DAVID GREENE, HOST: Many powerful men in Washington, including here at NPR, are facing sexual harassment allegations in the court of public opinion. But in actual court, such cases filed by workers against their employers are often dismissed. The way

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Accepts you as you are 接受原本的你 Believes in you 相信你这个人 Calls you just to say Hi 打电话给你只是想说声嗨 Doesn't give up on you 从不放弃对你的信心 Envisions the whole of you 预期你总是尽全力 Forgives yo

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 情满人间的温馨故事

-Well, understand, understand: Uh, I have a recessive dance gene, quite frank, because of my complexion. I am I'd like to say, Im a white boy from Oakland, but I am from Oakland you see. So we can I believe in you all, we can do it. -Do it. -So, you

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2011年

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And, I'm Barbara Klein. This week, we will tell about efforts against the H1N1 virus, often called swine flu. We will give a possible explanation for why some

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十一)月

Analyst: After ICC Ruling, Kenya Must Accept Hague Trials A legal analyst says Kenya has no choice but to continue with the International Criminal Court trials now that judges have rejected the country's attempt to stop proceedings at The Hague. Late

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

This is Scientific American 60 Second Science, Im Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Classical music competitions pick performers against each other. Obviously the most important criterion for judges is sound. But that assumption needs a n

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(八)月

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is more than two centuries old. Americans still talk about it a lot, but what exactly is it? RS: We asked American University law prof

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

北京奥运28大项 参与,竞争,分享,进步 Boxing 拳击 英文原文 The Chairperson of the Referees and Judges Commission at each tournament shall arrange a joint meeting of the Referees and Judges and the seconds who are going to work in each tournament and

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运28大项比赛

今天我们要学的词是speak out。 Speak out, 公开发表意见。美国总统奥巴马荣获诺贝尔和平奖让很多人感到意外。In a rare move, four of the Nobel jury's five judges spoke out to defend their selection, 诺贝尔和平奖

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. Elected judges in the United States got a warning this week about money, politics and the law. The Supreme Court ruled that a huge campaign donation can be reason enough not to judge a case involving

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(六)月

Jefferson Moves to Cut Debt, Spending - Pgm No. 32 Learning English, welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION, our weekly program of American history - for people learning English. I'm Steve Ember. In our last program, we talked about President Thomas Jeffe

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

By Paige Kollock New York 10 January 2008 Millions of people travel through New York City's public transportation systems every day. Amidst the sounds of screeching trains and conductor announcements many of these people hear the sounds of New York's

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(一月)

Related Links: 2010 National Engineers Week Future City Competition Davidson IB Middle School U.S. Space and Rocket Center Space Camp On the third and final day of the 2010 Engineers Week Future City Competition regional winners from 39 schools, alon

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: There has been drama in Washington lately over the judiciary. Take the political fight over the vacant Supreme Court seat or the president calling some in black robes so-called judges. All this has got movie critic Bob Mondello thi

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

NOEL KING, HOST: Could the president hire and fire civil servants at will? That question is at the heart of a concept that's likely to come up often at Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation hearings this fall. NPR's legal affairs corre

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

The leader of the second largest political party in Pakistan's ruling coalition announced Friday that all the judges President Pervez Musharraf sacked last year will be reinstated on May 12. 巴基斯坦执政联盟的第二大政党领导人星期五宣

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年5月

Reality TV makes stars out of ordinary people The latest fashion on British TV is Reality TV. Reality TV means that shows follow and film ordinary people in an artificial situation. This could be at work, or in some kind of competition. One of the fi

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Todd: Most countries' lawyers have to pass a certain exam. To be a lawyer in this court system do you have to pass some special exam? Katia: Actually, well first you have to be a lawyer from a particular country. Then after that you study human right

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

BEIJING, June 16 (Xinhuanet) Jennifer Lopez said that shes uncertain whether she will return to the American Idol judging panel next season, media reported Thursday. Lopez signed a one-year deal with the show and is happy that there is no rush for he

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

By Challiss McDonough Cairo 17 May 2006 Egyptian human rights groups say about 360 people have been arrested over the past three weeks in what many are calling the biggest crackdown on political disse

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)