W: How about having lunch at super star restaurant? M: I am sorry but all I can afford today are a big Mac and small coke. W: Dont worry about that, lunch is on me. M: I cant do that. W: Come on. I insist. M: Well, if you insist. Thank you, but next

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 流利美国口语

U119 The weather is looking up. Life is looking up now. The business is looking up I'm sure everything is looking up I want to look him up. Promise to look me up. You can look it in the dictionary May

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 沛沛英语

No matter what anybody says, there's no telling how man came into existence. But some people insist that through evolution human beings came from apes. A recent incident seems to support such a sugges

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(173) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

15.Barbara _____ in doing it again though she had failed more than a dozen times. A. consisted B. resisted C. assisted D. persisted B.arbara B.arbara 芭芭拉 barbarian 土人 barren 贫瘠的 embarr

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方赵丽词汇课堂

在表示建议、命令、要求、忠告等动词的后面的宾语从句中的虚拟语气 由于这些动词本身隐含说话者的主观意见,认为某事应该或不应该怎样,这些词语后面的that从句应用虚拟语气,且均以

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 大学四六级阅读

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. 生活一直都很简单,而我们却一直都忍不住得把它变得很复杂。 图片1

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2017.01

Topics: American Presidents-William Howard Taft; deprecated versus obsolete versus outdated; to insist versus to persist; to set (one's) jaw square Words: justice to appoint ally appeal to turn down advisor successor campaigning conservation to rig t

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

坚持不懈,直到成功。 我们每天的奋斗就像对参天大树的一次砍击,头几刀可能了无痕迹。每一击看似微不足道,然而,累积起来,巨树终会倒下。这恰

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级词汇与结构练习

A dog owner claimed that his pet, when given money, would go to the news stall to buy a paper. His friend insisted on a demonstration and handed the dog some money - The dog trotted off, but an hour l

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

(16) A: I need to change the time we meet for lunch. B: What time would be good for you? A: I'll be about half an hour late. B: Good, I'll see you there at 12:30. A:我需要更改我们见面吃午饭的

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

A: How do we do timesheets here? B: They are actually fairly straightforward. Do you know where the blanks are kept? A: Yes, I already have one. B: OK, well after you take one out of that second drawer, you put your name on the top. Do you see? A: I

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

[典型表达] What can I do for you? May / Can I help you? 你要买什么? I want / Id like a pair of sports shoes for my son. 我要为我儿子买双运动鞋。 How much is it? 多少钱? Thats too expensive, Im afraid. 恐怕太贵了。 Th

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

剧码: 黑手党的女儿 Acheng:Thank you so much. [to Sophia] I can't take this. Sophia: She will insist. It's a rosary. She has millions of them. Take it. Acheng:What did she mean just now about raising pigs? Sophia: Oh! My grandmother used to

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

2014考研英语考察的是大家综合的英语水平,要想英语得高分,我们首先就要保证每个句子的正确性,这样才能保证整篇文章通畅连贯。下面我们来看看英语写作中我们常出现的句子错误。众所

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

(16) A: I need to change the time we meet for lunch. B: What time would be good for you? A: I'll be about half an hour late. B: Good, I'll see you there at 12:30. A:我需要更改我们见面吃午饭

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

【生词预览】 carburetor化油器,offensively冒犯地,definitely确实 【笑话原文】 In the Lake My wife came home yesterday and said, Honey, the car wont start, but I know what the problem is. I asked her what it was, and she told me

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

With this hand,I will lift your sorrows. 我将用这只手带走你的悲伤 Your cup will never empty,for I will be your wine. 你的杯子永远不会干涸,我将成为你杯中的美酒 Mrs.Everglot.You look ravishing(令人陶醉的) this

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

[典型表达] What can I do for you? May / Can I help you? 你要买什么? I want / Id like a pair of sports shoes for my son. 我要为我儿子买双运动鞋。 How much is it? 多少钱? Thats too expensive, Im afraid. 恐怕太贵了。 Th

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

God I messed it up again, I seem to do this all the time Can you forgive me one again, or have I finally crossed the line? They say Your grace is always with me and You're near me all the time If that's the case I pray sincerely that Your love is tru

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

111届广交会常用英语关于礼貌拒绝客人 13. Im sorry. We cant accept D/P or D/A. We insist on payment by L/C. 14. Im afraid we must insist on our usual payment terms. 15. Payment by installments is not the usual practice in world trade. 1

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语