[00:00.00]在线英语听力室( www.tingroom.com )友情制作 [00:03.09]2001 [00:06.36]The government is to ban payments to witnesses [00:08.89]by newspapers seeking to buy up people involved in [00:12.62]prominent cases (1)such as the trial of Rosemary West

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 历年考研英语完型填空

My family has adopted a new, night time routine on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. It's one that is an obsession in this country. We watch American Idol. You have probably heard about it. It is a reality television show which is based around a competition t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Famous former British athlete Colin Jackson learns to dance Ballroom dancing in the UK used to be seen as something rather unfashionable that old people might do. For the past five years though, the popularity of ballroom dancing has soared thanks t

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

By Rebecca Ward Heading into the last week of Olympic games in Athens, a number of judging mishaps have caused some hard feelings and, in at least one case, the suspension of three judges. But, this i

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--雅典奥运

1. cross,混合物,杂交,杂种。 eg:A Barbary duck is a cross between a wild duck and an ordinary duck. 巴巴里鸭系由野鸭与普通鸭杂交而成。 2. communicate,沟通,交际,交往;和某人沟通就是communicate with someone。 eg:

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠教你听英语广播

Todd: Most countries' lawyers have to pass a certain exam. To be a lawyer in this court system do you have to pass some special exam? Katia: Actually, well first you have to be a lawyer from a particular country. Then after that you study human right

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

145. Look at what you've down W: Look at what you've down. M: Sorry, I will never be this naughty again. W: Go back to your room. Don't come out till I call you. M: Look at what you've down W: It's not me. I've been staying in my room. M: Who else ca

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 越说越地道英语

Reality TV makes stars out of ordinary people The latest fashion on British TV is Reality TV. Reality TV means that shows follow and film ordinary people in an artificial situation. This could be at work, or in some kind of competition. One of the f

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 Take Away English

阿根廷总统斥责法院阻止司法改革 BUENOS AIRES, June 20 (Xinhua) -- Argentine President Cristina Fernandez on Thursday rebuked the Supreme Court of Justice for blocking key parts of a judicial reform proposed by her administration. The co

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Hello to you, I'm Creshon Saunders at the CNN.com newsroom in Atlanta. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. President Obama tells CBS's 60 Minutes that he is sticking with Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner. Some critics have called for

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(三)月

ANNOUNCER: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. In May of seventeen eighty-seven, a group of America's early leaders met in Philadelphia. Over a period of four months, they worked on a document that would establ

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(二)月

Death of Judge Scalia Slows Top American Court The U.S. Supreme Court often has the final say on Americas most important legal issues. In 1973, the court ruled that women have a right to abortion. By 54 votes, the Supreme Court ruled that the federal

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Todd: Most countries' lawyers have to pass a certain exam. To be a lawyer in this court system do you have to pass some special exam? Katia: Actually, well first you have to be a lawyer from a particular country. Then after that you study human right

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

英语学习笔记: nerd [n?:rd] n. 书呆子;笨蛋 douche [du?] n. 灌注法;灌水法;灌水器 v. 施行灌注法 characters ['k?r?kt?z] n. 人物;角色;特性;字符 superficial [?su:p?r?f??l] adj. 表面的;肤浅的 personalit

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

Science and Technolgy 科技 The science of justice 司法的学问 I think it's time we broke for lunch 该吃午餐了 Court rulings depend partly on when the judge last had a snack 法庭判决结果一定程度上取决于法官上一次吃点心的

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

今天我们要学的词是recuse。 Recuse指鉴于利益冲突,法官自行回避案件审理。美国联邦最高法院星期一做出裁定,Judges should recuse themselves from cases in which a party contributed significantly to their campaig

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Science and technology 科学技术 The science of justice 司法的学问 I think it's time we broke for lunch 该吃午餐了 Court rulings depend partly on when the judge last had a snack 法庭判决结果一定程度上取决于法官上一次吃点

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

今天我们要学的词是hard-pressed。 Be hard-pressed to do something, 意思是面临很大的困难。 Without additional loans, the company will be hard-pressed not to go bankrupt, 如果没有额外的贷款,这家公司恐怕很难不破产

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

JUDY WOODRUFF: And now to a different court question, and that is the mounting controversy over President Trump's attacks on the judiciary. We have just referred to them. For that, we turn to two former judges. Paul Cassell teaches at the University

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

The legal work reports are a hot issue for NPC deputies and CPPCC members during each political season. They come from all walks of life and have different angles on the reports. CCTV's Han Peng speaks to some of them on their response to the reports

发表于:2019-03-12 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年