed up all the

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 耶利米哀歌

Look now at the wondrous traditional story of how this island was settled by the red-men. 最早定居于这块不毛之地的是红种人。 Thus goes the legend. 关于此,还有一段传说呢。 In olden times an eagle swooped down upon the New

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 白鲸记

A MARTINEZ, HOST: Northeastern Nigeria now where the Boko Haram terror network has killed 20,000 people, driven millions from their homes and abducted thousands. Adults and children who survived the eight-year insurgency are beginning to tell their t

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Campus love Nowadays, campus love is popular. Some college teachers argue that students should give up love for the sake of learning. They maintain that love is time consuming and influences ones learning. Some students, however, hold that a student

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Topic1-Chinese Internet User Report According to the 40th annual report on Internet Users in China released by China Internet Network Information Centre, currently, China has seven hundred and fifty one (751) million internet users, a 2.7 percent gro

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is words that can get you into trouble. Guest-writer Bonnie Trenga writes: Once upon a time, some mistaken citizens stood up for American principals, p-r-i-n-c-i-p-a-l-s. Across the Atlantic, a nutty queen sat on her

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

After 20 years as a pilot, I became an airport manger and soon found the stress was getting to me. I needed a release and wanted to buy a motorcycle, but my family thought it was too dangerous. My wif

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Science and Technology Allergy to wine The oenophile's lament 科技 红酒过敏 酒鬼们的烦恼 An explanation for a most unfortunate condition 这件不幸的事现在有解释了 ONE of lifes sadder statistics is that about 8% of people get sn

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

29Woe to you, Ariel, Ariel, the city where David settled! Add year to year and let your cycle of festivals go on. 2Yet I will besiege Ariel; she will mourn and lament, she will be to me like an altar hearth. 3I will encamp against you all around; I w

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 以赛亚书

19An oracle concerning Egypt: See, the Lord rides on a swift cloud and is coming to Egypt. The idols of Egypt tremble before him, and the hearts of the Egyptians melt within them. 2I will stir up Egyptian against Egyptian- brother will fight against

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 以赛亚书

16Send lambs as tribute to the ruler of the land, from Sela, across the desert, to the mount of the Daughter of Zion. 2Like fluttering birds pushed from the nest, so are the women of Moab at the fords of the Arnon. 3Give us counsel, render a decision

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 以赛亚书

7This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord : 2Stand at the gate of the Lord 's house and there proclaim this message: 'Hear the word of the Lord , all you people of Judah who come through these gates to worship the Lord . 3This is what the

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 耶利米书

9Oh, that my head were a spring of water and my eyes a fountain of tears! I would weep day and night for the slain of my people. 2Oh, that I had in the desert a lodging place for travelers, so that I might leave my people and go away from them; for t

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 耶利米书

19Take up a lament concerning the princes of Israel 2and say: 'What a lioness was your mother among the lions! She lay down among the young lions and reared her cubs. 3She brought up one of her cubs, and he became a strong lion. He learned to tear th

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 以西结书

It's the good feeling I got from being saved from the death trap of the storm drain by the old man, 这就是那位老人将我从雨篦子的死亡陷阱中拯救出来之后,我得到的那种美妙的感觉; or how I feel like part of a commun

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

本期内容: It'sokaytocomplainonceinawhileasawaytovent,butdoingittoooftenmakesyouamagnetfornegativity.Wheneveryoucomplain,yougiveyourpowerawaytotheuniverse. 抱怨一两次去发泄感情当然无可厚非,但是如果总是抱怨会让你成为一

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

Eradicating these bad habits 改掉坏习惯 Giving in to fear. 屈服于恐惧 Fear is nothing more than a lingering emotion that's fueled by your imagination.Danger is real. It's the uncomfortable rush ofadrenaline you get when you almost step in f

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening